• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noodle
    started a topic [Recruitment][Exalted 2.5] Forging a Nation

[Recruitment][Exalted 2.5] Forging a Nation

Recruitment for this Game is Closed

I'm looking for a players for an PbP Exalted game, here at Onyx Path. Right now, I'm planning on it being a nation-building game out in the Hundred kingdoms, but that is currently negotiable, if anyone has a strong desire to have a different theme and/or location. As of this moment, I am leaving Solars, Lunars, Sidereals and Dragon-bloods as options for PCs.

Let me know if you're interested!
    Last edited by Noodle; 05-16-2014, 04:11 PM.

• NutiketAiel
    replied
    Well, I posted from my phone, making it impossible to add spacing. Though, to be honest, I likely wouldn't have if I could. It's not like there was a place for a paragraph break.

So, formatting aside, is there anything that needs to change about that concept? Are you OK with it? Does it fit within your game? Do you have any suggestions or instructions for improvement?
    Last edited by NutiketAiel; 05-17-2014, 12:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by NutiketAiel View Post
    Parse out? What do you mean? Was something unclear?
    It being a giant block of single-spaced text made it difficult to comb through is all.

Leave a comment:

• NutiketAiel
    replied
    Parse out? What do you mean? Was something unclear?

Leave a comment:

• Noodle
    replied
    Massive block of text
    From what I can parse out, it makes sense, yeah.

Leave a comment:

• JimB
    replied
    Originally posted by kelsyk View Post
    Sure, send me a link and I'll start working on a character.
    http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/g...a-to-boldly-go

Leave a comment:

• kelsyk
    replied
    Originally posted by Dietaku View Post
    There's space open in my Gunstar game, if you're interested....
    Sure, send me a link and I'll start working on a character. Question, how much of your game is voidfighter combat outside the Gunstar and how much is adventuring inside or on the surface of other worlds?

Leave a comment:

• NutiketAiel
    replied
    OK, here's what I'm thinking right now. This is still very much a work in progress at this stage, so I apologize if it has something of a stream of consciousness feel to it. Secrets Caste Sidereal, probably Gold Faction but maybe independent (still up in the air on that one). Assigned to the Convention of Wood (obviously) and the Convention on the Wyld (a Subconvention of the Convention of War, if memory serves). She's from the Confederation of Rivers, probably Nexus (though I'm still up in the air on that one), but she wasn't born in the city. She was born in a small river village at the eastern edge of the Confederation. Principle agricultural product Fish Sticks. Or maybe it was a disputed area within the Hundred Kingdoms. Dither way, small fishing village, with no particular government clearly protecting it. When he was... let's say 6 or 7-ish... the village was raided by slavers. Everyone who wasn't killed was captured by the slavers. His mom was killed defending the village, while his dad and older sibling(s) were captured, along with my character. The slaver's brought them to a freehold they had a deal with to sell them to the Fae. I can make this up, but it might be best if the ST chose a freehold or other group of Fae that have some significance to the plot. Anyway, yadda yadda yadda, she was forced to watch while Dad, older siblings and other villagers had their brains eaten. She managed to escape (or possibly was allowed to escape- whatever the ST would prefer), and made her way eventually to Nexus (or whatever major city we decide to go with). Maybe she made off with a trinket or something from the Fae if we can come up with something interesting. Either way, now we have little kid living with no family on the streets of a major city. He did what he had to, stealing, begging, selling his body, killing other streetdwellers, whatever was necessary to survive. She got pretty good at the stealing, and one day in her early teens she came across some valuable information in a mansion she was robbing. She sold it for way more than the take from the valuables she stole, and decided she was in the wrong business. She stopped stealing money and jewelry (mostly) and started stealing secrets. Over the years, he (or rather the alias he assumed, a suitably mysterious and dramatic name that I haven't come up with yet) became one of the most powerful and respected information brokers in the city. He never lost his hatred of the Fae, however, or an even deeper hatred of slavers who dealt with them (note that he isn't totally opposed to slavery, just to the selling of slaves to the Fae), and through careful manipulation of who came into what information did great harm to slavers who dealt with them without betraying himself. Direct harmto the Fae was, of course, beyond him. Anyway, time went on, and eventually he Exalted (not sure of the circumstances yet). The Sidereals picked him up and brought him to Yu-Shan, as per usual. As a Chosen of Secrets, the Bronze Faction had her marked off for recruitment, but during the course of her studies, particularly of history, she saw how effective the Solars had been against the Fae and was instead drawn to the Gold Faction. Or she resented the control either faction would have tried to exert over her and chose to avoid both. Still up in the air on that one. Either way, she completed her training, and was assigned to the Convention of Wood, posted primarily in the River Province, and frequently sent on missions involving the criminal underground and street culture, with which she was well associated. Sometimes he was tapped for espionage missions unrelated to these assignments because of his skill. Her favored technique is finding ways to blackmail her targets into doing what destiny needs them to do. In any case, he also requested and was granted assignment to the Special Convention on the Wyld, and has proven himself on several missions, earning the favor of the director of the Convention (who might be his mentor/sifu, now that I think on it). Her most recent assignment is to investigate the Fae invasion force(s) facing Novalesk, provide assistance repelling it, including providing information to the nation's exalted defenders at her discretion, and to determine if a stronger divine response to the situation may be warranted. She suspects that the assignment of a sidereal from her convention to such a broad mission where solar exalted are involved was politically motivated, resulting from the manipulation of the gold faction (either to get one of their own assigned if she's a member, or to prevent a bronze agent from being assigned if she's independent) and the local deity, Origenes, who obviously has a vested interest in gaining help to protect his purview. How does that sound?

