No announcement yet.

Gauging Interest: (Chronicles of) Dark Tournament

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'd be happy for other folks to join my team; the idea is that all the members are or can turn into dragons, and are all different splats. I've got rough outlines for the Changeling, Demon, Beast, and Vampire so far, but am happy to hand some over. (Even better, if you can think of another splat that can turn into a dragon, that would be amazing, because I can't seem to make it work with skinchangers.)

Comment

What Merit is best at representing a Rank 3 Spirit bodyguard?

Does it make sence for a Shintoist Libertine to use Expression as a rote skill for Howl from beyound? I know the Kalevala is full of magic singers, but this is almost the opposite place on the Earth.

Simurgh, Mysterium Thyrsus in Mountains of Shadow (IC|OOC)

Comment

Hurt Locker is out, yay.

What does Kusariwarete actually mean? I tried to find how to build the world for someone who breaks the chains (of Fate), that's what I made with Wikipedia's help.

And the question about Expression still stands.

Simurgh, Mysterium Thyrsus in Mountains of Shadow (IC|OOC)

Comment

Haha I thought people would have lost interest by now. If folks are still down I'll write up a structure for the tournament and make an OOC thread for folks to start posting character ideas and working teams out.

Expression is one of the example Rote Skills for Howl from the Beyond, so I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. Also, just because the tournament is being held in Japan, don't feel obligated to make Japanese characters. Contestants could come in from anywhere. As for a spirit bodyguard, Rank 3 seems a bit much. A Rank 2 Familiar is 4 dots, and for a werewolf pack to have a Rank 3 spirit as a Totem it takes at least 9 dots between them. I would say either Familiar, Totem (taking Pack Bond as well if not a Werewolf), or the Familiar Tell would be the best way to get a spirit ally, and if you want it to reach Rank 3 we can discuss the possibility of it growing in power as the tournament progresses.

Anyway, if folks still want to do this, let me know.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

I'm certainly interested. Not sure what I can commit to time-wise though.

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesofZion View Post
              I'm certainly interested. Not sure what I can commit to time-wise though.
              Understandable. Honestly, I'm in a similar boat, but don't want to let folks down if a lot of people were really looking forward to it. And, given that the plan was for it to be Play-by-Post and largely self-monitored PvP, I figure I can at least referee if folks are still down. Otherwise I'm probably going to take this concept and turn it into a more traditional PvE chronicle for a regular group, when I can spare the time to do so.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

I'm still interested, though I'd really only be able to have one character bopping around as opposed to a team of dudes like some people had been discussing. Pbp tournaments can be fun. Many years ago I played in a forum RP tournament circuit on the old WotC forums.

Comment

I'm curious and while I cannot in good faith make a commitment atm, I'd love to join somewhere in late February/Early March if this thing takes off =D

Comment

I'd love to at least read the (mis)adventures that go into this.

Comment

Working...
                    X