Any MtAw 2e games?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any MtAw 2e games?

Just curious if anyone is running any mage the awakening games. I've been looking but haven't found any so far.

I am very interested in playing.

Comment

I am looking for a game as well or debating with myself running a skype campaign, I'm not native speaker however and despite being quite fluent, when it comes to RP and Storytelling there are some limitations that arise (although I own all books in English and I face opposite issue when playing with French people, as I know all the vocabulary and mechanics in English xD). I would like to host a campaign as GM, but the last time I GM'd was in 2008 and it was Vampire The Masquerade which is way easier. I also built my own homebrewed version of MtAw on top of that, using some elements from MtAsc as I really enjoy the Traditions but always hated the concept of technocracy and enjoy tAw universe a lot more, but well last time I was gonna host a campaign people also complained about the character creation in tAw and I figured using modified traditions to replace Paths and integrating them in the political landscape of tAw was actually doable, anyways not the topic here, but maybe if enough people would like to play I may jump in and we could either play regular tAw or discuss the slightly modified version depending what people want, I would need some help from players with the new rules an whatnot, and I would prolly be more comfortable playing myself, but seems hard to find a skype campaign these days, and I just don't enjoy PBP.

Comment

kinok0 I can say I am interested. For the record I spoke french as a child, I can no longer speak it but I can often catch general meanings.

I'd be curious to see what you've done with the system before I give a solid answer however.

Ya, I understand it is so hard to find a Skype game and pbp just isn't the same.

Comment

Mr.F.I.X. Well the system I changed was for the 1st ED an I feel like it conflict more with the rules now with 2ED and I need to finish reading it anyways rofl. We can see then if I find the courage to host a game in english and would prolly be vanilla 2ED then.

What I did with the system however was a replacement of the 5 paths with the 9 traditions leaving the choice of ruling arcanas amongst the specialties arcana of the traditions and arbitrarily assigning an Inferior arcana based on the tradition (so basically replacing the paths, IE Cult of Extasy had Matter has inferior Arcana, Verbena had Death etc...) and fleshing them out more as political entities in the world, by that I mean that the 5 Orders were kind of the modern association (which conflict with the canon view on Atlantis) of the traditions to have a global structure, they served functions you see, I thought of it kind of an administration system when the Traditions where more about cultural views and paradigm and helped my players fleshing out their characters and rooting them in real world spiritualties (like the Akashayana have a real tibetan budddhist feel when the Euthanathos have this really Hinduist touch) but anyways my system isn't perfect and was never playtested as the campaign never ran (everyone had a character and all and then lack of motivation, schedule issues and whatnot, you know the drills) and I feel like i would need to rework, put a lot more time and writing in it to make it work properly and the group this was planned for was newbie to WoD, so to them it really wasn't much of an issue to play an altered non-canon world. But as I said Vanilla is fine by me, I personally enjoy the Paths and it would be easier.

But then as I said I did not ST for a long time and Mage always seemed more complex to ST to me than VtM and VtDA which I had experience with in my late teens (16 to 19yo). I'd also like to hear what type of campaigns the players are looking for as I personally enjoy more the type of spread over a few years campaigns than the ones spread across centuries and whatnot that have this very high level/epic feeling, would def be too hard and abstract for me. Anyways feel free to let me know your expectations, there are quite a few players looking for a 2ED game on these forums atm, so why not try and make a group and see where it goes? I have lots of free time these days anyway (but I'll be on vacation the next two weeks however with poor access to the web).

Comment

I would be super down to play some Mage if something coalesces.

Comment

I'm a bit of a newbie, but I'm so looking forward to sink my teeth in this game! Hoping something happens

Comment

Count me in as well, I'm totally up for playing a game over skype/Roll20.

Comment

Well, it seems we are a whole bunch of people interested in playing. Will somebody step up and actually run a game? It remains to be seen... ^^

Comment

With all the responses I wish I was confident enough to run it myself

Comment

Yeah, if I'd ever played in a game I'd run it but it's just so hard to find a ST.

Comment

I think that if we all stare into our screens with puppy eyes maybe we can summon one?

Comment

Working...
                        X