Looking for a Mage skype game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fictional Dynasty View Post
    I figured there should be at least one physical skill and that fit best. I can change it if you really want but I personally like it.
    Yes please remove it, Physical does not belong in a mental Legacy.

People seem to be missing the fact that it can only affect spells that are cast in one turn using exactly one yantra. And only yantra that can be enchanted so "the noonday sun" and even mudras are not allowed. That seems like a big enough disadvantage to justify combined casting. If it isn't, I can change it as you say.
    Not missing the limitations that are put on the attainment I am saying that I do not like you having a permanent 9-Again roll on any spell that has a physical Yantra. I will have to say that as long as that is in there the legacy is not approved.

Prime is used to alter and empower other magic. It seems like a bit of an edge case but legacy attainments are supposed to be a little weird, aren't they?
    But it is not needed to resolve the condition, it is a wasted slot, keep it if you wish but it has not benefit. It cannot be the catalyst that allows the Informed condition to affect a spell, if that is what you were thinking.

I am sorry if my stance on this seems a little hard nosed but I have to think of the game balance, and weed out things that I feel will cause a great deal of heartache in the Chronicle, and I feel that some of this is unbalanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardwire99 View Post
      I am sorry if my stance on this seems a little hard nosed but I have to think of the game balance, and weed out things that I feel will cause a great deal of heartache in the Chronicle, and I feel that some of this is unbalanced.
      Do not worry about it my friend! I totally understand.

Fixed Char sheet so I'm no longer cheating:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9d...ew?usp=sharing
      And updated Legacy w/ the changes you requested + a new optional for Moment of Truth. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll change it again:
      Edit: I also wrote a bit about their philosophy
      Last edited by Fictional Dynasty; 04-15-2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Once again, my updated character sheet. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...WpReWZicUttbWM I changed skills around and added a praxis. Comments welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by wtaylorjr2001 View Post
          Once again, my updated character sheet. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...WpReWZicUttbWM I changed skills around and added a praxis. Comments welcome.
          I love your character concept but you need to work on your aspirations and obsessions. Both your aspirations seem more like obsessions to me. You should have 3 aspirations (two short term, one long) and with gnosis four you get two obsessions. That being said, I like the whole knife-throwing fortuneteller thing.

Comment

Thank you Fictional Dynasty . I rearranged and added aspirations and obsessions. My new character sheet is:
            https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...jdUanFhbkpGTDQ

Comment

I am redoing my aspirations. They conflict with someone else's

Comment

Originally posted by wtaylorjr2001 View Post
                I am redoing my aspirations. They conflict with someone else's
                Who's do they conflict with?

Also I'm writing my backstory and I'm wondering if Doctor Luck might have seen the threads of our destiny intertwining and brought us together for that reason?

Comment

Yours, we both are writers who seek to awaken sleepers, me with books and you with mass media.

I think my magic could cause us to meet. I am looking for my sister who vanished a week or so ago. I would use my spells to meet people who could help me to find her. Any strong mage has that ability. Out of character I am thinking vampires got her and are holding her until they are ready to feed on her. I am not a strong combat character. We meet and I tell you a little of my back story. At first I wonder if you had taken her, who knows with fate. There must be something up because my scrying abilities don't work on her. A vampire with obfuscate perhaps, or a mage with prime or fate or time. If we could team up it would be great.

Comment

Maybe we can blend aspects of our backgrounds and see what we can create.

Comment

• Hello All,
                      There will be little to no crossover with the other Games so if you have written into your backgrounds, obsession, aspirations, or anywhere please remove them. If there is a crossover you will be approaching it as a mystery and not as something that you know. So the aspiration to have sex with other supernatural creatures goes, you can keep it be do not expect that you will have the opportunity to resolve that aspiration and gain Beats for doing so. As far as the Mage society goes other supernatural creatures do exist but they are way to elusive for occasional or even a rare meeting. Sorry if this causes an issue but I do not know enough about the other supernaturals to run them accurately. They may be an enemy at some point when I learn enough.

The option is that I put the game on hold until I can learn more about them.

Comment

• Updated character on a bigger sheet:

First Draft of my backstory please ignore any bad spelling or grammar:

Comment

• Fictional Dynasty you forgot one of your specialties.

Comment

• Still working through my character's concept. At first I was thinking of a mage artist, then an occult and crime private eye. However, the sheer utility of Death magic for the latter concept has me moving away from it (I'm not against Death magic per se, but I don't want my character to be focused on that).

So now I'm considering a character that's actually removed from normal society. I'm still with my family atm, so it'll be a little bit before I can download adobe reader to fill in a sheet like everyone else's (I've been using the character creator offered in one of the mage threads).

Comment

• Falcon777 Would you consider perhaps a Thyrsus Shaman? They do Spirit and Life. They could also hang out in the woods and stuff. What kind of concept do you want to play? I want a fortunetelling writer. We could use a Thyrsus Healer.

Comment

• Originally posted by HTaiji View Post
                                Fictional Dynasty you forgot one of your specialties.
                                Thank you. Fixed it.

Originally posted by Falcon777 View Post
                                Still working through my character's concept. At first I was thinking of a mage artist, then an occult and crime private eye. However, the sheer utility of Death magic for the latter concept has me moving away from it (I'm not against Death magic per se, but I don't want my character to be focused on that).

So now I'm considering a character that's actually removed from normal society. I'm still with my family atm, so it'll be a little bit before I can download adobe reader to fill in a sheet like everyone else's (I've been using the character creator offered in one of the mage threads).
                                That's fine. I understand it's going to be a wile until Hardwire has a game for us anyway. I'm just doing this because I find myself with some time this weekend and I'm feeling inspired.

Comment

Working...
                                X