Interest in a V20 play by post game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest in a V20 play by post game?

I am looking at doing a play by post V20 game. I would want people who can post at least once every couple days, daily being better. The general idea is that several of the major Giovanni families are planning to do the Giovanni, as the Giovanni did to the Cappadocians. Player characters would not know this initially. Non-single blooded members of clan Giovanni are ideal, but if you can sell me on why a member of another clan would be trusted enough to be involved I will allow it.

Originally posted by AkatsukiLeader13 View Post
    I wouldn't mind a Giovanni game.
    cool, but I need at least 3 people to go ahead with things.

Comment

Hey, if you don't mind playing with a person that is not a walking encyclopedia of oWoD lore (but still knows enough to get by) then count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Woland View Post
        Hey, if you don't mind playing with a person that is not a walking encyclopedia of oWoD lore (but still knows enough to get by) then count me in.
        My knowledge of world of darkness is hardly perfect so that shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

An all one (or mostly one clan) would be an interesting change of pace.

Comment

That gives us 3. For character creation as I said in the OP non-single blooded giovanni (so members of clan Giovanni that are part of one of the families that aren't Giovanni) are probably the best characters to play, but if you can sell me on why the elders of those families would trust non-family to be involved in the coup then other clans are fine as well. The plan is for you to start in the UK, but you will probably travel across Europe and North America as part of the campaign. Use the basic rules from V20 for making your character, if you are wanting to use an option from another V20 book let me know and what source it is from, I don't always remember what non-main rulebook stuff is in what book.

For those of you that want to refresh your memories about the major families of the Giovanni clan, lore of the clans and the old giovanni clanbooks are the best sources.

I can have up to 5 people, so there is still space for two more if others are interested.

Comment

I'd like to make a Milliner, since there's still room. I'll come up with something for approval.

When one is accustomed to privilege, equality seems like oppression.

Comment

Originally posted by TidyGamer View Post
                I'd like to make a Milliner, since there's still room. I'll come up with something for approval.
                cool, looking forward to seeing your character

Comment

It seems that you can't attach text files to private messages, so l'll just post my character here. If something doesn't add up please tell me; I have lowered my Generation through the use of Background points but if you don't allow it then I can come up with something different.

Oh hell, now it tells me that my .pdf file is "invalid data". Can anyone more forum-savvy offer a solution?

EDIT: I am absolutely done with figuring out how to add attachements to a post, so here are Google Drive links to the files.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2e...ew?usp=sharing - character background
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2e...ew?usp=sharing - character sheet
                  Last edited by Woland; 09-01-2016, 03:41 AM.

Comment

It seems that you can't attach text files to private messages, so l'll just post my character here. If something doesn't add up please tell me; I have lowered my Generation through the use of Background points but if you don't allow it then I can come up with something different.

Oh hell, now it tells me that my .pdf file is "invalid data". Can anyone more forum-savvy offer a solution?
                    Screenshot the page? crop the stuff not in the PDF then upload the picture file?

Also it makes sense to me that some or many of the kindred chosen to fill key roles in this plan would be of relatively low generation.
                    Last edited by Browman; 08-27-2016, 05:58 PM.

Comment

So, there's room for a fifth, it seems? Never played a Giovani, but always loved necromancy. If you give me a day you'll have my character ready.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

Sounds good Thorbes.

Woland I have 1 question, your character is a highly intelligent, almost 200 year old 8th gen. Why does he only have the skills and disciplines of a neonate? Neonates are normally 10-20 years embraced.

Comment

Well, as for the Disciplines I just figured that the guy was so focused on discerning the necromantic secrets that he cared little for Dominating others or punching through walls with Potence. Necromancy rituals are closely guarded, however, especially from someone who technically is not "family" (his last name is not Pisanob) - hence so little dots. You're probably right that the lack of Skill dots cannot be so easily explained, except maybe for the fact that he has spent practically his entire existence reading books and doing field research on his favorite subjects, and after a few decades it is just hard to find enough information that can actually amount to another dot.

This is an overall valid concern and if you prefer I can make my character younger by around a century. Just say the word.

Comment

Well, as for the Disciplines I just figured that the guy was so focused on discerning the necromantic secrets that he cared little for Dominating others or punching through walls with Potence. Necromancy rituals are closely guarded, however, especially from someone who technically is not "family" (his last name is not Pisanob) - hence so little dots. You're probably right that the lack of Skill dots cannot be so easily explained, except maybe for the fact that he has spent practically his entire existence reading books and doing field research on his favorite subjects, and after a few decades it is just hard to find enough information that can actually amount to another dot.

This is an overall valid concern and if you prefer I can make my character younger by around a century. Just say the word.
                            Perhaps he spent a few decades in torpor for some reason? He could be that old but have a reason for lower skills.

Comment

Working...
                            X