No announcement yet.

[Recruitment][Exalted 2.5] The Emerald Labyrinth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Infernal WIP looks fine, Exthalion.

Comment

Basically, if I only take two Thrown charms and no dodge/resistance will my character die?

I write things.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietaku View Post
        Also, sorry, Magnusar, I didn't see your last post. I'd really prefer no Alchemicals because of the huge infrastructure necesary to do them justice. If you really want to, I'll allow it and figure out something, but I'd prefer personally if there weren't.
        Hmm... this is a though situation I really want to play one but I don't want to screw the game so you are the final judge but the character is mostly ready so if I can play it I would like to.

Comment

A combat focus is by no means necessary. However, the Labyrinth Forest is a dangerous place, and having basic protections is highly recommended, even if I try to avoid paranoia combat as much as I can. I assume most times that characters will most all be specced to what seems right, and honestly, it just breaks my immersion if every single Exalt is a combat hobo like this is a Wuxia movie where anything is an excuse for a kung fu battle.

That being said, have you played Etrian Odyssey or similar dungeon crawlers before? Because while there is definitely a place for combatants, there's also a place for diplomats, survival guides and scholars, what with the trekking through the jungle, fighting the wildlife, meeting the intelligent inhabitants, and recording discoveries. That's sort of my vision for this game, at this stage, in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnusar View Post

Hmm... this is a though situation I really want to play one but I don't want to screw the game so you are the final judge but the character is mostly ready so if I can play it I would like to.
            Send me what you got in a PM, and I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Your Infernal WIP looks fine, Exthalion.
              Much obliged.

I do have two mechanical questions if you don't mind.

First, is this set of charms/errata from Vance acceptable to use?

Second, if I am building a personal cult do I use the 1 free dot of cult as a base or do I have to get a second cult background?

Comment

Cool. I only took enough combat charms for someone who participated in back room dealings on the Blessed Isle. My character is totally going to be a fish out of water in this Northern Wilderness.

I write things.

Comment

You're wlecome, Exthalion, As per the Errata, that's fine to use Vance's fixes. His fixes are likely to be much better than mine, and in my experience, Infernals take a little bit of strategizing one's purchases to really get going, so any little extra bit helps.

As per the cult, I assume that the cult goes off the inherent cult all GSPs get, so you need worry over one group of worshipful lackeys.

@WonderandAwe:
                  That's not necessarily a bad thing. You'll have a different perspective than others. I read the profile you sent me, and it looks fine, except for one thing: Which excellency did you purchase? I don't think it specified. Apart from that, it looked good.

Comment

Bureaucracy. Anathema does them weird. There is a little tables with dots above the charm listing.

I write things.

Comment

Oh? What sort of concept do you have in mind, AkatsukiLeader13?
                      Well it was a concept a friend and I came up a year when talking about Exalted and stuff we'd like to do with 3E as we're the only two people in my group that backed the KS and will get backer copies. Of course its just a concept at the moment but I'd love a chance to do a test run. Though I should mention I've never actually had the chance to play Exalted. I own and have read several Exalted books, I've just never had a chance to play a game.

Anyway the basic concept is that he and his twin sister (her character for the DB game I want to run with 3E) were born into one of the branches of a Great House and lived fairly typical lives for Dynast children. The two of them were close, not Lannister close but close. Until he had received a rather public Zenith Solar Exaltation. Needless to say, shit hit the fan for him and his family and he was forced to flee as the Wyld Hunt was literally tearing down the door of his family's estate.

In the years since then he's been wandering Creation, at first seeking to prove he isn't the monster the Immaculate Order claims he is but seeing what the Realm is like beyond the Blessed Isle and the lifestyle of a Dynast he's come to realize the Realm needs to change, that it can't continue as it is and ultimately if it is to survive the Solars and Dragon-Blooded must reconcile. Of course he's been completely unaware of how much his family suffered because of him or that his sister, now a DB and extremely bitter and angry at him, has joined the Wyld Hunt specifically to hunt him down.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

That sounds like a pretty cool character, actually. I'd be more than willing to help you write them up, if need be, and there are several masters of the system in this game as well if you want to pose your questions to the group at large.

So, it seems like we'll have two former Dynastic Scions, a demon preacher, a Lunar sage, and a robot. Or not, Magnusar hasn't shown me his proposal yet. Nice.

Comment

I'm not all that worried about writing up the bio, aside from names I'm good at that stuff. It will be more the character sheet I'm worried about making a mistake about but undoubtedly you'll point out any errors anyway.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

I download Anathema to create all of my exalted characters - http://anathema.github.io/

I also use the following guide when choosing excellencies:
                            Also, a general run-down on excellencies.
                            The 1st Excellency is great in cases where more successes=more effect, such as combat or crafting.
                            The 2nd Excellency is the opposite, most useful when all you need to do is succeed.
                            The 3rd Excellency is wonky, and is actually most useful for cases where you have to calculate a static value, due to the way it adds dice in.
                            Here's a basic rundown by ability:
                            Archery: 1st Excellency
                            Martial Arts: 1st Excellency
                            Melee: 1st Excellency
                            Thrown: 1st Excellency
                            War: 2nd Excellency
                            Integrity: 2nd Excellency/3rd Excellency
                            Performance: 2nd Excellency
                            Presence: 2nd Excellency
                            Resistance: 2nd Excellency
                            Survival: 2nd Excellency
                            Craft: 1st Excellency
                            Investigation: 2nd Excellency
                            Lore: 2nd Excellency (1st Excellency if you want to Wyld Shape)
                            Medicine: 2nd Excellency
                            Occult: 2nd Excellency
                            Athletics: 3rd Excellency
                            Awareness: 1st Excellency/2nd Excellency
                            Dodge: 2nd Excellency/3rd Excellency
                            Larceny: 2nd Excellency
                            Stealth: 2nd Excellency
                            Bureaucracy: 2nd Excellency
                            Linguistics: 2nd Excellency
                            Ride: 2nd Excellency
                            Sail: 2nd Excellency
                            Socialize: 2nd Excellency

I write things.

Comment

Hey, AkatsukiLeader13. Which Dynast House is your character from? My character has some issues with one of the houses, so I want to make sure that isn't your house.

I write things.

Comment

Haven't actually picked one yet. Like I said its at the moment just a concept that I've only just begun to flesh out for this. Of course even if they had issues with his House, short of them having a fanatical, kill them all hatred, I don't see that as a major problem.

EDIT:Wonderandawe, thanks for the link. Anathema looks like it will be very helpful.
                                Last edited by AkatsukiLeader13; 02-10-2015, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X