X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AzraelFirestorm
    • Nov 2013

World of Darkness - Street Fighter

The title is a bit dramatic, but accurate. I'm looking for 1-3 players interested in playing Mortals/Shih with martial arts skills roughly equivalent to something found in popular martial arts fiction or anime, set in the classic World of Darkness.

Reply or dm if curious.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
    - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
    (She/Her)
  • Wakuwa
    • Dec 2016

That sounds awesome! I've just joined a couple games recently though, so I've hit my limit, but I really hope this gets off the ground.

Comment

• AzraelFirestorm
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Wakuwa View Post
      That sounds awesome! I've just joined a couple games recently though, so I've hit my limit, but I really hope this gets off the ground.
      Thanks for the encouragement! If you ever have a free schedule, I'd be happy to have you play!

To clarify: My setting is heavily supernatural and has a naturally (IRL) large and varied martial arts community.

Most styles of eastern martial arts are represented, including the Filipino Martial Arts, many forms of external and internal Wushu/Kung Fu, Tang Soo Do, Aikido, Tae Kwon Do and more standardized arts like karate, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, Kendo and boxing. Characters will have access to the Chi trait, Shih Qiao, Numina and an altered form of Hedge Magic resembling certain paths of Thaumaturgy.

I'll be using V20, WoD: Combat, Demon Hunter X and Sorcerer Revised for crunch.
      Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 01-28-2017, 10:48 AM.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
      (She/Her)

Comment

• Acudoc119
        • Jul 2016

Hi! If you're still looking for players, I am absolutely interested in playing.

I'm familiar with the works cited, and can generally be available every other Saturday/Sunday/Monday. I'm very familiar with GoogleHangouts, but can be a fast learner for other formats.

IRL I've done Filipino Martial Arts since I was 11(am 29 now), and have been doing Classic World of Darkess stuff for quite a while off and on, so what you're proposing sounds awesome!

Let me know if you need any other information, or have any other questions, I will keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks.

Comment

• AzraelFirestorm
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Acudoc119 View Post
          Hi! If you're still looking for players, I am absolutely interested in playing.

I'm familiar with the works cited, and can generally be available every other Saturday/Sunday/Monday. I'm very familiar with GoogleHangouts, but can be a fast learner for other formats.

IRL I've done Filipino Martial Arts since I was 11(am 29 now), and have been doing Classic World of Darkess stuff for quite a while off and on, so what you're proposing sounds awesome!

Let me know if you need any other information, or have any other questions, I will keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks.
          I'd love to have you play! The game, and most games I run, is being played over Skype. I hope that's not a problem. Google Hangouts has never worked well for me. IRL experience in FMA is definitely cool (I might get very curious. Hopefully you don't mind lotsa questions). Sunday or Monday are both good game days for me, but we can discuss that further.
          Please add me on Skype: morningsidekiller1
          email: [email protected].

(She/Her)

Comment

• AzraelFirestorm
            • Nov 2013

The official name of the chronicle Is Borderlands:.Crimson Arena and ties into the metaplot of my other games, if only slightly.

Most of the mechanics for combat will be covered by the V20 and DaV20 core books, along with World of Darkness: Combat.
            Some additional crunch and fluff will come courtesy of Sorcerer Revised and the Hunters Hunted II.

A blurb:
            Welcome to The Red. It's had many homes, many names and many lives. Now it's the Red Circuit Combat Sports Club. A private getaway for the rich, a gambling hub for a handful of the more murderous international crime syndicates and a place where good men fight like gladiators and die like dogs.

Inside, around and above that is another truth, though. The Circuit is the Arena. It's the Colosseum. The stage you were born for. Your fighting skills, previously used for others, undeveloped or ignored, are your keys to the Kingdom.
            Your fists guide your Destiny here. You know the truth. This is where men and monster alike fight like Gods, where a fighter lives and dies a Legend.
            Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 02-03-2017, 01:17 AM.

(She/Her)

Comment

• AzraelFirestorm
              • Nov 2013

Bump

(She/Her)

Comment

Working...