(Interest Check) Vampire: The Masquerade 1E-Chicago by Night Play-By-Post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Interest Check) Vampire: The Masquerade 1E-Chicago by Night Play-By-Post

Okay, I have proposed this idea before but it never really got anywhere due to some real-life stuff getting in the way. Well, said real-life issues have been resolved and now I have a lot more free time in the following months.

​So, I want to run a play-by-post Vampire: The Masquerade game using the original First Edition rules and setting, specifically the First Edition version of Chicago by Night (as well as the adjacent domain of Gary, Milwaukee may come into play much later into the game as well). It will NOT use or acknowledge the metaplot and the campaign as a whole would be set in an unspecified point in the 1990's.

​The only material in use for players is the 1E Corebook for Masquerade, and as an ST, I will use Chicago by Night 1E as a reference as well (and possibly Milwaukee by Night if the game progresses enough). I'm trying to go for an old-school and minimalistic feel similar to how the game was played back in 1991-1992. Now, as for other supernatural denizens of the World of Darkness, well Lupines and Magi are mentioned and given loose stats in the 1E corebook's antagonist section, so they do exist in the game but are reserved for NPC's only (and as such, resemble the descriptions found in VTM 1E's core more than the descriptions found in Werewolf: The Apocalypse or Mage: The Ascension)

The following clans are in play....

Brujah
    Gangrel
    Malkavian
    Nosferatu
    ​Toreador
    Tremere
    Ventrue

​Caitiff are only playable with prior ST approval.

​So, who is interested in such a concept?

First edition rules are also only $15 on drivethrurpg.

This looks intriguing to me.

Are you looking at Camarilla neonates, anarchs, or let the players decide?
    Last edited by Resplendent Fire; 10-30-2016, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post
      First edition rules are also only $15 on drivethrurpg.

This looks intriguing to me.

Are you looking at Camarilla neonates, anarchs, or let the players decide?
      ​I will let the players decide.

Comment

Excellent. Just in case my previous comment was ambiguous, definitely count me as interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post
          Excellent. Just in case my previous comment was ambiguous, definitely count me as interested.
          ​Excellent

Comment

Working...
          X