No announcement yet.

[OOC] [Awakening 2E] To the Strongest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exthalion With Momentary Flux you pose a suggestion as a player, like "Would Perfect Sympathy be a suitable spell," and you'll learn if it would be a good or bad option. You still need to come up with a possibility yourself, at least until you get Time 4 and Prophecy is on the table.

2E Legacy Updates
    Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
    Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
    Storm Keepers

Comment

• Does "Would offering some of the Time spells I can cast be likely to be accepted in place of maintaining one" work?
      Last edited by Exthalion; 03-16-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Yeah that's fine.

Tambov Imhotep, being a Weret-Hekau and educated Egyptian, can roll Intelligence+Academics to get some info about that henet the Shadow mentioned. Or any other mythic stuff that eluded you.

Also good use of Greek roots by Unbound, haha

2E Legacy Updates
        Storm Keepers

Comment

• Okay, so I've set up a telepathic link to be able to post this: what is our negotiation strategy, actually? Do we agree to the terms? I mean. the blessings notwithstanding, the sheer blood expenditure would mean that worst-case scenario at least some of us are 4 lethal damage down. That's before whatever we will find in the ruins and before the way back to the town. Given the limited supply of healing equipment I was thinking we either suggest they drink from someone else (like camels or people hired specifically for this purpose) or agree to the Permanent spell condition.

There is also the question: is lying allowed? We could probably try to cross them (it's probable they won't try to pursue us far from their haven) or make them enter an unfavorable contract. Also, we could gain something from using Withstood Mind magic, but there is always a chance that this will fail, they'll take offense and the deal will be effectively off the table.

What do you think?

Comment

• Lying is allowed. You can enter into a contract in bad faith- this isn't a Fate oath, as far as you know, and it might be wise not to advertise that you can magically bind promises. It would be safer if you knew whether the Shadows have supernatural or mundane means of detecting lies.

2E Legacy Updates
            Storm Keepers

Comment

• I was more about to ask the group if we potentially accept lies/Mind control as a legitimate negotiation strategy, but thanks for the advice.

Comment

• Worst case scenario, we are really good at skipping town. I can burn all the sympathetic bridges behind us and colocate to teleport away. Like to Greece or Persia.

Now, as for acting in bad faith: Khvarenha is opposed to lying for religious reasons.

Comment

• There is our bargaining tool Fate can lift curses, especially fate 4. If you could see the master and look at his fate you might be able to talk intelligently of the curse and tell him that you could try to life it but then it would cost them and flip the tables.

Fate could also try and force them into doing stuff for us, but that is a tricky thing.

Comment

• This is either an old vampire or a mummy. Walking in, essentially naked, means we should not try anything right now.

However, we don't actually need them. We need something with a sympathetic link OR enough of a description that we could find things. Once we have those we can either co-locate there directly, or go out into the desert where there are no witnesses and use magic to move really fast or teleport in steps toward it.

Comment

• Keep in mind that you don't know where the Hand is. Everyone you've asked so far has never heard of it. There are ways around that, but all you've got right now is "it's to the south somewhere in a massive expanse of uncharted desert." It's needle in a million haystacks territory without some kind of guide.

2E Legacy Updates
                      Storm Keepers

Comment

• Exthalion forgot to mention, roll Manipulation+Empathy-2 if you want him to open up about what he's lost. You can edit it into your last post.

2E Legacy Updates
                        Storm Keepers

Comment

• Just to avoid long strings of one line of dialog in the IC:

I am going to offer to use some of my Time 1 powers to do things like look into the past of the vamp or the mummy and based on that perhaps some Space to find particular objects.

Comment

• Is there anything I can do to help move this along?

Comment

• Strife can hop down into the tunnel as well if you like, I don't want to leave you hanging. I assume he's heard what's being said out loud. And because of how Unbound cast his spell, Strife will be able to join the telepathy if he stands inside the circle of herbs, which he could very well do by accident.

2E Legacy Updates
                              Storm Keepers

Comment

• I hope that you do not mid me getting creative with my spells and coming up with new uses for the spell. I figure that a durability 2 Skin tight case of hardend shadows could hold a very strong being as they do not have room to push their strength. If you rule that the use of Shadow Crafting as an attack spell with give it a withstand then I will use the Charmed Condition on me to turn the successes into exceptional success and bypass withstand.

Comment

Working...
                                X