Looking for a Mage skype game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

Remind me of the day again? I probably can't either way though, but thank you for the offer!
    Saturdays 20:00 UCT was what was last discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by HTaiji View Post
      Well, here's my character. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...zltalBFMDRaeVk

Hardwire99 hmmm... well, I have the Resources 2 so, that won't be a problem, but forking off Res 2 might be a problem down the road... how about here?
      https://www.google.pt/maps/place/299...737899!6m1!1e1
      It would be a place kinda like Dresden Files (TV Series, not the books) with store front one side, living quarters the other, with an extra concealed (and warded) room for the Sanctum.

That place is available to be bought and then it would be a mortgage of resources 1, and Phoenix is offering Tax Credits for the renovation of South Phoenix areas of Downtown.

Comment

It would probably be 1600 EDT every other Saturday. It is still several weeks before i would be ready to start. And it looks like it will be on Discord.

Comment

How does this look?
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9d...ew?usp=sharing
          I cleaned up a bit of the wording and added a fourth attainment

Comment

Originally posted by Hardwire99 View Post
            It would probably be 1600 EDT every other Saturday. It is still several weeks before i would be ready to start. And it looks like it will be on Discord.
            Might work then. I'll have a hard think.

Comment

Originally posted by Fictional Dynasty View Post
              How does this look?
              2nd attainment is a lot clearer, and 4th attainment looks like it works.

2nd attainment doesn't need the bit about it being a day, Advanced Duration will bump up as your Arcana increases, and attainments not being part of spell control means by Mastery you could have a lot of year long instances of self-induced teamwork running simultaneously for specific extended mental tasks.

Comment

Wow, this thing is definitely progressing!

I took a close look at the other three character sheets and found a few things that seemed slightly off. A couple of them are more my opinion, but hopefully what I have to say about them is still helpful.
                1. It seems Ignis has spent 19 xp, not 20. I count 6 merit dots above starting (6xp), 1 arcana dot above starting (4xp), 1 gnosis above starting (5xp since merits weren't traded for gnosis), and 2 skill dots above starting (4xp).
                2. Doctor Luck should have a second obsession
                3. (opinion) Doctor Luck's obsession with mastering all the arcana seems a bit too general. It's an incredibly encompassing goal, especially when you consider the fact that even third degree masters are extremely rare. Something more reasonable would be mastering his path arcana.
                4. (opinion) Fandisto's goal of bedding as many supernatural creatures as possible is definitely stretching the limit of the definition of "encountering certain strangeness in the world." (quoted portion from page 83 of the core rule book). It honestly reads more like an aspiration to me. An actual supernatural phenomenon related to sexual encounters with supernatural creatures would make a little bit more sense.
                5. (opinion) It sounds like Fandisto might be more attracted to the Adamantine Arrow than the Mysterium, just based on his concept and his aspirations. This isn't to say he should be in that order, but rather that it could be possible internal conflict for him (aka, drama and a plot thread for the game!).
                6. Doctor Luck and Fandisto should have one and two more praxes respectively.
                7. Doctor Luck has a merit that says Order Adamantine Arrow. If that is supposed to be status Adamantine arrow, you might want to fix that. If that is meant to represent that he is actually a part of the arrow, you'll want to state that it is status as well as change his order up in the order box. Otherwise you'll need to change the merit to status Mysterium.

My reasoning for 3 and 4 is based in my belief that obsessions should relate to supernatural phenomena. In other words I believe that they often should be advanced by solving and understanding certain Mysteries (how much solving any particular Mystery helps is between the player and the gm). Mastering all the arcana is so incredibly broad that solving any Mystery would advance it. Bedding as many supernatural creatures as one can, on the other hand, has (at least in my mind) very, very little to do with directly experiencing the Mysteries.

