Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dietaku
    replied
    You're wlecome, Exthalion, As per the Errata, that's fine to use Vance's fixes. His fixes are likely to be much better than mine, and in my experience, Infernals take a little bit of strategizing one's purchases to really get going, so any little extra bit helps.

As per the cult, I assume that the cult goes off the inherent cult all GSPs get, so you need worry over one group of worshipful lackeys.

@WonderandAwe:
    That's not necessarily a bad thing. You'll have a different perspective than others. I read the profile you sent me, and it looks fine, except for one thing: Which excellency did you purchase? I don't think it specified. Apart from that, it looked good.

Leave a comment:

• wonderandawe
    replied
    Cool. I only took enough combat charms for someone who participated in back room dealings on the Blessed Isle. My character is totally going to be a fish out of water in this Northern Wilderness.

Leave a comment:

• Exthalion
    replied
    Originally posted by Dietaku View Post
    Your Infernal WIP looks fine, Exthalion.
    Much obliged.

I do have two mechanical questions if you don't mind.

First, is this set of charms/errata from Vance acceptable to use?

Second, if I am building a personal cult do I use the 1 free dot of cult as a base or do I have to get a second cult background?

Leave a comment:

• Dietaku
    replied
    Originally posted by Magnusar View Post

Hmm... this is a though situation I really want to play one but I don't want to screw the game so you are the final judge but the character is mostly ready so if I can play it I would like to.
    Send me what you got in a PM, and I'll see what I can do.

Leave a comment:

• Dietaku
    replied
    A combat focus is by no means necessary. However, the Labyrinth Forest is a dangerous place, and having basic protections is highly recommended, even if I try to avoid paranoia combat as much as I can. I assume most times that characters will most all be specced to what seems right, and honestly, it just breaks my immersion if every single Exalt is a combat hobo like this is a Wuxia movie where anything is an excuse for a kung fu battle.

That being said, have you played Etrian Odyssey or similar dungeon crawlers before? Because while there is definitely a place for combatants, there's also a place for diplomats, survival guides and scholars, what with the trekking through the jungle, fighting the wildlife, meeting the intelligent inhabitants, and recording discoveries. That's sort of my vision for this game, at this stage, in any case.

Leave a comment:

• Magnusar
    replied
    Originally posted by Dietaku View Post
    Also, sorry, Magnusar, I didn't see your last post. I'd really prefer no Alchemicals because of the huge infrastructure necesary to do them justice. If you really want to, I'll allow it and figure out something, but I'd prefer personally if there weren't.
    Hmm... this is a though situation I really want to play one but I don't want to screw the game so you are the final judge but the character is mostly ready so if I can play it I would like to.

Leave a comment:

• wonderandawe
    replied
    Basically, if I only take two Thrown charms and no dodge/resistance will my character die?

Leave a comment:

• Dietaku
    replied
    Your Infernal WIP looks fine, Exthalion.

Leave a comment:

• Exthalion
    replied
    Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post
    So is anyone planning on going heavy combat? Just need to know how far into melee I should be (or just skip it all together). Might go thrown instead.
    Depends on what you mean by heavy combat. If my Infernal is accepted there will be MHM + GSNF + various Infernal 2.5 charms which are mostly combat related.

Leave a comment:

• Dietaku
    replied
    Oh? What sort of concept do you have in mind, AkatsukiLeader13?

Leave a comment:

• AkatsukiLeader13
    replied
    I've got a Solar concept I've wanted to run for ages, namely for 3E when it comes out which thankfully we've finally entered the final stretch.

Leave a comment:

• wonderandawe
    replied
    So is anyone planning on going heavy combat? Just need to know how far into melee I should be (or just skip it all together). Might go thrown instead.
    Last edited by wonderandawe; 02-10-2015, 08:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dietaku
    replied
    Also, sorry, Magnusar, I didn't see your last post. I'd really prefer no Alchemicals because of the huge infrastructure necesary to do them justice. If you really want to, I'll allow it and figure out something, but I'd prefer personally if there weren't.

Leave a comment:

• Dietaku
    replied
    Oh, sorry, yes, this is a play by post game. Sorry, I ought to have said this. I'll amend the intro post.

Leave a comment:

• wonderandawe
    replied
    Wait, Is this a play by post game? I don't have time for another skype game right now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X