CofD highschool game looking for players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Knowbody View Post
    I was considering a reformed bully Acanthus with the shadow name Mjolnir, but now I'm worried it's a little too close to the already suggested Achilles...

I'll get to work on an alternate/backup splat concept. Probably a changeling, though I don't have the 2E rules.
    Sorry. I'd be happy doing an Obrimos instead, if that would help. Or even a Beast.

EDIT: Obrimos might actually be better, because then I can use a spear for a Dedicated Magical Tool. All it would require is a little shuffling of dots.
    Last edited by ajf115; 01-24-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Alright, so I expressed interest the last time this came up, and I'll express interest again.

Not sure what I'd want to play. I have a few thoughts:
      • A vampire that's been stuck as a sophomore for the past several years, and masks his anxiety over his inability to grow up by sarcastically mocking other people's anxieties.
      • A werewolf whose Change made him a Cahalith, despite being incredibly introverted and uncomfortable around others. (The Change can be a pretty good puberty metaphor, come to think of it.)
      • A Changeling who escaped Arcadia, back to the abusive parents he tried to escape. He hates them, but his Keeper is petrified of adults, so they provide some measure of protection.

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by malonkey1 View Post
        Alright, so I expressed interest the last time this came up, and I'll express interest again.

Not sure what I'd want to play. I have a few thoughts:
        • A vampire that's been stuck as a sophomore for the past several years, and masks his anxiety over his inability to grow up by sarcastically mocking other people's anxieties.
        • A werewolf whose Change made him a Cahalith, despite being incredibly introverted and uncomfortable around others. (The Change can be a pretty good puberty metaphor, come to think of it.)
        • A Changeling who escaped Arcadia, back to the abusive parents he tried to escape. He hates them, but his Keeper is petrified of adults, so they provide some measure of protection.
        ​The werewolf and the vamp both sound good, though I have to wonder how the vamp stays active during the day.
        Last edited by The young man in the cafe; 01-24-2018, 03:10 PM.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Current Ideas that might work

1. Network Zero Hunter: younger, spends most of their free time of the internet. discovered the frequency when they were younger, but at that point they still thought it was an elaborate hoax or series ALA Lonelygirl15. That thought is sort of starting to waver though and right now they are fairly unsure of what to think. At least one parent always being blurry in all the pictures during the late night teacher meet certainly didn’t help.
          2. Revenant: 15/16-year-old who had a severe heart problem who just lost his parents to an unfortunate vampire, and became a revenant in the aftermath. Waking up shaking and finding a nearby group of revenants after a particularly nasty night, some adoption papers later he was a member of the revenant group, going to school next school year and consistently losing it the whole way through.
          3. Offspring: Mom’s been gone for 6 years, but at least she told him what the fucking hell was going on and tell them how to handle their personal craziness. Dad’s nice at least and understands, but laying so low in school and trying to both pass and not accidently explaining special relativity in front of the class or breaking physics for a small advantage during a basic physics lesson is difficult, especially given how crazy things can get.
          4. Hunter (Depends): Mom and Dad are both part of this craziness and how absurd it gets, and figuring out what kids to talk to and which ones to avoid is difficult enough without worrying which ones can kill him on a bad day, or would kill his parents given the chance or honestly so many things and that’s on top of just passing and trying to make friends. Worrying about the teachers only makes matters worse.
          (I also considered some of the Hurt Locker ones but none of those are really what I want)
          Last edited by SdeSpencer; 01-24-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

I'm interested, but I never did play-by post and have no idea if me living in central Europe would complicate things. I really don't know how that works, it's a little shameful bit of ignorance for me.

If I manage to sort that out and there's still room, though, I can play different things. Werewolf, demon, beast, hunter, promethean or mage are all viable options for me.

Not a problem to adapt to the needs of the game.
            Last edited by Cinder; 01-24-2018, 03:56 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Originally posted by Cinder View Post
              I'm interested, but I never did play-by post and have no idea if me living in central Europe would complicate things. I really don't know how that works, i'ts a little shameful bit of ignorance for me.

If I manage to sort that out and there's still room, though, I can play different things. Werewolf, demon, beast, hunter, promethean or mage are all viable options for me.

Not a problem to adapt to the needs of the game.
              ​We got a mage and a demon, and Malonkey is considering werewolf, and since you are the master of Beast stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by The young man in the cafe View Post

​We got a mage and a demon, and Malonkey is considering werewolf, and since you are the master of Beast stuff...
                Hehe, the fact people are starting to call me that almost makes me feel proud. And a little embarassed, but I can handle it

Alright, I'll think about a couple of concepts. If someone else want to go Beast, though, I've got some Promethean and Hunter ideas that I think would work in the setting, so don't feel restrained by me

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

I'm feeling all of mine, and it should be noted my final one is actually like 20 different ideas, but all different hunter groups so it can be wrapped up into one statement.
                  Also I could play a slasher because i actually love doing that, but i'm getting that is sort of the antisis of what you are going for with this theme. also maybe hits to close to home with actual teen murderer who revels in it.

