Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Looking to Join/Run PBP Game

Hi!
    My name's Mitsu and I love RPGs. I've always wanted to play WoD games but just never had the chance. Now, with the PDFs available for really decent prices and the magic of play-by-post games to work with my busy schedule, I figure I've got a perfect chance.

I'd love to join in on a new PBP game (I'm hesitant to jump in on an existing one since I figure it's going to be hard enough for a newbie like me to pick things up anyway so learning the whole background of a running game would just add to that) or possibly run one.

I know STs are harder to find than players so I don't mind playing that role as long as my players understand that I'm a total newbie and will probably mangle the lore in my ignorance.

The game I've run the most is Golden Sky Stories so I'm used to games that are more about emotions than conflict. Also I guess I'm used to my stories being cute? Side effect of the system, I guess. Don't worry, I also love horror so I'm sure I can come up with a good mix of adorable creepy.

I haven't played any WoD system so I'm interested in trying pretty much anything, though my priorities are:
    Very Interested:
    Changeling
    Werewolf

Interested:
    Everything not in the other two lists

I'd have to be talked into it:
    Mage
    Vampire
    Beast
    Exalted

Old? New? 2e? Whatever! I just would like to stick with core books if possible.

So yeah I'll play your PBP! Though I figure as soon as I wrote 'I'll ST' I sealed my fate. As long as folks are cool with a newb ST (though not new to running RPGs) and can agree on a system I'm very much down to run a game right here.

Let me know!

I'd be happy to play CtL or WtF! Preferably 2e for the latter, and for the former... "as 2e as possible" is what I'd call it, i.e. using the CofD 2e base and maybe the "any kith, any seeming" deal. I'm fine with 1e Courts as well.

I'm rabid to play some Changle, and 2e Woof got me interested to Woof.

Abyssals: Whom Death Has Called, a PEACH-as-heck attempt to make an Abyssal 3E holdover.

Where I try to make Artifacts. When I finish them I'll probably post them in the Artifact Workshop thread so people can help me hammer them into shape.

Comment

Well, and here I was planning to run a 2ed-ish Changeling myself. MatabiMitsu,if you'd rather be a player than a ST, then consider yourself invited. Beans and everyone else (I think I can accomodate up to 5 people) is welcome too, of course. I find that modern settings are easier to handle, but if the demand for Dark Eras is high I could work with that.

Anyway, any serious recruitment and team-building talk won't start until Monday 19th, but if you're fine with that I think we could work together.

Comment

Yes! 110% interested! Modern sounds great and Monday will give me time to actually buy and read the books.

Comment

I was gifted... nearly all the 1e Changle pdfs, so I can share stuff from the supplements and/or tell you what's where (though the White Wolf Wiki can do that) if you don't want to buy everything right away.

Abyssals: Whom Death Has Called, a PEACH-as-heck attempt to make an Abyssal 3E holdover.

Where I try to make Artifacts. When I finish them I'll probably post them in the Artifact Workshop thread so people can help me hammer them into shape.

Comment

Actually there just happens to be a Bundle of Holding sale of the whole set for scary cheap right now so I was just going to grab that and the 2e core book. Thanks for the offer though!

Comment

I have never played 2e or 1e for that matter, never played the old world changeling so I wouldn't even know where to start.

Comment

If you have the 1e corebook (or at least the Quickstart rules) and are willing to give it a try, you're most welcome in the future game. A general read of the first chapter with the Lexicon is enough for a start, and any more specific lore details can be explained on the fly.
                Last edited by Woland; 03-14-2017, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Are you likely to use the 1e Courts, or do you prefer the idea of 2e-esque making up our own Courts?

Comment

Originally posted by Woland View Post
                    If you have the 1e corebook (or at least the Quickstart rules) and are willing to give it a try, you're most welcome in the future game. A general read of the first chapter with the Lexicon is enough for a start, and any more specific lore details can be explained on the fly.

I have the 1e books just never played. But I will look for a future game.

Comment

Having glanced through a lot of 1e and 2e stuff today I really want to play a 2e Darkling. I think I even have a cool character concept brewing.

Comment

I'd like to play changling.

Comment

I have an idea for a Beast Fireheart "hellhound", and if we go with Seasonal Courts, Autumn.

Comment

I was thinking Autumn too!

Comment

I have looked for Changeling the Los 2e on RPG DriveThru and i don't find it.

Comment

Working...
                              X