VtM ST Seeking Evil Cohorts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VtM ST Seeking Evil Cohorts

Hi. I'm currently running a Vampire: The Masquerade game through Skype called the Borderlands Chronicle. I'm expanding the game to include other canon settings and online platforms for deeper immersion for everyone, mostlyt via optional Twitter* and I'm in need of a competent** assistant GM(s) or those interested in playing characters connected to Canon npcs in a Skype game to get this more interactive version of the game going. I'm using the basic skeleton of the metaplot, though I've replaced or repurposed a few things to keep any contemporary WoD events uncertain in regards to their canonical backstory or explanation.

Contact me through Private Message if interested in acting as an aST. Pm or post below if you're interested in playing as a PC in one of three cities: Chicago, New York or Baltimore.

*I'm using the V20 "Fangbook app" for neonate and Anarch characters who would want it.

**willing to accept and treat my version of things as canonical when in doubt
    Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 08-13-2017, 10:59 AM.

(They/Them/Their) https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/borderland

Bump. Edited for accuracy.

Comment

What would acting as a PC involve? Are you looking for someone to join the Skype games, do an IC twitter account, PM you actions?

2E Legacy Updates
      Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
      Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
      Storm Keepers

Comment

Originally posted by Caladriu View Post
        What would acting as a PC involve? Are you looking for someone to join the Skype games, do an IC twitter account, PM you actions?
        PC's would be joining the Skype game, with the option of having an IC Twitter account for communication between PC's outside of game sessions. Some actions can be made through Twitter, hypothetically, like coordinating a plot online, but the Twitter part is mostly for more casual IC social interaction.

Comment

I'd join if I had Skype. But my computer does not have a microphone or webcam installed.

Good luck on your game, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Camilla View Post
            I'd join if I had Skype. But my computer does not have a microphone or webcam installed.

Good luck on your game, though.
            Thank you! You don't need a microphone or webcam to play, though. Most sessions are done through real-time text chat. I do have solo sessions that come with the option of audio and video, if the player desires and it's not inconvenient, but group sessions and the majority of the game is text based.
            Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 08-13-2017, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Hey.

I might be interested in playing as a PC in Baltimore.

What are your expectations regarding meet-up times? And based on your OP, I assume you're doing V20?

Comment

Originally posted by Gentle_Rain View Post
                Hey.

I might be interested in playing as a PC in Baltimore.

What are your expectations regarding meet-up times? And based on your OP, I assume you're doing V20?
                The plan is for two group sessions a month, along with a solo session for each character set between the events of the group sessions. Generally, Baltimore sessions will run between 3 and 5 hours. I'm generally in the habit of starting games between 2pm-4pm EST, but I'm not averse to later games at all. I'll be running Baltimore personally, so if you'd like further information on that setting, let me know. I should be posting up a thread for that setting in particular soon.

My Co-ST will be running the Chicago setting, which should be recruiting within the next week or two, for those interested.

As to the ruleset, V20 is the backbone of the game. However, some material from Dark Ages 20th is being used for fluff and some flexibility in Discipline choices.
                Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 08-14-2017, 12:23 AM.

Comment

This sounds great and really well organized on your part, which is always appreciated for this kind of thing. I'm really interested.

Are the 2pm-4pm time slots on the weekend, or during the week? I'd prefer the former, and would have to think hard about committing to the latter.

I can start re-reading the V20 Rulebook in preparation.

Just for a little bit of background about myself as a prospective player, I've been interested in the White Wolf line of games and Vampire:The Masquerade in particular since roughly around middle school, but never really had the opportunity to play due to issues concerning location, work, school, etc. I've read through some of the core rulebooks, played Redemption and Bloodlines, and am familiar with the sects, clans, and Disciplines associated with the game. In other words, I've got a solid grasp of the basic setting associated with the game. I'd also say I've got a good handle on the character creation process.

My knowledge might be a bit lacking when it comes to carrying out the mechanics associated with the game during the course of real-time play, but I'm sure I could learn from other players in order to pick them up fairly quickly.

Best of luck, and I hope I get the chance to join in on your game.

Comment

This sounds great and really well organized on your part, which is always appreciated for this kind of thing. I'm really interested.

Are the 2pm-4pm time slots on the weekend, or during the week? I'd prefer the former, and would have to think hard about committing to the latter.

I can start re-reading the V20 Rulebook in preparation.

Just for a little bit of background about myself as a prospective player, I've been interested in the White Wolf line of games and Vampire:The Masquerade in particular since roughly around middle school, but never really had the opportunity to play due to issues concerning location, work, school, etc. I've read through some of the core rulebooks, played Redemption and Bloodlines, and am familiar with the sects, clans, and Disciplines associated with the game. In other words, I've got a solid grasp of the basic setting associated with the game. I'd also say I've got a good handle on the character creation process.

My knowledge might be a bit lacking when it comes to carrying out the mechanics associated with the game during the course of real-time play, but I'm sure I could learn from other players in order to pick them up fairly quickly.

Best of luck, and I hope I get the chance to join in on your game.
                    Thanks! I'm glad you're interested, and I can assure you that your experience level is more than enough to get into the game without missing a step. I'm still readying materials for Baltimore, but the game is polished enough for me to tell you that it's an updated version of the classic Anarchs vs Camarilla type of game, with all the Clans traditionally associated with those Sects open to players.

My ideal days to run this would be Fridays or Saturdays, which I hope fits with your weekend scheduling preference. My other games are usually played on weekdays, leaving my schedule open on Friday, Saturday and sometimes Sunday.
                    Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 08-15-2017, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Sent you PM

I wish to be part of this. For moment here thought it was going to be Sabbat/ Anarch but Cammy is just as good.

If its V20, am experienced in it but rusty due to lack of playing.

I hope to hear from you soon about more details

Comment

Originally posted by negZero View Post
                        Sent you PM

I wish to be part of this. For moment here thought it was going to be Sabbat/ Anarch but Cammy is just as good.

If its V20, am experienced in it but rusty due to lack of playing.

I hope to hear from you soon about more details
                        You were interested in the Chicago setting, right? I'm only overseeing that game, and my Co-ST has yet to begin recruiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post

You were interested in the Chicago setting, right? I'm only overseeing that game, and my Co-ST has yet to begin recruiting for it.
                          I prefer the Chicago one but am still up for the Baltimore one

Comment

Is anything scheduled for this Saturday?

Should I be making a character or something similar?

Comment

Is anything scheduled for this Saturday?

Should I be making a character or something similar?
                              There's nothing scheduled for the game at this point. Unfortunately, I'm going to postpone any player recruitment for the game temporarily, as I'm currently dealing with a back injury that occurred earlier this week. The game isn't cancelled and recruitment threads will still be posted once I'm well enough to get things back on the rails.

My apologies! If you're still interested, stay tuned for further updates. This is just a setback.

Comment

Working...
                              X