Looking for players and a GM (or Co-GM) for a Demon: The Descent Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for players and a GM (or Co-GM) for a Demon: The Descent Game

Hello, I am Ember- rper, writer and procrastinator extraordinaire. Over the last few weeks I have been struck with a sudden pining for a proper, story driven, Demon: The Descent game, and thus -seeing as I have been unable to find one elsewhere- here I am, imploring the masses.
    Anyone who is interested (be it as a player or prospective GM) is welcome to post here. Should none be inclined to take the position of GM, I would -as stated in the title- be willing alternate the role between myself and one or two others. Once such is defined, we can utilize whatever platform said GM(s) is/are most comfortable with, be it discord, skype or Roll20 to organize further and begin the process of actually creating a story.

And… that is about it. I welcome any questions and/or comments. I hope everyone is having a good, God-Machine-less day.

Discord here:
    https://discord.gg/QWpgfnk
    Last edited by Ember16; 04-08-2017, 03:40 PM.

I've never actually gotten to play Demon but am quite interested to give it a go!

Abyssals: Whom Death Has Called, a PEACH-as-heck attempt to make an Abyssal 3E holdover.

Where I try to make Artifacts. When I finish them I'll probably post them in the Artifact Workshop thread so people can help me hammer them into shape.

Comment

Glad to have piqued your interest.
      We will probably need one or two others before we can start to develop much character-wise, but for now I am working on writing up the setting (at least that which will be used should I end up co-DMing the game) of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

PS also if you are interested in possibly helping me Co-DM, feel free to say so, though there is no pressure.

Comment

Demon the Decent 1e or 2e (if there is a 2e)?

Comment

Not quite up for DMing, sorry. And Demon is 2e exclusively, actually.

Abyssals: Whom Death Has Called, a PEACH-as-heck attempt to make an Abyssal 3E holdover.

Where I try to make Artifacts. When I finish them I'll probably post them in the Artifact Workshop thread so people can help me hammer them into shape.

Comment

It is no problem, Beans . And yes, Hardwire, 2e. Demon: The Descent.

Comment

Never played Demon: The Fallen, Demon the Decent 1e or 2e, is that OK

Comment

Demon: The Fallen is a different game from Demon: The Descent, but otherwise yes, it is alright if you have never played the game before.

Comment

Ok I will buy and ready the rules and let you know if it is something that I think I can play.

Comment

Of course, and I am always open for questions, should you have any. I will be posting a bit more info on the setting soon, in the meanwhile, we are still looking for players or/and Co-Gms. If anyone is interested, feel free to post here.

Comment

Do you have ant creation guidelines yet?

Comment

Ok Purchased these books do I need anything else?

Demon the Decent Revised.
                        Flowers of Hell The Demon Players Guide.
                        Splintered City Seattle.

Comment

All you *need* is Demon: The Descent Core, but the Flowers of Hell is nice as a companion. Nothing else is required, so you are good.

As for restrictions or guidelines, no, I do not have any specifically (beyond what is in the rule-book) that I can think of off the top of my head; though if you are looking into doing something outside of the norm you can msg me and we can work it out from there.

Comment

Pittsburgh, the city of four hundred bridges, has for generations been a bastion of compacted industry and unadulterated ingenuity. It was here, in this “arsenal of democracy,” that the steel bones and claws of a nation were forged. It was here, that the pounding blood of immigrants flowed. It was here, that the dream of a human spirit was pressed into a perfectly-honed edge.

Those were the golden years of this coal-choked citadel.

As the steel mills fell silent and the gaze of a nation turned inward, so did the once bustling city sputter out. The air and rivers were cleaned, the roads were swept of their muck, but the few left to enjoy such things were faced with a community that had lost its purpose. True, over the decades the Burgh’ has become known for its advances in robotics, tourism and modest size, however it has always played second fiddle- never to reclaim its lost glory.

Now those abandoned steel mills have begun to hum with a ticking life once more. Long sleeping machinery has awoken; things that shouldn't exist chitter in the dark; and somewhere far below the modern streets, a furnace of metal and flesh burns bright. The God Machine has always held dominion over this City of Steel, however now even the lowliest Unchained can feel its presence.

In East End, frat boys and cheerleaders dance among monsters of a hundred skins. In Downtown, a man who is not quite a husband caresses the cheek of a woman who is not quite his wife. In North Side, a child with cold eyes cocks a Browning shotgun and levels it at a woman crying at his feet.

Agencies and their ilk wage a boot-leg, shadow war to control the soul-trade. A million hapless bodies stand between them, all shivering with the same frenzied, ethereal subroutine. A meaning, encoded somewhere between dread and the sensation of fingernails drawn over a chalkboard, echoes through all, whether they admit it or not:

There is something coming to Pittsburgh.

Perhaps it is already here.

---

Good evening all. I just wanted to put up this quick introductory prompt to the game while I continue working on the setting/ npcs. I will be posting up info on the characters' starting situation (so all of you will have a bit more understanding of what you are in for) latter this week. Once again, we are most definitely still open (and hoping to find) more players as well as one (or hopefully two) co-dms. If you have any questions -including wanting specification on what co-dming would entail- please do not hesitate to post here or contact me via pm.
                            Last edited by Ember16; 04-06-2017, 09:24 PM.

Comment

I am having difficulty understanding the Cypher concept. I get 4 embers but I only pick one and the ST picks the other 4 correct. Or do I pick all 4 of my embers and my first key in the Cypher and the ST secretly picks the embers that will fill in on the other 3 keys, That I must then obtain new Embers to unlock the Cypher?
                              Last edited by Hardwire99; 04-07-2017, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X