Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checking for interest about a Promethean short game set in 14th century Florence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cinder View Post
    Got some things to deal with and I probably won't around for a few days, but it's time to check who's in.

Nicolas Milioni , Second Chances , Arcanist and Caladriu , you're still up for some Promethean?
    You betcha!

Comment

I'm always game form Prommie! I will likely be MIA for the next couple days too and I do have a Scion deadline coming up in the next couple weeks, but I'll make time somehow to finish my character sheet.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
        I'm always game form Prommie! I will likely be MIA for the next couple days too and I do have a Scion deadline coming up in the next couple weeks, but I'll make time somehow to finish my character sheet.
        Take your time, things are not gonna start for a little while. Just setting the stage for the moment I'm done with my exams and a couple more things, which is close. But I'm glad you people are still around.
        Last edited by Cinder; 07-24-2018, 06:37 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Cinder Hell yes! I'll throw together a formal character sheet.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

Still here, still in!

2E Legacy Updates
            Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
            Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
            Storm Keepers

Comment

Here’s the people of the framing device, everyone. They’re not gonna play a direct role in a standard sense, but a bit of their influence will be there both in fluff and crunch. Like the teens of the Decameron, they’re a group of young people that fled to a country villa to escape the Plague. No need to memorize them, yours are the real main characters after all, but they’ll have their role as in-setting narrators of our Chronicle. Also, spoilerish stuff that's not that hard to guess, so I won't say more for now.

Agnese - The most friendly and sociable of the group. Comes from a rich family of merchants.

Caterina - Does not judge others and encourages them to follow their desires, no matter the potential risks and regrets. She’s in contact with people of dubious reputation.

Demetrio - The oldest of the bunch. Documents all the actions of the group and tries to live according to the doctrines of ancient philosophers like Socrates and Thales.

Ermete - Inquisitive and filled with questions. They work as apprentice in the workshop of a famous artist and scholar.

Ferruccio - Strong, reliable and heavily built. He wants to become part of the Florentine militia.

Fiammetta/Ignazio - The youngest of the bunch. Full of life, hyperactive and a little reckless. Keeps zir hair short; sometimes goes by the feminine name of Fiammetta and others by the masculine of Ignazio

Lucia - Devout and gentle, tries to be a sister to all those of group. Is thinking of taking the vows and become a nun.

Medea - Very protective of her friends, passionate but ill-tempered and unforgiving. Some say her family hides a terrible secret.

Rodino - Kind and caring, always tries his best to make sure the others are safe and happy. The owner of the villa.

Selene - A bit unpredictable and distant, loves fables and myths. Her family dates back to the Roman Republic.

Uberto - Silent and reserved, speaks only when asked but is surprisingly wise. Loves to go hunting and roam the countryside and enjoys the company of animals.

There’s another one who does not belong to the group but lives in the country as well:

Il Lupo - A menacing figure that stalks the countryside. Some say he’s a criminal, other an actual monster. He hates the group for reasons unknown.
              Last edited by Cinder; 07-28-2018, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Still throwing together a character sheet, but I'm still in!

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

Originally posted by Arcanist View Post
                  Still throwing together a character sheet, but I'm still in!
                  Don't worry, still a few days before I post the OOC thread and we start talking for real about the campaign. It's high on my priority list, but I gotta finish a couple of things first.

I posted the list of characters above just to give some actual evidence that I'm working on this

Comment

Day 3, Story 8 has some Promethean material in it. Also, golly, there sure are a lot of stories in the Decameron about men tricking or coercing women into sex!

2E Legacy Updates
                    Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                    Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                    Storm Keepers

Comment

Originally posted by Caladriu View Post
                      Day 3, Story 8 has some Promethean material in it. Also, golly, there sure are a lot of stories in the Decameron about men tricking or coercing women into sex!
                      Thought the same about that story. And, about the rest, you're absolutely right. It's pretty much a recurring theme, with some rather raunchy tales here and there.

Comment

Got a chronicle name, "The Fire that moves the Stars", and I'm currently compiling some house rules and odd mechanics.

When I'm done, I'll write the description of the campaign in a OOC thread. Getting closer people: I had to write a couple of important things, but we're almost there

Comment

Woohoo! I'm excited! Character sheet is shaping up, I'm just debating over how to distribute Skills and Merits. Also pondering how much characterization to lift from "The Golem and the Jinni" which is probably one of my favourite Promethean inspiration stories.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

Working...
                          X