I'm basically done with the structure of my character, gotta still work some on the fluff. Still trying to work through how to use that interactive pdf, though.
                Last edited by Falcon777; 04-15-2017, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Rechecked my character sheet, last point was spent on an extra Rote (Telekinesis) :P also, have some goodies for you all, since insomnia is a real problem and it's 7:30 on this side of the Atlantic. Got ST clearance for a sweet spot downtown, East Madison Street, just 15min walking distance from Fandisto's college. Spent the insomniac hours furnishing the loft.
                  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...mtkTURTeFJFVDQ

As for Mastering all Arcana, it's not so much an obsession as it's a lofty goal. Sure, it's the obsession to understand all, but focus it a bit. Start by understanding the few before attempting the many. Which Arcana call to you? Why? What parts of it do you wanna Master? Bedding every supernatural creature is a bit too focused, but works in the sense of "let me see how different creatures experience sex, and how that will color my experience" the pursuit of understanding their psyche through pleasure.

Comment

Ah, I missed the rote. Sorry about that. Btw, does anyone know what program I need in order to use the interactive pdf character sheets? I can download them fine, but they act as read only documents.

Comment

Do you have a yellow bar across the top of the sheet with allow editing or something similar. All it should take is Adobe Reader.

Comment

My two extra Praxis were subsumed into legacy atainments as per the rules on page 199. Hence the two arcane beats. That might be cheatering though, to do that pregame. Hardwire99 is that cheatering?

P.S. I made a fifth attainment if y'all want to check it out.
                        Last edited by Fictional Dynasty; 04-15-2017, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Here is a link to my updated character sheet. I still have to figure and rearrange praxis.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...llCeG4yRm5fT3c

Comment

How does this look?

Give me a write up on the La Pravecistoj stating the purpose, goals, and theories of the legacy, How do you see them and their intended purpose. I know that you created them and that you are the only one that is in the Legacy but you still created them to fill some role in the awakened community or some role in your life. What was the driving force behind the Legacy. I have not delved to deeply into the Legacy yet but there are a few comments of things that leaped out to me as I skimmed it. One you get the write-up to me then I can better judge the Legacy.

Prerequisites of the Legacy: This is a Mental Legacy why the Prerequisite of Athletics. To me the Athletics doesn't fit in the list.

Identity Deceivers: At the moment there is no issue with the first level Attainment or the Optional Attainment But once again I have only done a cursory look and will take second look after I receive the write-up.

Flow of Truth: It cannot be used at the same time as you are casting a spell as it is currently written. As stated on page 213 under Actions, "an instant action takes up your turn", activating an Attainment is an instant action and casting a spell would be a second instant action. For a +2 reach the Attainment can be turned into a reflexive action. I also do not like the fact that it would give you a permanent 9-Again on all spell rolls. So that would be a no on it being a second level optional attainment for Prime, I would entertain the Idea of allowing it as the 4th level attainment. Also Optional Attainments should build off or be related to the primary attainment of that level or a lesser level. I am still mulling over the Teamwork aspect of the Attainment, on one hand you would have a permanent bonus to the Skills listed as a prerequisite, Not a fan of that, on the other hand it is only a small list of skills. If you change it to a set +1 at mind 3 and below and a +2 at mind 4 and above then i would feel better about the Attainment (As long as you remove the Athletics from the prerequisite list, no skill on the list that isn't mental or social)

Moment of Truth: I do not find any mind spell that grants the informed condition, not saying that there can't be. Conditions is more of a Fate thing, not their purview just has a Fate Feel, however I can see it fitting here for this so no issue at the moment, as long as it is for non-spellcasting rolls. Just as with the Fate Spell Exceptional Luck it is a +2 reach to have the informed condition affect a spellcasting roll. I will give more thought on the issue. Not sure I understand the 3rd Attainment Optional Prime ability, how is Prime helping you bypass Withstand of a Spell? I realize that you are resolving the Informed condition to get an Exceptional Success* on the roll and using the bonus from the Exceptional Success to bypass withstand. But what is Prime needed for to make this happen?

Speak the Hearts Truth: At the moment the only issue is with the Optional Attainment, Attainment can stack with spells but not other Attainments. The Transient Stacking, page 199, mentions "Transient stacking can only be performed on spells lingering within the mage’s own Gnosis", by definition Attainments are not spells. However you can have the attainment open 4 doors. It would not reduce the duration as explained in your write-up, as it is no longer stacking.

