No announcement yet.

Starting a Promethean Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aww, that sucks! Hope you'll be able to join soon!

Comment

That sucks, sorry Dusksage. I hope you're able to join at some point!

2E Legacy Updates
      Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
      Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
      Storm Keepers

Comment

Good luck, Dusksage!

Now having the opportunity to partake in PbP games, part of me wants to jump in. But I'm not entirely sure if there's any etiquette or rules of thumb on when to join other games: six months, a year? Not that I'm not enjoying the hell out of my current Mage game!

Comment

Haberdasher ayyyyyy

I don't think there's any etiquette- this forum isn't really active enough to have a rule, it's actually pretty miraculous that Supernal Suburbia has been going strong for so long. Jump on in!

2E Legacy Updates
          Storm Keepers

Comment

Dusksage I'm sorry that your laptop has failed you. Hopefully you'll be able to join us at a later date, we'd be happy to have you!

Haberdasher Jump right on in! We'd be happy to have you! Throw a character together and come and join us, the Pilgrimage is a lonely road- a fellow traveler is a sight for sore eyes.

That said, I think I've got a title for the game: Muddy Waters. That or "Clear as Mud".

Comment

"MUDSPORT"
              "MUD AND STEEL"
              "THRONE OF MUD"
              "MUD IN THE WATER"
              "FIRST MUD"
              "PROMETHEAN: THE CREATED: MUDLINES"

edit: here's some #content i made if it gives our ST any ideas
              Last edited by Caladriu; 11-03-2016, 08:13 PM.

2E Legacy Updates
              Storm Keepers

Comment

Originally posted by Haberdasher View Post
                Good luck, Dusksage!

Now having the opportunity to partake in PbP games, part of me wants to jump in. But I'm not entirely sure if there's any etiquette or rules of thumb on when to join other games: six months, a year? Not that I'm not enjoying the hell out of my current Mage game!
                Welcome and glad to have you! =D

Muddy Waters sounds nice. Either that or "Promethean: the Created - Mudlines" xD

Comment

Here's the OOC thread guys! http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/g...e-muddy-waters

EDIT: Here's the IC thread! http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/general/conventions-and-gatherings/play-by-post/998318-ic-promethean-the-created-2e-muddy-waters
                  Last edited by Arcanist; 11-04-2016, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Hey how's it going? I started a Facebook group for White Wolf game play media and subject matter media but we also allow people who are trying to run a game post looking for players too. The only thing we ask is the following;

1)Be specific on the game type, and theme of the game
                    2)Be specific on what you will allow and not allow
                    3)The means in which you plan to run the game, and when.
                    4)The more details the better.

Hope to see you there!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/862703457198327/

Storyteller of Vampire the Masquerade game - Twin Cities by Night
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBU...IhwsM3kHK56SRA
                    If you want to find White Wolf game play media or subject matter media check out the Facebook page I create to share and post media.
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/862703457198327/

Comment

*runs skidding into the room*

I found a way to access my 2nd Edition Copy of Promethean: the Created 2nd Edition! *pant* I can...*pant*...join the game now if you'll all still have me...*pant*

Comment

My Azothic Memory is tingling...I must...show my current character concept...

> Name: Regret
                        > Concept: Seeker of Identity
                        > Lineage: Frankenstein
                        > Refinement: Plumbum
                        ~ Role: Pilgrim
                        > Elpis: Sorrow
                        > Torment: Merciless
                        > Mental Attributes: Intelligence 2, Wits 2, Resolve 2
                        > Physical Attributes: Strength 3, Dexterity 2, Stamina 3
                        > Social Attributes: Presence 3, Manipulation 2, Composure 2
                        > Mental Skills: Crafts 2, Investigation 1, Science 1
                        > Physical Skills: Athletics 2, Brawl 2, Drive 1, Firearms (Rifles) 2, Larceny 1, Survival (Wilderness Training) 1, Weaponry 2
                        > Social Skills: Empathy (Suffering) 2, Expression 1, Intimidation 2, Persuasion 1, Streetwise 1
                        > Merits: Ambidextrous (3), Danger Sense (2), Residual Memory - Expression/Larceny/Science (3), Safe Place - The Far Place (2)
                        > Bestowments: Titan's Strength
                        > Transmutations
                        ~ Disquietism: Externalize
                        ~ Saturninus: Plumb the Fathoms
                        > Health: 8 = 00000000
                        > Willpower: 4 = ++++
                        > Size: 5
                        > Speed: 10
                        > Initiative: 4
                        > Defense: 4
                        > Pilgrimage: 1
                        > Azoth: 1
                        > Pyros: 5/10
                        > Aspirations
                        ~ Meet the other PCs
                        ~ Utilize the Safe Place Merit
                        ~ Discover an Athanor
                        > Conditions
                        ~ Introspective (Refinement)
                        ~ ?
                        ~ ?
                        > Exp: 0
                        > Vitriol Exp: 0
                        >Synopsis: Regret was created by a Promethean who always found their own body to be sub par. They were created out of what their Genitor thought was perfect specimens, and in the end they found their body too frail and unprepared for the harshness of the Pilgrimage. So, when they created Regret they made him out of what they thought were the perfect specimens: soldiers. Piece by piece they built their creation out of soldiers, thinking there was no finer material that could handle the rigors of the Pilgrimage. But they didn't understand the horrors of warfare, and so Regret is haunted by the stolen lives that comprise his body. But there is one blessing that came from his creation, Sorrow. The fragments of his being remember the depth of human suffering, even if just instinctively. This has allowed Regret to look upon his own actions through the lens of pointless folly and necessary sacrifice. When one action slides to far towards folly he knows he hasn't acted right, and this guides his morality as he slowly marches towards the New Dawn. His greatest hindrance is how easy it is for him and his body to kill. Violence is second nature, and it almost always after the fact that Regret's Elpis reminds him of why he seeks humanity, and why he shouldn't bring war to the human world.

Pilgrimage Questions

Q: What Sort of Human Do You Want to Be?
                        A: A peacemaker, someone who can resolve conflict without violence. Someone who can stem human suffering and lead humans away from war.

Q: How Have Humans Taught You To Fear and Hate?
                        A: Humans are always so quick to point blade and gun at anything they believe dangerous. Human ignorance and pride are the mother an father of suffering. If only is wasn't so easy to understand why they fear for their lives.

Q: How Did You Split With Your Creator?
                        A: They didn't understand why I hated my body, they built it so they could protect me from their own fears but failed to realize I wasn't them. If only they knew what it's like to have every inch of their being crying out to go home...

Q: What Keeps You on the Pilgrimage?
                        A: They were never able to go home, so I will bring them all a second chance at life. At the human kindness they were denied at the hour of their deaths.

Q: What Would You Give Up to Become Human?
                        A: Conventional Morality, after all it is a lie. There is no good and evil, there is only you and the one who has the gun. Every other decision is purely based on personal ignorance and pride. We're all proof of that right?
                        Last edited by Dusksage; 12-31-2016, 09:17 PM. Reason: Done

Comment

Hop over to the OOC thread and introduce yourself. We'd be happy to have you. Your character starts with a completed Role and 10XP, divided between Vitriol and Experiences however you'd like. All I need is for you to describe the Milestone for completing the Role and what Regret learned from it. Are there any particular Refinements you'd like your character to pursue?

Comment

Hi, so I just got the copy of the 2e corebook and I'm looking to join once I get a bit of the book under my belt. What do I need to join?

Wow I wish I had something cool to say here

Comment

Working...
                            X