No announcement yet.

Looking for a Mage skype game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never used MythicGM so I don't know how well it works. It does seem like a last resort though. What do y'all say to waiting for at least a week to see if we can find a storyteller? If we can't find one then we could meet on Friday the 21st and try MythicGM. Does that sound good to everyone?

Comment

We have already done one game with the Mystic GM and it does leave alot to desire. It is ok and it can throw alot of twist in there. I can see where it would be a good ST tool. It went well enough that I will be back for the next one and so I guess that is saying something. I am a very structured player and ST and this does lack structure. But as I said it went ok.

Comment

Hmm, it does seem like MythicGM could possibly work, though it is obviously a lot less desirable than a full ST. As to meeting times, I'd like to clarify that I would not be available until after 10:00 p.m. on Fridays, though around 6 on Saturdays. Given I work 3rd shift right now I could stay up long after that, but I doubt most people want to start that late.
        Last edited by Falcon777; 04-13-2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

For the MythicGM thing, the more stuff you create to be input into it in terms of NPCs and possible plot threads the better it will function. It also requires the people using it to be willing to jump in and interpret its results. I can promise that eventually, it will hit everything you want it to because that's it's function, and with full player participation it will do it in ways that should satisfy the participants. A good ST is a person with a compelling vision, but on the other hand a group of people willing to brainstorm an idea is a viable development method for a reason. You're essentially crowd sourcing your story that -you- want instead of putting the whole burden on one person.

Comment

As I am UST Saturday would work better for me... 10pm there is 3am here, and while I can stay awake until 6am without a problem, it would be more enjoyable for me if it would start at 6pm (that's 11pm here) and Saturday means I no longer have my head clogged with teacher stuff xD

Comment

Can we state the times in GMT as that is universal to all, As i am -7 GMT and East Coast is -4 GMT I have no idea what UST is.

Comment

UST is GMT if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Sorry, that was supposed to be UCT or Universal Coordinated Time, phone corrected to UST for some reason.

Comment

Ok I know what UCT is I was confused with UST, That is why GMT is bets as an indicator. UCT being the same thing would also work.

Comment

My Other game starts at 5pm EDT(9pm UCT) every other Saturday. So for me to make it, our game has to be either, later that night, or start around noon(4pm UTC) or earlier on Saturdays, or once every two weeks when I don't have a game.@Falcon777 How early can you wake up on Saturdays?

Comment

I can get up as early as 3 pm est (11 gmt?) on saturdays, possibly 2, though that'd be pushing it
                        I'd also need at least 30 minutes from then just to wake up.

I would be ok with meeting every two weeks, though, if everyone else is ok with it.

As to mythicgm, I think the largest deficiency it might have for mage 2e is aiding us in creating mysteries. It seems like it could do villians decently, but mysteries are almost by definition opposite of what it seems it can do. We'll have to figure that one out somehow, perhaps have a rotating roster of who is creating the mystery of the day.

Also, welcome Hardwire99!

Comment

Easter is only GMT -4 so 3 pm eastern is 7pm GMT and noon pacific.

I would have to agree with the mysteries part of this. The real strength of MysticGM is to take the decision making process to a chaotic level. For instance one of the players asked if his mentor was a (Arrow, Guardian, FC, Ladder, Mysterium) and all the answers was no for each one he asked about but was a yes for Seer. So his mentor is a hidden Seer. I think that is great and that kind of Chaos in the mix can really shake things up. I asked if the person that helped him get off the streets as a child was a mage and it said yes. I did not expect this and my backstory didn't account for this but it is now there.

Comment

BTW I am close to finishing the setting for a game of Mage the will be located in Phoenix Arizona (Where I live) I have been an ST for many years, although it has been for oWoD, This will be my first CofD game as the ST. I have several options at my disposal to use as the ST. The one that I would probably use would be to run it on Discord (If I can figure out all of the stuff needed, like how to keep some stuff secrete and everything). The second option is a VTT (Virtual Tabletop, for those unfamiliar with what VTT means) My preferred VTT is Fantasy Grounds. I have the full package and can host games. When I am ready I will discuss it with the players as to their prefers method of playing in a game.

What this boils down to is if we can come up with a good time for everyone then I may be starting a game soon. I am in the MST time zone (Always -7 GMT, no daylight saving time shift) at the moment I am -3 EDT (Equal to PDT) I work from 0400 - 1330 (1100 - 2030 GMT) Monday through Friday, with every other Friday off, so most evenings and all Saturdays are free. I have a Face-to-Face group every other Sunday so I would prefer no Sundays but if Sunday is the only time then it would be the opposite Sunday from my Face-to-Face game.

Comment

Oh, wow! An offer for a St. That's great!

As to the program we use to communicate, so long as it is real time and fairly well known I'm good with it. It'd be best if we could at least get audio from everyone.

As to my availability, I work Sunday night through Thursday night from 7:00 p.m est (or 11:00 pm gmt?) to 4 a.m. est (or 8 gmt?). My housemates and I hold house meetings every other Friday after I get back from my small group at church, so those Fridays would be a no go. Anyways, I wouldn't be able to start until about 10:00 p.m. est (2.00 a.m. gmt?) on Fridays where there wasn't a house meeting. Saturdays, however, I should be available from 4 pm est (8pm gmt?) to late into the night and early morning (so long as I wasn't visiting my family).

Comment

The offer for ST is provided that I can get everything set up.

Comment

Working...
                                X