*BTW Since there is no roll with an Attainments they can not have Exceptional Successes, I realize that this is affecting a spell that you are casting and not the attainment itself so this doesn't apply but just thought I would throw that out there.

Comment

My two extra Praxis were subsumed into legacy atainments as per the rules on page 199. Hence the two arcane beats. That might be cheatering though, to do that pregame. Hardwire99 is that cheatering?

P.S. I made a fifth attainment if y'all want to check it out.
                              No please don't do that. Spend the experience to gain those Attainments.

Comment

Give me a write up on the La Pravecistoj stating the purpose, goals, and theories of the legacy, How do you see them and their intended purpose. I know that you created them and that you are the only one that is in the Legacy but you still created them to fill some role in the awakened community or some role in your life. What was the driving force behind the Legacy. I have not delved to deeply into the Legacy yet but there are a few comments of things that leaped out to me as I skimmed it. One you get the write-up to me then I can better judge the Legacy.
                                I will get on this asap
                                Prerequisites of the Legacy: This is a Mental Legacy why the Prerequisite of Athletics. To me the Athletics doesn't fit in the list.
                                I figured there should be at least one physical skill and that fit best. I can change it if you really want but I personally like it.

Identity Deceivers: At the moment there is no issue with the first level Attainment or the Optional Attainment But once again I have only done a cursory look and will take second look after I receive the write-up.

Flow of Truth: It cannot be used at the same time as you are casting a spell as it is currently written. As stated on page 213 under Actions, "an instant action takes up your turn", activating an Attainment is an instant action and casting a spell would be a second instant action. For a +2 reach the Attainment can be turned into a reflexive action. I also do not like the fact that it would give you a permanent 9-Again on all spell rolls. So that would be a no on it being a second level optional attainment for Prime, I would entertain the Idea of allowing it as the 4th level attainment. Also Optional Attainments should build off or be related to the primary attainment of that level or a lesser level. I am still mulling over the Teamwork aspect of the Attainment, on one hand you would have a permanent bonus to the Skills listed as a prerequisite, Not a fan of that, on the other hand it is only a small list of skills. If you change it to a set +1 at mind 3 and below and a +2 at mind 4 and above then i would feel better about the Attainment (As long as you remove the Athletics from the prerequisite list, no skill on the list that isn't mental or social)
                                People seem to be missing the fact that it can only affect spells that are cast in one turn using exactly one yantra. And only yantra that can be enchanted so "the noonday sun" and even mudras are not allowed. That seems like a big enough disadvantage to justify combined casting. If it isn't, I can change it as you say.

Moment of Truth: I do not find any mind spell that grants the informed condition, not saying that there can't be. Conditions is more of a Fate thing, not their purview just has a Fate Feel, however I can see it fitting here for this so no issue at the moment, as long as it is for non-spellcasting rolls. Just as with the Fate Spell Exceptional Luck it is a +2 reach to have the informed condition affect a spellcasting roll. I will give more thought on the issue. Not sure I understand the 3rd Attainment Optional Prime ability, how is Prime helping you bypass Withstand of a Spell? I realize that you are resolving the Informed condition to get an Exceptional Success* on the roll and using the bonus from the Exceptional Success to bypass withstand. But what is Prime needed for to make this happen?
                                Prime is used to alter and empower other magic. It seems like a bit of an edge case but legacy attainments are supposed to be a little weird, aren't they?

Speak the Hearts Truth: At the moment the only issue is with the Optional Attainment, Attainment can stack with spells but not other Attainments. The Transient Stacking, page 199, mentions "Transient stacking can only be performed on spells lingering within the mage’s own Gnosis", by definition Attainments are not spells. However you can have the attainment open 4 doors. It would not reduce the duration as explained in your write-up, as it is no longer stacking.
                                Cool. I will change it.

*BTW Since there is no roll with an Attainments they can not have Exceptional Successes, I realize that this is affecting a spell that you are casting and not the attainment itself so this doesn't apply but just thought I would throw that out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X