VTR 2nd Forum Site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VTR 2nd Forum Site

Hello! I have been searching off and on the last few months and haven't been able to find an active play by post site to join in on a game with so I've decided to undertake the endeavor of starting a site from scratch.

I would like to begin the site building with a co-story teller and an administrator or two.

The site (at this moment subject to change) would be Vampires and mortals (including with supernatural merits). I'd like to keep it simple at least in the beginning with just one template, but if interest in adding a template then we'll be happy to accommodate.

If you would be interested in being a co-story teller or am admin feel free to comment here and message me. If you'd be interested in joining a play by post site once it's up and running please also comment here and I'll update you as soon as we have something going!

I might be interested. I'd like to know more about what you have in mind beyond what's stated here, or if you don't have anything specific in mind yet, then to join in brainstorming. But yeah, I've been missing big-group Requiem pretty much since moving out of my college town, so this appeals to me.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
      I might be interested. I'd like to know more about what you have in mind beyond what's stated here, or if you don't have anything specific in mind yet, then to join in brainstorming. But yeah, I've been missing big-group Requiem pretty much since moving out of my college town, so this appeals to me.
      PM inbound

Comment

I'm interested in learning more about your PbP endeavor for VtR 2E. Don't have much experience with PbP but eager to learn.

Comment

Totally interested, both in terms of playing and collaborating on worldbuilding aspects, but I'd like to know more about what you have planned.

Comment

If you wouldn't mind a relative beginner ( 1 year of pbp experience only), I'd be happy to join^^

Comment

Id be up for some forum rp

Comment

I'm interested in playing or collaborating as well

Comment

Has there been any more progress on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Suledin View Post
                    Has there been any more progress on this?
                    We need someone to actually build the site. I've been looking into it, but hiring someone is north of 800$ for a simple forum. So need to figure out how to do it myself or hopefully find someone who knows how

Comment

Originally posted by Kevorkiandoctor View Post

We need someone to actually build the site. I've been looking into it, but hiring someone is north of 800$ for a simple forum. So need to figure out how to do it myself or hopefully find someone who knows how
                      $800 to set up a basic forum!

If you have server space, it's relatively easy to do with open source libraries.

Comment

Unless you've already paid for hosting, I'd recommend going with a free option like Jcink or Icyboards. They're easy enough to customize - just grab a free skin here, switch the colors around if needed and add your own banner. Wiki-like features can be added to jcink through custom pages and chatting could be done through something like Discord/Slack/etc.

You can always move to a self hosted forum later once you've got a bigger userbase.
                        Last edited by Mongoose; 01-13-2017, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                          Unless you've already paid for hosting, I'd recommend going with a free option like Jcink or Icyboards. They're easy enough to customize - http://rpg-directory.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=114"]just grab a free skin here, [/URL] switch the colors around if needed and add your own banner. Wiki-like features can be added to jcink through custom pages and chatting could be done through something like Discord/Slack/etc.

You can always move to a self hosted forum later once you've got a bigger userbase.
                          Would you be willing to help us get this moving off the ground?

Comment

I'd be happy to help out, sure. Do you guys have a Discord or something similar? Would make the whole setting up process easier.
                            Last edited by Mongoose; 01-15-2017, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                              I'd be happy to help out, sure. Do you guys have a Discord or something similar? Would make the whole setting up process easier.

PM inbound with info

Comment

Working...
                              X