No announcement yet.

Looking for players and a GM (or Co-GM) for a Demon: The Descent Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completely understandable, hopefully I can help.

At character creation *you* choose 4 embeds/ exploits, only one of which has to be of the same category as your angel before it became Unchained. You then select one of those said embeds to represent the first “key” in your Cypher (which, ideally, should have something to do with your character’s fall).

The rest of the Cypher is filled out in-game by the GM as you test Keys.
    Last edited by Ember16; 04-07-2017, 07:56 AM.

Comment

But i test keys by obtaining new Embers (with experience) and when I find one then it goes in the correct spot, Correct. Do I need to find the keys in order key 2 before key 3, etc...

Do I choose the Cypher or does the ST choose the Cypher, Do I know what the Cypher is before completing the Cypher?

Comment

Yes, that is correct. As for order, that is explained more in the book on page 156-157.

One of the Co-Dms will choose your Cipher -though we will ask you a few questions about your character to do so- so no, you will likely not know it.

Comment

Is there still openings in this game? I'd love to give Demon another shot at play if so. And heck, I might even be able to co-gm as stated. I'm not 100% sure on the latter though.

Comment

Of course, we will likely not even be creating characters until next week, so you are welcome to join, Pixel. On the Gm front, I would welcome and very-much appreciate your help, though it is entirely your choice. If you want more information on what co-dming entails feel free to msg me.
            Last edited by Ember16; 04-08-2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

I have put up a discord chat for the game here: https://discord.gg/QWpgfnk, feel free to jump in, whether you want to say hello, ask questions or are interested in the game/ co-dming. I will continue to post updates on this forum, of course.
              Last edited by Ember16; 04-08-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

I tried to go there but it said that the private invite has expired

Comment

Oh, my apologies. Try again, I forgot to set the invite to be perpetual.

Comment

How long has it been since you felt the God Machine’s emotionless whisperings? Days? Weeks? Months? Time passes in a crawl in the world of strings and flesh, the only change coming with the rise and fall of the burning sun each day and the pensive moon at night.
                    Perhaps you cannot sleep. Perhaps you lay awake in your bed, staring out the window as your pulse pounds and you recall your escape from your omnipotent captor. Perhaps you shift and fall into a dream, as normal as your mundane life, yet every actor, every movement, it feels wrong… fake.
                    Pittsburgh is not New York- it is a city that sleeps. But the things that go bump in the night? They do not.
                    You can feel your quasi-imagined servos whirling. Every branch that brushes up against your apartment window is the wired feeler of some occult monstrosity. Every door slammed in the hallway, the clank of armored metal against human-leather skin. You know it is not real, you know it is just in your mind. Yet what happens when it isn't? When the grinding gears try to pull you back?
                    Perhaps you try not to think about that.
                    Your Ring, really just a hodgepodge collection of a few other Demons sharing the same apartment complex -if you are really so generous to label the three story rat-nest “Sunset Terrace” as such- is the closest thing to family you likely have. Which, considering you probably wouldn't trust half of them to look after a potted plant, should maybe tell you something about your priorities.
                    Regardless, you are stuck with them, and vise verse.
                    Welcome to your bold new life.
                    Do try your best not to fuck it up.

Comment

Still looking for players?

Comment

Hello, Oshaegda, yes, we are still looking for players. Please feel free to pm me (on discord or the Onyx Path Forums) any questions you might have.

Comment

I've been running demon the decent for some time and would love to get a chance to play in it.

Comment

Working...
                          X