Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about finding games

Hello everyone,

The big question on my mind, as a long time fan of World of Darkness and PnP games generally, is how to find games to join? Does anyone have any good tips on finding games locally, or alternatively online. How does a game work online and does it scratch the itch so to speak? I would prefer actually sitting around a table in person. I would deeply appreciate any advice on finding games and like minded people for world of darkness games.

Thank you

If you are looking for local face to face games, your best bet is to check with local stores that sell related products. Otherwise look and see if there are any facebook or other social network groups for your area. Reddit and some other sites also have forums for people looking for groups.

There are a few games running here, rolld20 is probably the main online gaming site. In general online gaming fits into 3 categories: play by post where the game is run through a forum thread, chat games where the campaign is run through skype/ discord or some other chat program these games and voice games again using skype or discord normally runs on a schedule like a face to face game.

Comment

Thank you sir,

Meetup is something I have tired as well but to no avail for more story focused PnP games, so I appreciate your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Anathema_Dreamer View Post
        Thank you sir,

Meetup is something I have tired as well but to no avail for more story focused PnP games, so I appreciate your advice.
        If you are interested, I started a V20 game here relatively recently and could accomidate another player. http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/g...y-by-post-game

Comment

Thank you, I will look into that, its been forever since I played a good game of vampire.

Comment

Originally posted by Browman View Post
            If you are looking for local face to face games, your best bet is to check with local stores that sell related products. Otherwise look and see if there are any facebook or other social network groups for your area. Reddit and some other sites also have forums for people looking for groups.

There are a few games running here, rolld20 is probably the main online gaming site. In general online gaming fits into 3 categories: play by post where the game is run through a forum thread, chat games where the campaign is run through skype/ discord or some other chat program these games and voice games again using skype or discord normally runs on a schedule like a face to face game.
            These guys tend to be very close-minded. They enjoy playing in ways that allow for cheating since the ST can't check their die rolls. In-person is better. The ST can see your die rolls and role playing is more realistic. Plus there's snacks! If you're anywhere near the Seattle area, HMU.

"With the Dragon Blooded attempting to strip us of our place in creation, there are more important things than my life!"
            -The last words of Sunfire Forge, Twilight of the Circle of the Forrest's Shade at Dawn

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Drager View Post

These guys tend to be very close-minded. They enjoy playing in ways that allow for cheating since the ST can't check their die rolls. In-person is better. The ST can see your die rolls and role playing is more realistic. Plus there's snacks! If you're anywhere near the Seattle area, HMU.
              Not sure where you got that cheating impression, especially since there are plenty of dice rolling websites that allow multiple people to see the results, including previous rolls. In fact, roll20 has a dice roller integrated into it, which is partially why it is so well liked. Besides that, there are advantages to being at a PC instead of in person; you have your own space to be comfortable in, you can look stuff up more rapidly via CTRL F, and if you need music or an image google is there for multiple people on a non-mobile interface. You can also host games easier since you don't need to factor in travel time, as well as preparation to host others or be presentable.

Comment

Working...
              X