[LFP] [CofD] Innocents through Darkness Play-by-Post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LFP] [CofD] Innocents through Darkness Play-by-Post

I'm still wanting this Chronicle to happen, so I'm reviving this thread. I'm not sure what the forum policy is on making an identical post separately, but whatevs.

I'm looking to find three or four players to play Chronicles of Darkness in the pbp forum throughout the work week. What I'm interested in is shared storytelling the characters lives as kids, and then their transition into adulthood. If we want our characters to become supernatural, or take the path of a hunter in adulthood, then we can work with that, too.

Write back if this is up your alley!
    Last edited by Doggo; 05-31-2017, 12:36 PM. Reason: Edit: Trying to necro...this post, the two interested players stopped responding.

Sounds interesting! How long would the playing as children be? And what ages would people be starting at? Also is there a particular time period that players will be children in (80s, 90s)?
    Last edited by aviatorofscience; 05-15-2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I'm interested! I've never played before, but I'm a fast learner. How many posts a day/week will we be expected to do?

Comment

So I'm still fairly new to the PbP format, and I'm going to throw a number out there. I would be looking for a minimum of five posts throughout the day. I hope that sounds fair. If there's more, that's also fine

Aviator, we can discuss that here if you'd like. I have a module prepped to start us out. Ages would be 12 - 14 for our first sessions.

Time period, 2000s.

Comment

I'm not 100% positive I'd be able to handle 5 posts a day regularly. I suppose it depends on how long the posts end up being. I'm more used to requirements falling between 1 post a day to a few posts a week for the minimum. But I'd be willing to give it a go.

Comment

Ha, I was around that age in that time period! Easier to draw inspiration from.

I'd definitely be interested in playing, and I have a few ideas I've got kicking around for characters if any interested parties wanted to do a group character creation thing - there would be less setup if we're all friends/siblings/otherwise related or know each other in some way.
            Last edited by aviatorofscience; 05-16-2017, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Good morning, folks!

No worries about the post requirement. Like I said, I don't know the standard, but I am fine with having an asynchronous game going

I like Aviator's idea of having a group character creation. I would like both of your characters to at least by friends or cousins, if not siblings. Also, if you would, please fill out the breaking points sheet for chronicles of darkness, and remember to answer the questions from the perspective of a child, since that's what you'll be
              For the setting, you'll be attending a suburban school in a town that's not notable for much other than it's new age newspaper and radio. There's a natural woodland bordering the town, and a single highway that leads past it. We're somewhere in northwestern America.

Comment

Sounds good to me! I'm thinking of playing a 12 or 13-year old girl. I'd be cool with them being siblings, Aviator. Maybe even twins?

Comment

Being twin siblings would be fun! What kind of character are you thinking of playing? I'm thinking of playing young teen boy - kind of a "delinquent with a heart of gold" kid

Comment

Awesome. Twins it is then! I'm thinking maybe the daydreamer type with the overactive imagination. The sort who likes to make up wild adventures and stories as she's gallivanting about the woods, but isn't so good with interacting with people outside of her family.

Comment

These are both good descriptions. Feel free to put together your character sheets if you're ready. If you're not sure about Merit choices, ask me and I'll tell you if they're ok.

Comment

Since we're starting out as kids, are there different starting dot allocations? Or should we just use the standard rules?

Comment

For kids, skill dots don't go above four (?). I would recommend popping into a pdf of the Innocents book, if you can.

Comment

I'll see if I can grab one. Is that a Chronicles of Darkness book?

Comment

It was produce when CofD was still nWoD.

Comment

Working...
                              X