No announcement yet.

[Recruitment] Chained In Nightmares - Homebrew Exalted 2.5 Play-By-Post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Awareness specialty, perhaps "While On Watch" would work.

And, yes, generally your gear is at your Resources rating or below.

Dead But Not Gone: Ghosts
    Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
    Masters of the Industrial Elements
    Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
    ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

Alright, Alek should be good to go now. Here's hoping we can get some interest going so I can actually get the guy stuck in to a melee.

I play forum games! Come check out the (mis?)adventures of
      Jensven Vargsmed and his canine companion, Shadow in "Forging a Nation" (OOC, IC)
      ...or the Prodigal of Ashen Remorse in "Emerald Labyrinth" (OOC, IC)

Comment

Considering how much interest we're getting, maybe we should consider running this as a solo game.

What's the story of how your character met up with his mentor?

Comment

I was hoping the mentor could be the one that trained him for his duty as a guard. He decided to keep an eye on the kid and actively help him because he was of the opinion that the kid (Alek) showed promise and had, '...more heart than any ten of my other students combined.' He may or may not be a Dominus. I'll leave that to you to decide.

Jensven Vargsmed and his canine companion, Shadow in "Forging a Nation" (OOC, IC)

Comment

What do you see your character's daily routine being like?

Comment

Sorry about the late post, but I wanted to spend some time really thinking about this before posting it.

Alek prefers to work off-shifts for his guard duty. This is what we would call "graveyard" shift, midnights, or third shift. So, his day would start a few hours before that when he wakes up and has a small bite to eat. A basic workout of what we would call Cardio would follow. He would then check up on his brother's family and run an errand or two for them if needed.

He would show up early for his allotted time patrolling/standing guard so he could get a status report and ensure a clean and secure change of the guard. When relieved for a break he will take only long enough to have a small lunch and then get back to it. At the end of his shift he will give a full status report to the relieving guard without concern for how late he will leave the site.

If he gets any recreation in it will either be spent seeing that the men under his command are able to kick back but not go wild, or play with and teach his brother's children. Many would say he sleeps too little, but he doesn't seem to mind or be affected by it. Since becoming an Ironsoul, this has become more noticeable.

Comment

I'm trying to conceptualize what an off-shift would look like in a world with no day/night cycle. Unless most people needed to be active at the same time for some reason at regular intervals, I'd figure that things would be happening around the clock. Can you think of any large projects that would happen often enough that most people would be on roughly the same rhythm?

Comment

Other than the coordination of construction projects, I couldn't see anything that would require people to be active at the same time either. I guess that just means that Alek would sign up for the shifts where the guard was spread thinnest so he could try and fill a breach.

As far as construction goes, I would say that building walls for the village/city most of the tribe finds themselves in and the housing for all of them would require a concerted effort. The 'pearl' diving would most likely be able to be done at any time. Smaller groups would probably be better for that sort of thing anyway.

Comment

Alright, I think I have an initial arc worked out. Any last input on the mentor? Name? Personality? General rank in the guards?

Comment

I would like to propose the mentor be called Whil Dixon. His rank would have been high enough to be in command of some guards, but not high enough that he wouldn't be expected to be in the field. Think what we would call an enlisted man in the US military. For instance, the many ranks of Sergeant that can be found in the United States Marine Corps.

His personality would definitely be a gruff one. He would be the biggest jerkwad and deliberately tough on those he commands because he expects great things of them. He expects great things because he honestly believes in them. Don't ask him to admit that within earshot of them, though. He is like that uncle that would give you a kick in the seat of your pants when you screwed up not because he wants to punish you, but because he honestly thinks he can make you a better person through aversion treatment. "You done goofed! Now you have to spend a few rounds in the brawling circle with me." This incidentally allows him to turn you into a better fighter in the pretense of disciplining you.

Comment

I've finally got an IC thread up for us. We'll probably need to use Invisible Castle for dice rolls. Since there's only two of us, you can just PM me instead of needing an OOC thread.

Comment

Yeah, PM works. Let's see what kind of magic we can work here.

Comment

Working...
                          X