No announcement yet.

Newbie Looking to Join/Run PBP Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beans - nope, Seasonal Courts are still a thing, at least in Europe (where the game will take place)

Hardwire99 - Changeling 2ed has not been released yet,although some materials have been published on Onyx Path's website. Mechanics-wise we will use the CofD rules + 1ed Changeling unless the latter was amended.

Comment

It is not yet released, sadly.
      However, a good deal of 2e Changeling material is already out there thanks to the Open Development, like the new Seeming/Kith system. That, and the 2e Chronicles of Darkness core, should be enough to allow us to cobble together a decently 2e-ish game.

Edit: What Woland said.

Also, yay! I honestly am pretty fond of the Seasonal Courts.

Abyssals: Whom Death Has Called, a PEACH-as-heck attempt to make an Abyssal 3E holdover.

Where I try to make Artifacts. When I finish them I'll probably post them in the Artifact Workshop thread so people can help me hammer them into shape.

Comment

Well I decided since this will be my first character I wanted to avoid fixating on any single idea and ignoring other possibilities. So I used Random.org to roll 6 sets of 1-84 (kith) & 1-6 (seeming), to give me a good random spread of concepts. That way I can look at all kinds of different angles and ideas. I'm going to come up with a simple character set-up for each of the combinations, and I might even go so far as to stat them all out just for practice. Then when the game rolls around I can figure out which of them I'd like to use.

Oddly, I'm pretty sure fate wants me to play a Darkling since 3 of the 6 combinations I rolled came up Darkling. The 6 were: Soldier Darkling (with the 2e Darkling focus on loyalty this seems straightforward)
        Waterborn Darkling (okay, I can work with this)
        Render Fairest (huh, interesting)
        Smith Darkling (I'm afraid to ask what they forged...)
        Blightbent Elemental (ooo nuclear sludge elemental)
        Chatelaine Elemental (I'm thinking an elemental of dusty stone or maybe ice)

These all seem fun. I'm going to fiddle with them over the weekend and get used to character making. I'm really loving how free 2e is with pairing up seemings and kiths, I think it really opens things up.

Comment

It's great and really allows for fun things. For my Fireheart Beast hellhound lady, I'm thinking she had a background in law and an amateur interest in folklore, making her both a savvy creature of Court politics and an avid scholar of fear.

Abyssals: Whom Death Has Called, a PEACH-as-heck attempt to make an Abyssal 3E holdover.

Where I try to make Artifacts. When I finish them I'll probably post them in the Artifact Workshop thread so people can help me hammer them into shape.

Comment

The recruitment/OOC thread will be up tomorrow or on Saturday (early evening, CET time). Just saying, for anyone still undecided if (s)he wants to play some Changeling.

Comment

I don't know how to delete a post, and I didn't see the second page, so, whoops. Don't mind me, I'm invisible.
              Last edited by RomulusGloriosus; 03-17-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/g...t-lies-beneath
                In case people missed it.

Comment

I am looking for players in my game: Hogwarts by Night: A Magical World of Darkness
                  It's at http://www.hogwartsbynight.com

Tiffany Sanderson
                  HBN = HP + OWOD +CoC = http://www.hogwartsbynight,com

Comment

can I still join in for Changeling? I have a character that I've wanted to play/finish up forever

Not to mention I've only ever played one game and that one got cut short

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Working...
                    X