Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OOC] The Curious Case of Gloria Margaret Calloway (MtAw 2E)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [OOC] The Curious Case of Gloria Margaret Calloway (MtAw 2E)

[This project has been cancled]

Gloria Margaret Calloway has been murdered, and now a town known for it's secrets must delve into the hidden darkness of their idealistic paradise to stop a great evil from being unleashed. Eyes will be opened, conspiracies will be revealed, and the fate of the Awakened of Langley Falls will be decided as a slumbering horror begins to stir..

Opening Credits Song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=FLx...&v=hBcXe2B97TQ

~ The Troupe ~

Tambov:

Epicjester:

Flinty:

Basic:

~ Map of Langley Falls ~

Harbor District

Residential District

Tourist District

Down Town

Off the Beaten Path

The Wilds

[work in progress]

~ Citizenry of Langley Falls ~

Gloria M. Calloway: 17 year old murder victim.

Lewis K. Calloway: Mayor of Langley Falls.

Diana Calloway: Gloria's mother.

[work in progress]
    Last edited by Dusksage; 02-04-2017, 08:34 AM. Reason: Project Cancled

• Flinty
    replied
    A shame, thanks for giving it a thought though

Leave a comment:

• Dusksage
    replied
    I'm sorry everyone, but I'm canceling this project. I've given it a lot of though and have concluded that I am still waaaaay out of my league to feel comfortable running a Mage the Awakening game. I cannot apologies enought to you all, and am sorry for having strung everyone along in the first place.

I hope you all are able to find games elsewhere that are much more successful and enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• Tambov
    replied
    Character sheet done. Still not sure about Aspirations.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...WI5TUh5WWhocDA

Leave a comment:

• Basic
    replied
    Character sheet Complete

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4u...ew?usp=sharing

Leave a comment:

• Epicjester
    replied
    Eh that's perfectly fine. STing can be stressful. Take your time and come back to us when you're ready. I'm not in much hurry.

Leave a comment:

• Dusksage
    replied
    I have to be honest here. I'm not sure if I can do this.

The last time I tried to run a Play by Post game I couldn't handle the stress of STing combined with the events that were transpiring at that time in my life, and it collapsed. There were a lot of good players in that game, just like there are here. And I don't want to put anyone through that ever again.

So, I'm pulling the breaks on this project for the time being. I need to re-evaluate exactly if I have the fortitude to run a Mage the Awakening 2nd Edition Chronicle, and exactly what kind of Chronicle that would be. I'll return at the beginning of February and either have a more solid ground for exactly what this Chonicle is going to be and what's to be expected of it from the player character perspective, or cancel the project out right.

I apologies again to everyone both from the beginning and new, you are all a good player base and have shown such creativity and promise from the character designs put forth so far. This is me getting my house in order so that I don't string anyone along into an unstable and unsustainable Chronicle, and I thank you all for the support that has been shown so far.

I promise I will keep you updated.

Leave a comment:

• Epicjester
    replied
    I wouldnt actually mind using Discord for fast communication myself. It would make some of the OOC talk easier.

Leave a comment:

• Silver_Smoulder
    replied
    See, I can if that'll be your final decision - but I kinda want to try playing someone who has mortal, Sleeper power - connections and money - who just got thrust into the Awakened world, where that ain't shit.

I'll fix up the background appropriately. Do you have a Skype or Discord that we can use for faster comms?

Leave a comment:

• Dusksage
    replied
    Silver_Smoulder, Would you be alright if we run with this idea except set it back to where she's the same age or a little older than Gloria? This is somewhat of a Mage origin story for all the characters, which is why none will have any connection to the Orders at the beginning of play, while the background presented appears more like it would be an already established Mage character. It will also mean her resources an influence will be limited, as will her talents. But it will add room for her to grow into the character you envisioned for her.

Also, her catalyst for Awakening needs to be Gloria's death. It's the single point all characters need to have in common.

Side Note: Would you also be able to post your character sheet through a different medium? I'm stuck using just my phone atm so I can't currently look at it.
    Last edited by Dusksage; 01-16-2017, 10:09 PM. Reason: Update

Leave a comment:

• Silver_Smoulder
    replied
    Okay, well, I ended up doing the full backstory. I can elaborate a bit on her pre-Awakened stuff, but I feel that's less important.

Character Sheet: https://www.scribd.com/document/336737293/Sinfonia

Background and Personality: http://pastebin.com/H6WpXTDE

Leave a comment:

• Epicjester
    replied
    I'm alright with you posting up my Awakening. I'll try and get the completed page to you soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• Dusksage
    replied
    Epicjester, Beats will be divied up after I update narrative points during a scene or when a scene concludes, and XP will be rewarded along with more Beats at the end of Chapters. As always, Condition & Dramatic Tension will yield Beats as well. Also, would you like me to post your charcater's Awakening as well. There are commonalities amongst the ones presented so far that I think will help with character creation.

Basic, I really like the idea of the 80's backyard scientist and see this aesthetic working very well for Langley Falls. Not only that, but we can work with that into the town's history as well and make Langley Falls have an annual Science Fair for the school districts that showcases both academic learning and the plentiful tourist destinations in Langley Falls for the students and parents. Gloria and your character could have been on the same team for the fair, and her friendship would have help your character explore the humanities as they relate to science as well. All I would ask is that her death plays a little but more of an active role in your charcater's Awakening. Just in a way that would compel them to potentially go into danger in order to find closure at the very least. That is the common thread that could lead the Troupe to become a true Cabal after all.

Silver_Smoulder, is there any more details about the character than that? The common thread is that she knew Gloria Calloway in some way and her death sparked her Awakening. There is the good start to a character there but I'll need to know a little more. In regards to burning Wisdom that is right out, your character will have just Awakened so they wouldn't have time to delve into dangerous practices. And if it says you can do that in the 2E core book without any pre-requisite then I see no reason not to use Singing as a Mudra.

Leave a comment:

• Silver_Smoulder
    replied
    So I'm definitely going for a rich woman who is both an artist and a patron to the arts, who owns her own performance space. I'll probably have her done by tonight.

Are you allowing burning Wisdom in exchange for XP, or is this not something 2e does?

Also, would you allow Expression: Singing as a Mudra for my spells?
    Last edited by Silver_Smoulder; 01-16-2017, 05:28 PM. Reason: Idea

Leave a comment:

• Basic
    replied
    Ok so I changed the character I first introduced a bit. So rather then going with the whole hacker bit. Would someone who is really into science like a back yard inventor someone playing with high power lasers in back yard. Gets in trouble for knocking out the power gird on his block things like that work ?

I so far lowered his hacking skill but kept it at 3 because I imagine him using it to hack into places to get research papers on stuff he wants to build or you know like 80's movies hacking into places to use there super computers to crunch numbers for him. This character mostly gets in trouble when he does things in the name of science. Like building a game app for the school but in reality it was apart of a science project he was doing. He keeps with science because he is pretty smart kid and when his sister died from cancer her saw that science was not advanced enough to save her so now he wants to advance science to make sure no one else has to watch someone die just because the science was not advanced enough yet.

So his connection to gloria I'm think is maybe they study to science together or she used him for tutoring. His awakening came when he was messing around with one of his science projects studying the strange energy field he swears his antenna array for his computer keeps picking up when strange things happen in town.

So with these changes I was hoping to get more of exploring the unknown with this character now. He is the type to see the strange and weird and drive head first in to try and figure it out.
    Last edited by Basic; 01-16-2017, 02:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X