Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LFG (Werewolf, Vampire, or Mage): Portland/Salem/Eugene area, or online.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LFG (Werewolf, Vampire, or Mage): Portland/Salem/Eugene area, or online.

Hello! I'm looking to join a World of Darkness game (or Chronicles of Darkness). My favorite is Werewolf: the Apocalypse, but I'll happily play either Vampire, either Mage, or either Werewolf. I've only dabbled in some of the others though, so I'll be a "mostly new" player to anything outside of Werewolf (at least flavor-wise, not system-wise).

Hoping to find story-based, character-driven fun (balancing combat with story, instead of never-ending dungeon crawls). I love long-running adventures where characters have a chance to come to life and grow. My favorite style is theatrical instead of narrative. "I tap my watch. 'You're late. They've already left without us.'" instead of, "I ask him why he's late."

I'm in Pacific Standard Time. I'm aiming to play every other week (roughly twice a month), but I would be willing to swing a weekly game if that's all I can get. I'm available in evenings Thurs-Fri (4 pm PST or later), or any time Saturday. Sunday's an option, but only if it's every other week.

If anyone's in Portland, Salem, or Eugene areas of Oregon, I'd love to play around a table. Otherwise, I'll play online instead! If online, I prefer voice chat. Text here and there is fine (adding in details in combat, or for OOC (out-of-character) use), but voice chat sells it for me. I'm cool with Roll20, Fantasy Grounds (I have a paid version), or something new.

If you're putting together a new game, or if you're currently in a WoD/CoD group that has room at the table for one more, let me know!
    Last edited by Wakuwa; 01-10-2017, 07:22 PM.

Hey there. I live in the Portland area, but I don't have anything going on at the moment (and haven't for long time, sadly). But if you have Steam or Skype I can add you, and I'll let you know if I start up a game, or find one out here.

Comment

I'd be into something online too. Mage would be cool, or Changeling, Mummy, Hunter, in that order. Anything else would be a maybe. Also, I'd have to think about it, but I might be able to run something, especially if its PbP or maybe chat.i'd prolly be no good for STing anything voice, however.

Comment

I'd be very interested in a PbP or chat game as a player.

Comment

I'd love a chat game too, or in person. I don't think I'd like text-based. My preferences are Changeling and normal CoD (human characters). But I'd be willing to try other things, especially while waiting for Changeling 2e to release.

Comment

I'm not really interested in a PbP, as I greatly prefer the flow and dynamic of real-time interaction. Definitely looking for either voice or in-person.

Changeling is closer to the bottom of my WoD/CoD preference, mostly because I've had some pretty lackluster times with Changeling. It felt kind of like Mage Lite, though that could have been the group I played it with. I've only played one campaign, and it was the Classic WoD version, so I don't really have much experience with CoD's version. My preference for Vampire/Mage/Werewolf is mostly because of familiarity with those titles and because I already own those books. That all said, with the right group, I'd be up for trying the other settings.

Comment

I understand what you mean, both about the in person/voice and the game preferences. However, I strongly urge you to check out nWoD Changeling. Out of all the games it is, by far, in my opinion, the most improved. It's actually my favorite role playing game ever, and I've played plenty of classic Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Hunter, and new Vampire. I strongly urge you to check it out, as it is a very different game from Changeling the Dreaming.

Comment

Changeling the Lost is amazing, and totally different from Dreaming. They couldn't be any more different, really.I'd consider voice but I find it kind of intimidating.Also I kind of prefer 1e. There's something about 2e I have trouble with, I dunno.
                Last edited by DissapatiDeum; 01-19-2017, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DissapatiDeum View Post
                  Changeling the Lost is amazing, and totally different from Dreaming. They couldn't be any more different, really.I'd consider voice but I find it kind of intimidating.Also I kind of prefer 1e. There's something about 2e I have trouble with, I dunno.
                  Would you play a voice game if you weren't Storyteller?

Comment

Working...
                  X