Opening of a Scion:Hero Discord game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening of a Scion:Hero Discord game

“The Clock stops, the Bell rings, echoing off into silence. Darkness consumes the World, all in the span of a single breath. In a city that never sleeps, the city of supposedly brotherly love. Time has broken down, and something is crawling in, waiting to feast”

In the city of Philadelphia, something strange has been occurring at the dead of night. For every once in couple days, at a certain hour, the city would turn completely dark, the lights suddenly gone while all human life seemingly disappeared. To the denizens of the World that find themselves trapped in this forsaken hour, they find themselves losing focus, experiencing the dark city as a slow silent dream, unable to distinguish anything other then the constant ring of a distant bell. After some time, the world reverts back, and the common citizens are generally unaware of the strange event that the night has brought, other then to a weird feeling of missing vitality and unexplainable drowsiness.

To the Gods dwelling in their Overealms, they find themselves seeing the omens of a more drastic catastrophe, A forgotten Titan is in the midst of breaching back into the World, causing the whole city to become a dreadful Terra Incognita. Even more foreboding, they have found that their Fatebindings to the city is in danger of being erased completely. From Incarnations disappearing in the coming of morning, the faithful abandoning their temples and synagogues, and the city slowly becoming shrouded from the sights of the Gods, as it becomes something that is not the World. The very touch of the Divine is being cut from the city, and to that the Gods have become fearful. In desperation they send their agents to the city to awaken the children of their missing incarnations, empower great mortals to their service, and create heroes from steel and clay in hopes of stopping this impending danger. In this tense time, a Heroic priest has arrived into the city, driven to investigate the cause of this strange invasion and to find and protect these nascent Scions from becoming lost to the darkness, no matter the cost. In the shadows, a Titanic Cult gathers, calling to arms to monsters and Titanspawn, preaching that the Time of Darkness has come, and sets about on making that dream a reality. In the midst of all this, a bell toils, calling the World into the night.

Hello everyone, this is the premise of a Scion game i’m in the midst of setting up and creating. This would be the first time of me GM for Scion, and that as an ST i’m very much inexperienced so i hope you can forgive me for any errors that occur on my part. The plan is to run the game on discord as a text game, with you the players forming a very hastily created band brought together by the desperation of your patrons to quell the ominus danger to the city. My intent is to run Hero game, though i’m open to running a few sessions in Origin as you become aware of something wrong is happening and doing independent preludes for Visitations. I am open to homebrew from the discord, like the Pantheons posted by Mors and Watcher, if you find something else you want to add in, let me know to see if can go past me. As i’ve said i’m pretty much new to this, as i’ve only played a few Origin games so unsure on some stuff to keep track of in Hero, mostly Fatebindings, so any advice would be grateful. I don’t how long this game will run but i’m hope it will be enjoyable. I follow EST hours and am free for games on the weekends, so if anyone is interested let me know to see whether or not i can get this game started.
    Also yes this heavily draws on P3, sue me

Hey I am would love to play in a Scion game, never had the opportunity but have wanted to for some time. I am however unfamiliar with the mechanics but eager to learn, if given the chance to play.

Comment

An interesting premise. PM me a link to the Discord server you're using?

Comment

Originally posted by gfrobbin84 View Post
        Hey I am would love to play in a Scion game, never had the opportunity but have wanted to for some time. I am however unfamiliar with the mechanics but eager to learn, if given the chance to play.
        Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        An interesting premise. PM me a link to the Discord server you're using?
        Thanks for the interes, right now though I think I have a satisfying roster(5 players) so I dont think theres room enough for me to handle. That said I will keep you guys posted since some has expressed concerns that they may be unable to continue for a long time and may drop out, if so I'll let you guys know.

Comment

I am interested, would you please send me the discord link to this game if there is an opening?

Comment

Working...
          X