No announcement yet.

[OOC] [Awakening 2E] To the Strongest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, okay, I was kind of expecting you would make a counteroffer or something, not attack the dude the other PCs were negotiating with. I'll reply later today once I'm free.

Also reminder that Khvarenah had Time Sight up, which lets him react to things a second before they happen. He can jump in with a reflexive action or other quick response if he likes.

Also, roll a Clash of Wills for Shadow Crafting.
    Last edited by Caladriu; 03-20-2017, 04:18 PM.

2E Legacy Updates
    Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
    Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
    Storm Keepers

Comment

• My spell was countered, but that was my Han Solo in carbonite spell.

Comment

• If I threw up a space ban in place to seal off the area, would that have prevented Strife's magic since he wouldn't have any sort of line of sight or effect and wouldn't know what was going on inside?

Edit:
        Hardwire99
        I think you have a mistaken idea about what is going on.

The priests in the main temple are performing their usual nightly ritual. That is the source of the chanting.

The secret room only as the sleeping mummy and the embraced as a child vampire with whom we are negotiating. The room is under the main sanctuary.
        Last edited by Exthalion; 03-20-2017, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Yeah Exthalion has it (broadly) right, I'm sorry if I've been describing the situation poorly.

There'd be time to cast Ban or another action between the darkvision spell and the shadowcrafting spell. The threat that you have someone who can and will control shadows could give you leverage. Or if anyone wants to amend their action, that's an option too.

2E Legacy Updates
          Storm Keepers

Comment

• As I understand the situation the priest are finishing their morning rituals and this is the morning of the third day and that when they are finished then they will be about their morning business such as their studies which include going into the study room that we are currently in. The tunnel is where we are currently, to my understanding, and that we haven't entered the room under the temple yet. the Vampire stands in our way.

So we are on a time table.

Read this post again

The way I see it is if we capture the Vampire(s), which the hardened shadows had a real chance of doing and then we force him/them to do what we need them to do. To bargain with them to give them blood is ridiculous. Someone will be taking 2L wounds a day just to live up to this bargain. Or we give them some other boon. Now forcing someone to do our bidding isn't the best answer but to sit here and bargain with our blood isn't the way either. If I am reading the post that I copied correctly we have a limited time.
            Last edited by Hardwire99; 03-20-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardwire99 View Post
              As I understand the situation the priest are finishing their morning rituals and this is the morning of the third day and that when they are finished then they will be about their morning business such as their studies which include going into the study room that we are currently in. The tunnel is where we are currently, to my understanding, and that we haven't entered the room under the temple yet. the Vampire stands in our way.

So we are on a time table.

Read this post again

The way I see it is if we capture the Vampire(s), which the hardened shadows had a real chance of doing and then we force him/them to do what we need them to do. To bargain with them to give them blood is ridiculous. Someone will be taking 2L wounds a day just to live up to this bargain. Or we give them some other boon. Now forcing someone to do our bidding isn't the best answer but to sit here and bargain with our blood isn't the way either. If I am reading the post that I copied correctly we have a limited time.
              I can colocate. We can just walk back into the room we are renting from here.

Comment

• That is if we do not stand around all day giving away our blood. The point is that we do not have alot of time.

We need to move this along.

Comment

• TIme 1: Divination
                  1 Reach Specific Questions
                  "Travel in which direction to the limits of my ability to colocate will take me closest to the hand?"

Space 3: Colocate

Repeat as needed.

This negotiation is to get a better fix on the location because that is expensive and time-consuming since every Colocate costs a mana and I only have Time 1 so have to ritual cast Divination to avoid Paradox.

Edit: We can continue without me doing magic in the IC. I got 0 successes on the spell casting roll once I remembered that a dedicated tool counts against the reflexive yantra.

Khaverna is still mad about risking Nemesis though.
                  Last edited by Exthalion; 03-21-2017, 02:44 AM.

Comment

• Not to mention that you would need to effect a minimum of 6 people, 1 wolf, 6 camels and all of the gear.

Comment

• Sorry for the delay y'all. If someone wants to offer the alternative terms discussed, go for it. You can also just kill and loot some vampires if you want, although they do have the homefield advantage. I encourage you to check in this thread before doing anything rash.

Woland BTW, you guys do have torches with you because you bought some at the market as part of the supply run. If we go into initiative time, lighting one takes an action.

Oh yeah: if you guys go the Colocation desert-jumping route, you may want to decide what you're gonna do about Asyut and whether you want to bring him at all. Non-Mages tend to get antsy when you teleport them.
                      Last edited by Caladriu; 03-22-2017, 02:00 AM.

2E Legacy Updates
                      Storm Keepers

Comment

• I succeeded in the the Wits+Crafts roll to know the significance of the room layout. Also would you allow this spell using using Creative Thaumaturgy. If we are going to do magic in the desert then I think we should at least prepare the sleepers to witness magic safely. It is a death version of the prime Stealing Fire.

I do not see the link when you say this thread.

Splice Soul (Death ●●●)
                        Practice: Weaving
                        Primary Factor: Duration
                        Withstand: Resolve
                        Suggested Rote Skills: Intimidate, Medicine, Occult.
                        For the duration of this spell the mage can splice a sliver of his soul onto that of a Living soul. The target must be a sleeper and for the duration of this spell he temporarily becomes a sleepwalker with all that entails. Any breaking points due to witnessing magic and Quiescence effects the subject would normally suffer are held in abeyance until the spell’s Duration expires, only to come crashing down all at once when the spell ends.
                        +1 Reach: As long as the spell’s Duration lasts, its wielder may spend one point of Mana at any time to “recharge” this effect, and the sleeper remains a sleepwalker.

Comment

• I keep wanting to highlight important words in my posts, Legend of Zelda style. When you enter a hidden chamber, your controller will vibrate.

Originally posted by Hardwire99 View Post
                          Splice Soul (Death ●●●)
                          Practice: Weaving
                          Primary Factor: Duration
                          Withstand: Resolve
                          Suggested Rote Skills: Intimidate, Medicine, Occult.
                          For the duration of this spell the mage can splice a sliver of his soul onto that of a Living soul. The target must be a sleeper and for the duration of this spell he temporarily becomes a sleepwalker with all that entails. Any breaking points due to witnessing magic and Quiescence effects the subject would normally suffer are held in abeyance until the spell’s Duration expires, only to come crashing down all at once when the spell ends.
                          +1 Reach: As long as the spell’s Duration lasts, its wielder may spend one point of Mana at any time to “recharge” this effect, and the sleeper remains a sleepwalker.
                          Nah, granting people magic stuff is under Prime for a reason. However, with his Occult (Five-Part Soul) specialty, Strife knows that some Weret-Hekau have experimented with removing a Sleepwalker's soul and grafting it onto a Sleeper whose soul has also been removed. That's something a Death mage could try, assuming you could find a Sleepwalker and didn't care about your Wisdom too much.

2E Legacy Updates
                          Storm Keepers

Comment

• Wisdom who needs it anyway, but noted. So something of a soul swap spell,

Comment

• Who were you saying never do that again to and referring to what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardwire99 View Post
                                Who were you saying never do that again to and referring to what?
                                Strife, saying to never go half cocked into the middle of a negotiation again. Just because he is frustrated does not mean he can flip the table and hold people at spearpoint. That isn't how negotiation works and it shows tremendous disrespect to the rest of the "party" who are not expecting it.
                                Last edited by Exthalion; 03-23-2017, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X