Comment

Originally posted by SdeSpencer View Post
                    I'm feeling all of mine, and it should be noted my final one is actually like 20 different ideas, but all different hunter groups so it can be wrapped up into one statement.
                    Also I could play a slasher because i actually love doing that, but i'm getting that is sort of the antisis of what you are going for with this theme. also maybe hits to close to home with actual teen murderer who revels in it.
                    I kinda like the revenant and the netzo hunter myself. And yeah... no slasher

Comment

Originally posted by The young man in the cafe View Post

I kinda like the revenant and the netzo hunter myself. And yeah... no slasher
                      That's cool. the Revenant idea is probably my least favourite, so I'm pretty much 100% going to go hunter. might go with the other hunter, but definitely Hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
                        Sorry. I'd be happy doing an Obrimos instead, if that would help. Or even a Beast.

EDIT: Obrimos might actually be better, because then I can use a spear for a Dedicated Magical Tool. All it would require is a little shuffling of dots.
                        Might suggest a javelin as being slightly less conspicuous in a school setting, assuming we're supposed to keep our supernatural-ness under wraps. (Though I'm hardly one to talk; my guy's tool is an Artifact war-hammer disguised as a pendant! )

Alright, guess I'll run my mage up the flagpole and see who salutes:

Mjolnir (Sleeper name TBD) is in many ways the opposite of what your average mage might expect from someone of his Path. He's a bit dim, clumsy and tactless where the stereotypical Acanthus is quick, clever and subtle. The kid might make a decent bruiser character in a standard WoD chronicle, but as a mage he's at something of a starting disadvantage. Strong and athletic, but never really skilled or well-liked enough to be picked for sports teams, certainly not enough for anyone to pull strings when his grades slip. Even the symbolism isn't quite right (hammers traditionally being tools of the Moros)!

He Awakened after a night of misadventure when his supposed friends ditched him to escape the police and he realized that the people he'd trusted were just using him. A vision of fleeing through dark and increasingly narrow back alleys overgrown with barbed-wire ended when he turned and, blindly grabbing the first thing he could reach, took a defiant swing at his pursuers... unwittingly decking one of the arresting officers. He's out of juvie now and, dimly aware that something is different about him, trying to turn his life around.

(Naming yourself after a tool/weapon of the gods is probably not the best starting decision to make in a Gnostic setting when attempting to shake old habits of trusting the wrong people... but hey, the thing followed him back from Arcadia, and it was the first thing to come up when he Googled "magic hammer.")

As implied, I'm planning to spend some of his starting merit dots on an Artifact, if this meets with everyone's approval. Character concept would be "blunt instrument of Fate" on his sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowbody View Post
                          Might suggest a javelin as being slightly less conspicuous in a school setting, assuming we're supposed to keep our supernatural-ness under wraps. (Though I'm hardly one to talk; my guy's tool is an Artifact war-hammer disguised as a pendant! )
                          I didn't mean a full spear. The idea was that his Tool was a bronze spearhead which he found during his Mystery Play, which he (coincidentally) uses as a pendant. Great minds, I suppose. When he's got the time and privacy he binds the Tool to the end of a stave. It works on its own, but he prefers it as a proper spear. It's more feeling than actual effectiveness, but... well.

The mage sounds cool, though. Are you going to take any points in Hallow? What do you think of sharing dots in Hallow, but not actually being aware of the other? I don't know if Mjolnir will be aware enough of Magely stuff to do that kind of thing. My character has a Mentor (1-dot, a Mage of a Nameless Order who found him and basically gave him the cliffnotes version of Magery, along with contact details 'just in case') so he knows the basic-basics.
                          Last edited by ajf115; 01-24-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I didn't mean a full spear. The idea was that his Tool was a bronze spearhead which he found during his Mystery Play, which he (coincidentally) uses as a pendant. Great minds, I suppose. When he's got the time and privacy he binds the Tool to the end of a stave. It works on its own, but he prefers it as a proper spear. It's more feeling than actual effectiveness, but... well.

The mage sounds cool, though. Are you going to take any points in Hallow? What do you think of sharing dots in Hallow, but not actually being aware of the other? I don't know if Mjolnir will be aware enough of Magely stuff to do that kind of thing. My character has a Mentor (1-dot, a Mage of a Nameless Order who found him and basically gave him the cliffnotes version of Magery, along with contact details 'just in case') so he knows the basic-basics.
                            That is a good question knowbody, how does your mage know mage stuff?

Comment

If your still looking for more players I think I can play if its in discord and depending on the time. For characters I got some I've been wanting to play as.

1) A young Stricken Sin Eater who died due to the flu. Due to his death he has become semi apathetic while his Geist is always compelling him to be more active in life.
                              2) I have a Anakim or Namtaru Tyrant beast who's main course of feeding is joining the clubs such as boxing feasting on people dread at facing him.
                              3) Right now I have just a concept of a Promethean though the only thing I can think of is that hes a Tammuz.

Comment

Ahh gotcha.

I'd be down to share dots in a Hallow merit. Somewhere on campus? I honestly haven't decided on whether he has a Mentor or not yet; figured most of his understanding so far is a mix of trial-and-error with whatever online or book research he's been able to manage, since we're saving the Orders for later. Maybe a guidance counselor or something...?

Comment

Working...
                                X