Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HTaiji
    • May 2016

Two of us will be Mysterium at least, me and Falcon777, but I see no reason to have either or. I think it would be interesting having a full Mysterium cabal, and like wise a mixed cabal would also be fun, so choose whichever makes more sense for your char, I guess :P

Comment

• Falcon777
      • Sep 2015

The safe space/sanctum bit is a great idea. That being said, I will probably flavor the safe space dot as a spell my character has cast.

My character will be in the Mysterium, others are welcome to choose what they want.

Comment

• wtaylorjr2001
        • Sep 2015

I vote Mysterium. My favorite spells are Shifting the Odds, Perfect Timing, and and Ground Eater. He is a very lucky man, moving and acting at the perfect time and very good at running for his life.

Comment

• Hardwire99
          • Dec 2016

BTW just so that you don't go hog wild with the 20 exp, I like balanced characters, no starting out as a master or with a Gnosis of more than four. I also know that alot of people like to use fate because that don't spend alot of points on merits and they can overload a skill and shift the points when needed. You will find I allow that but there are alot of ways that will hamper that practice, so be forewarned that it is still a good idea to spend hard points on merits and spread your skill points around.

Comment

• HTaiji
            • May 2016

Falcon777 a "Ward" spell cast on the Sanctum/Safe Place is a perfect way of doing that. I might flavor mine as a "Wards and Signs" on top of that and the Sanctum will be pretty safe. :P
            wtaylorjr2001 my offer still stands, my fellow Awakened.
            Hardwire99 do you have any prerequisites I must fulfill before my char can have his occult store?

As for the Cabal, would you guys want a more central place, or outskirty? Sorry if I'm being annoying, but I get really giddy when building houses and I like to have a mapped out representation of my character's hangouts :P so, drawing up his shop is kinda a must for me, and the cabal place too.

Comment

• wtaylorjr2001
              • Sep 2015

You credit me with knowing what I am doing too much. I was going to save the experience. Now I am thinking about Fate 4. I don't see how to get to a Master. I do like playing a lucky character. How do you overload a skill? I am putting most of my points, 11 in social skills. Probably 3 at 3 and 1 at 2. I like to create situations that are in my favor, though in truth I am a noob. I just think Fate is really cool.

HTaiji I am in
              Last edited by wtaylorjr2001; 04-14-2017, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• Hardwire99
                • Dec 2016

I am not accusing anyone of anything, all I am saying is that I have seen players take 20 points and put Gnosis up to 5, Fate up to 5, 0 Merits and one skill in each category up to 5. Serendipity to change skill points around, Shifting the Odds to gain Merits to burn, drop the spell and then cast it again to gain different merits to use up and ditch. Now the game supports that kind of thing so it is allowed but just to say there are alot of ways around that and I know most of them.

Overloading skills is putting one skill up to 5 in each category and the shifting the points around with Serendipity.

Like I said Gnosis and Arcanum is limited to max of 4.
                Last edited by Hardwire99; 04-14-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Fictional Dynasty
                  • Nov 2013

HTaiji I don't know Phoenix but my character would place a high value on being near Arizona State University. So probably a downtown sanctum would be best for me.

Comment

• wtaylorjr2001
                    • Sep 2015

My Gnosis will be 3 and my Fate will be 4 if I can get it. I am not liking the supercharge one stat and all. I did not get the trick with Serendipity before, now I respect the spell more. To get to 3 in Gnosis I need to use all my merit points. To get to 4 in Fate, I need all the 20 exp. Unless I am missing something, which I probably am, I don't even see a way to get 4 in Gnosis and 4 in Fate. Maybe I can get some advice from you in building this character.

I want a fortuneteller writer. One of his social skills will be writing. He spends money as soon as he gets it. He uses magic to keep afloat. His merits are transient. The more I think about Fate 4 the more I want it. But I need Gnosis 3 and that requires sacrificing all of my merit points.

Last edited by wtaylorjr2001; 04-14-2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Fictional Dynasty
                      • Nov 2013

wtaylorjr2001 I think X per dot, in this system, means you pay X to raise a trait by one, not X times the number of dots, like in some other WW games.
                      P.S. someone correct me if I'm wrong

Hardwire99 How do you feel about legacies? I ask because I like the idea of my character founding their own legacy. I've been working on a homebrew but I'm new to the system and might not be able to tell if something is over powered (or under powered). I'm not even finished the first draft yet so if you say no to the whole idea that's fine. It's just a thought.
                      Last edited by Fictional Dynasty; 04-14-2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Hardwire99
                        • Dec 2016

wtaylorjr2001 Acanthus starts with Time and Fate as Ruling. You start with 6 dots in Arcanum. Putting 3 in fate and 3 in time you would need to spend 4 experience to take fate to 4, and additional to take it to 5. That would be 8 points for a 5 Fate. Gnosis starts at 1 10 merit dots to take it to 3, 5 experience to take it to 4 and an additional 5 to take it to 5 gnosis. that is 10 points. So for 18 points you can have a 5 Gnosis and 5 Fate with 2 experience left over.

If you start with a 3 in fate (3 of your starting 6) and spend 4 experience you will have a 4 Fate.if you spend 10 of the Experience point you can have a 3 Gnosis. That is without spending any of the starting merits on Gnosis. You would still have 6 points left over.

Fictional Dynasty Legacies are fine and if you are starting your own the you need to develop the legacy. I can help with the legacy if you tell me about it.

To all. There are alot of conversions of the Legacies in the Mage section, if you are using one from there link to it and I will check it out to see if it is one that I agree with. If you need on converted just say which one and I will look for one or help you convert it.

Comment

• HTaiji
                          • May 2016

wtaylorjr2001 you can now buy the 4th dot of Fate for 4xp and you still have 16xp leftover for Merits. (Hardwire gave us 20xp each) If I may give you an advice, get a few dots of Dream. Would you be willing to give 2xp for 1 dot each of Safe Place and Sanctum?

Comment

• Hardwire99
                            • Dec 2016

ASU is in downtown Tempe, part of the Metro Phoenix area but it is it's own city. If that is where you want to be based that is fine.

Comment

• Hardwire99
                              • Dec 2016

If you want to see the type of characters that I build here is one of them.

Comment

• Fictional Dynasty
                                • Nov 2013

I was thinking my character would attend the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism. Google sayeth that it's smack in the middle of Phoenix. Unless I'm missing something?

Comment

Working...