Leave a comment:

• Dietaku
    replied
    Originally posted by kelsyk View Post
    Assuming there is still space I would definetaly be interested in joining. My current character, and only one I have ever built since I just started Exalted, is a dawn caste martial artist. Most of his charms are combat focused but he has some investigation.
    There's space open in my Gunstar game, if you're interested....

Leave a comment:

• Noodle
    replied
    Were the other PCs aware of the Sidereal involvement? Did they interact with the other PCs at all? Is the Fae invasion of significant enough concern that an agent would be dispatched? And what's Fallen Lapis? The name rings a bell, but I'm drawing a blank.
    Yes, as they were aware of the Sidereal, as they traveled with her to the Freehold and helped with the negotiations. At least, two of the PCs are, as well as a Guild-affiliated Eclipse NPC who traveled with them for a bit. Like I said, she dropped of the face of Creation about the time the Zenith joined the Circle, and no-one seems to notice/care.

The Fae invasion could be considered fairly serious; the Crimson Panoply's projections indicated that if most of the Fae in the region got together with the invaders, they could steamroll most of the opposition.

Fallen Lapis was a city in the north-east that allied with the Bull of the North, and was wiped out by two Bronze Faction Sids for doing so. The Sidereal in question was going to halt to the spread of shadowlands in the city, keep it from becoming a Sijan/Thorns.

Leave a comment:

• NutiketAiel
    replied
    Were the other PCs aware of the Sidereal involvement? Did they interact with the other PCs at all? Is the Fae invasion of significant enough concern that an agent would be dispatched? And what's Fallen Lapis? The name rings a bell, but I'm drawing a blank.

Leave a comment:

• Noodle
    replied
    Hmm. It's probably pretty high profile then. There's no way I can play any kind of law enforcement official. That takes both of my Terrestrial ideas off the table. No problem. I can come up with something else. A Sidereal might work well, either independent or Gold Faction, an agent of heaven sent to investigate and help repel the Fae invasion. Probably a stealthy martial artist spy/assassin type. Not sure which caste. Need to give some thought as a background. Can I ask, has there been any Sidereal involvement in the plot thus far? Any divine politics I should know about while I'm coming up with concepts?
    We had a GF Chosen of Serenity PC, whose player dropped out. She was assigned to get an independent Freehold from signing on with the invasion, She got them on the PC's side, then the player dropped out and she subsequently disappeared, never to be mentioned again (Arcane Fate's a bitch). Another Sidereal, a Chosen of Journeys, showed up right before she disappeared, saying he was going to clean up Fallen Lapis.

As for Divine Politics, there are three major Divine players in the game so far. Origenes, the nation-god of Novalesk, who is heavily implied to by a highly astute Divine Politician. His daughter, Origenon Larissa, a recently ascended god-blood, and the former ruler of Novalesk. And a deity at this point known only by her title, "The Silver-Horned Mother". She is the nation-goddess of the Geherin, a nearby tribal confederation. She's supposedly the daughter of Luna via Fae binge stomach-ache.

Leave a comment:

• kelsyk
    replied
    Hmm. It's probably pretty high profile then. There's no way I can play any kind of law enforcement official. That takes both of my Terrestrial ideas off the table. No problem. I can come up with something else. A Sidereal might work well, either independent or Gold Faction, an agent of heaven sent to investigate and help repel the Fae invasion. Probably a stealthy martial artist spy/assassin type. Not sure which caste. Need to give some thought as a background. Can I ask, has there been any Sidereal involvement in the plot thus far? Any divine politics I should know about while I'm coming up with concepts?
    Perhaps you could be a silver faction Sidereal looking to take advantage of the Lunar and Solar pair in the area to help stop the Fae. Given the rarity of Solars up till now this could be the first chance for the Sidereal influence a Solar/Lunar pair since the Usurption, and get to start influencing them at the beginning of their exalted lives.

Leave a comment:

• kelsyk
    replied
    Originally posted by Noodle View Post

Sorry, I think 6 is about my limit for PCs, so unless, one of the current players or the previous prospectives drops out, we're opperating at capacity. Sorry.
    Okay, I'll keep checking back incase a spot opens up. If you ever decide to introduce a reoccuring character I would be happy to play him, even if only occasionally.

Leave a comment:

• NutiketAiel
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X