Looking for a PbP Mage game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a PbP Mage game

I am looking to join a Mage: the Awakening 2e PbP game.

Me likewise.

Simurgh, Mysterium Thyrsus in Mountains of Shadow (IC|OOC)

Comment

Yep, me three. Boy howdy it sure would be nice if someone ran one.

Comment

I've considered it before, but I don't know 2e at all. Only 1e. I've run lots of CoD 1e games before in real life, but I feel like I'd only flub 2e until I play in one myself. Plus I've never played PbP. I'll read up I guess and post again if I feel like I get it. Until then we'll just hae to wait for an ST (i'd love to play mummy 2e too).

Comment

Well I now that Axelgear is getting ready to run a game and I am hoping a PbP game that I can join. He has a thread that says players stay out and so I haven't looked at it just in case he runs it here or somewhere else that I could join.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that thread is for a game Axelgear is running in person.

Not a commitment from me, just a suggestion: would y'all want to play a Mage game in the To The Strongest setting from Dark Eras? If I ran something, it would be an episodic traveling game where each Chapter centers on a particular weird thing/mystery/monster in the ancient world. This would definitely be a low-stress game that doesn't require a ton of long posts from me or you. If I ran it, I would minimize the amount of background reading you need to do, and present the historical setting in a very player-facing way that emphasizes the stuff that's relevant to you. More like adventuring in an exotic fantasy setting than reading a history lecture.

Any interest in that?

2E Legacy Updates
            Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
            Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
            Storm Keepers

Comment

I actually have a character made specifically for that Era Caladriu

Comment

Oh, nice! What's their deal?

2E Legacy Updates
                Storm Keepers

Comment

The base concept was to be someone to balance Death and Matter, then have as many story hooks with CoD Kemet as possible (I'm talking Influence (Cult of Phoenix), Contacts (Khaibit) level of hooks). Familiar and Sleeper life ate up all of his Merits, though.

Now he's just a junior scribe who became a Scribe (that is, Jnanashakti) and is being bamboozled by his Familiar into thinking she's an emissary of Anubis (she's just a wolf spirit) to goad him into Resonant behavior (fun fact: she agrees with the Libertine stereotype on Mystagogues, he'll probably take grave robbing as cultural Hybris, no way that'd go wrong /s).

Edit: do you allow specialities and/or Professional Training to apply to Rote mudras?
                  Last edited by Tambov; 02-05-2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint; I assembled the group a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Caladriu View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that thread is for a game Axelgear is running in person.

Not a commitment from me, just a suggestion: would y'all want to play a Mage game in the To The Strongest setting from Dark Eras? If I ran something, it would be an episodic traveling game where each Chapter centers on a particular weird thing/mystery/monster in the ancient world. This would definitely be a low-stress game that doesn't require a ton of long posts from me or you. If I ran it, I would minimize the amount of background reading you need to do, and present the historical setting in a very player-facing way that emphasizes the stuff that's relevant to you. More like adventuring in an exotic fantasy setting than reading a history lecture.

Any interest in that?

I would be willing I have no Idea what the o The Strongest setting from Dark Eras is but if you let me know what book I would need I can buy that book. I do not have the Dark Era books but was planing on buying them anyway.

Originally posted by Axelgear View Post
                      I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint; I assembled the group a while ago.
                      Bummer if you need a replacement or decide to add another seat please keep me in mind. I would love to play in a game.

Comment

Basically Mages from different corners of Alexander the Macedonian's empire meet up in each other's lands, investigate local mysteries and notice similarities between Greek, Egyptian, Persian and Indian Awakened traditions. In particular they notice similar schools of thought that will later become the Diamond Orders.
                        http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...ness-Dark-Eras

Comment

Tambov That seems cool, I like the familiar especially. I'd love to use the sha from Sothis Ascends or something like them in this setting, so that's something to keep in mind. I'm down with crossover but be aware that (if I run it) this would be a location-hopping game where knowing the Khaibit is more useful in some areas than others, and you're not gonna be in Kemet all the time. The region that I know the most about in this period is India, FYI. Then again, the whole point of the Era is cultural exchange and cross-contamination across regions.

Professional Training and Specialties only apply to mundane skills in my games. That's what rote specialties are for, ya goof! I've been running Mage 2E for a while and I think I have a good idea now of how exactly spellcasting is designed to interact with dice math; it works best when bonuses only come from very specifically defined sources.

Hardwire99 So in the book Dark Eras, one of the settings is called To The Strongest. It's set right after Alexander the Great dies in 323 BCE. The main hook for the setting is that the Orders and some other ideas from the modern setting haven't formed yet, and mages from these different traditions in Greece, Egypt, Persia and India are only just now meeting and exchanging ideas about magic. Culture clash, worlds collide, fighting monsters and uncovering lost wisdom in the ancient world, that kinda stuff. If I ran it, I'd be keeping 90% of the historical stuff on my side of the DM screen and providing you guys with what you need to know as more of an adventure fantasy D&D type thing. If you wanted to get a book, get Dark Eras, but I'd wait until we know whether the game is happening and a good fit before you buy anything. Again, I'd just tell you guys the stuff you need to know.

2E Legacy Updates
                          Storm Keepers

Comment

I have budgeted $100.00 every 2 weeks to books and I haven't spent that yet the period so I was looking at what I wanted to buy and that was at the top of the list

So there is no orders yet and the paths are the same correct?

A concept off the top of my head would be a wandering Egyptian (Obrimos or Acanthus) mage tracking a terrible beast that ransacked a small village just outside of Cairo.

When I get/read the book I will probably have a better idea of what I want to do.

Comment

Caladriu That sounds really cool.Will definitely have to look into the Dark Eras book then.

And count me in if you decide to run the game

Comment

Working...
                              X