Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strife: Death Scribe of Anpu - The Hand of Death – His Lords Warrior
    Path: Moros | Darshanas: Vajrastra | Great Cult: Weret-Hekau
    Mage Sight: Peripheral | Spells Controlled (2/3): Know the Shadows, Shadow Crafting | Conditions: Informed, Inspired.
    Spells Cast On Him:
    Health: LOOOOOOO | Willpower: 6/6 | Hekau: 9/12 (3)

Gear: Crafting Gear (+2), Mace (Dedicated Magic Tool), 4 Javelins (In back sheath), Medical Supplies
    Death Sacraments, Fate Sacraments.

Listening to the conversation he decides that this is getting them nowhere fast and he jumps down into the Tunnel. He thinks of a spell that will allow him to know there everything is in the darkness. Forming the Imago in his mind he thinks of the shadows outlining everything in the area the shadows are thick and where there is an absence of shadow there must be something their. As the Spell takes effect He expends the Inspired Condition that is upon him from Fate and pushes the spell to exceptional heights. He can see everyone and everything in the tunnels and all the rooms attached to the tunnels.

Knowing where everyone is he now senses the Shadow that stands between them and their goal. Once again he calls upon the imago, this time it is a spell that he knows well. He imagines the shadows solidifying and encasing his subject. As the spell finishes the Shadow is encased in shadows, covering every inch of the Shadow Creature from head to toe in solid air tight shadow. Controlling the thickness around the head to be thinner than the rest so that the creature can still hear me, it will be muffled but he can still hear. Strife will join his companions in the circle.

"I believe that I have neutralized the Creature for now but we must hurry before the Priests finish their chanting."

Creative Thaumaturgy
    Know the Shadows (Death •)
    Practice: Knowing
    Primary Factor: Duration
    Withstand: Resolve
    Suggested Rote Skills: Investigation, Occult, Subterfuge.
    The shadows belong to the Death mage and with this spell you cannot hide within them. The subject of this spell can sense with clarity anything that touches the shadows within an area. By sensing the absence of shadow he knows where everything is. This will remove the effects of the Low Light Condition from the subject. The area is centered on the subject and moves with him as he walks. Subtract the potency from stealth attempts make to hide in the shadows, and if someone is actively trying to hide in the shadows they can Withstand using Resolve. Anything moving through the area of effect faster than a walk just leaves a streak through the shadows.
    +1 Reach: With this reach the subject knows the physical dimension of anything in the spells area, as the shadows cling to the object outlining every curve, crease, fold.

Actions
    Rote/Praxis/Improvised Imago: Know the Shadows (Death •)
    Dice Pool: 3 (Gnosis) + 3 (Arcane) +1 (Yantras) = 7 dice pool.
    Reaches: Free Reaches: 3, Reaches used: 3 (1 to move to instant casting, 1 to change spell to Advanced Duration , 1 to change spell to Advanced Scale.)
    Yantras used: (Mace +1)

Results: Know the Shadows: 7d10h8 4: Success, use Inspired Condition to make it an Exceptional Success removing withstand.

Ending Spell Factors:
    Potency: 1
    Duration: 1 Week (Primary)
    Scale: Large house or building
    Range: Self
    Hekau Cost: 0
    Willpower Cost: 0
    Withstand Trait: None
    Casting Time: 1 Turn.
    Desired Effect: Outline everything that is touched by shadows to get the outline of the tunnels and those in the tunnels.

Rote: Shadow Crafting (Death •••)
    Dice Pool: 3 (Gnosis) + 3 (Arcane) +1 (Yantras) +3 (Willpower) +X (+1 /extra casting time interval) = XX dice pool.
    Reaches: Free Reaches: 3, Reaches used: X (1 to move to instant casting, 1 to change spell to Advanced Duration, 1 to change spell to Sensory.)
    Yantras used: (Mace +1)

Results: Shadow Crafting: 7d10h8 2: Success

Ending Spell Factors:
    Potency: 1
    Duration: 1 Week (Primary)
    Scale: 1 person
    Range: Sensory
    Hekau Cost: 0
    Willpower Cost: 0
    Withstand Trait: None, If it is ruled that there is a withstand associated with using the spell as attack then I will use the Charmed condition to turn this into an Exceptional Success to remove withstand.
    Casting Time: 1 turn.
    Desired Effect: Turn the shadows that surround the Vampire into a solid skin tight shell covering his entire body encasing him in the Hardened shadows. Think of Hon Solo encased in the Carbonite.
    Last edited by Hardwire99; 03-20-2017, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Unbound: Greek Binder of Daevas
      Mage Sight: Peripheral | Conditions: Informed, Inspired (Negotiations)| Spells: none
      Health: OOOOOOO | Willpower: 8/8 | Mana: 9/12

(All of this assumes that nothing interrupts Strife's plan)

In the all-consuming darkness of the tombs, Strife's footsteps can be heard more clearly, but his surprise entrance made some impression on Unbound nonetheless. Assuming from the sudden bursts of magic that the Egyptian scribe attacked the Shadow creature, he is less than pleased.

"What in the BLAZES of Tartarus was that, exactly? I mean, as much as I appreciate silencing this sneaky bastard, now we have to destroy all of them. I don't think they'll let it slide, and from what we've seen they are a wicked and vengeful lot."

Not waiting for the answer he unsheathes his sword, making careful steps to be ready to strike at any moment. He is looking for anything that could serve as a makeshift torch or other source of light. If he finds it and manages to ignite it (such as with a flint) he will look around the chambers to find anything that could either be of help in the journey or might contain some knowledge on these strange creatures.

Comment

Imhotep, scribe-physician of Anubis
        Sorcerous Sight: Peripheral | Conditions: Charmed, Steadfast(?), Team Player, Dead Certain, -1 Dex till dawn day 4| Spells: none
        Health: OOOOOOO | Willpower: 4/6 | Hekau: 9/11 (2)
        Gear: Writing utensils [Academics, Enigmas] (+1), Matter & Life Sacraments

Urbi, emissary of Anubis (???)
        Conditions: Familiar, Resonant, Open, Fettered
        Corpus: OOOOOO | Health: OOOOOO | Willpower: 8/8 | Essence: 6/15

Feeling sorcery flashing on his periphery, Imhotep opens his Sight again.

"What? Stop!"

He disrupts the Hekau swirls surrounding Strife (or at least, attempts to).

Opening Sight to all ruling Arcana.

Countering Shadow Crafting, spending 1 Hekau to attempt and 1 Willpower: Gnosis 2 + Death 2 + WP 3 = 7d10h8: 4
        Last edited by Tambov; 03-20-2017, 04:42 PM.

Simurgh, Mysterium Thyrsus in Mountains of Shadow (IC|OOC)

Comment

Mage Sight: Peripheral | Spells Controlled (1/3): Know the Shadows.| Conditions: Charmed, Informed.
          Spells Cast On Him:
          Health: LOOOOOOO | Willpower: 5/6 | Hekau: 9/12 (3)

Gear: Crafting Gear (+2), Mace (Dedicated Magic Tool), 4 Javelins (In back sheath), Medical Supplies

Speaking aloud "This is not the one you need to be negotiating with he is the lowest of the shadows. He is put her to befuddle the weak. If he will not take us to the one that can deal then he will be removed from the road as any droppings should be. You sit here treating his as your better when the priest near the end of their prays. " speaking with telepathy "you have one more chance to get him to deal or move aside."

Still looking around with his Know the shadows spell, he will pinpoint the rest of the Vampires in the lower complex.

Clash of Wills: 9d10h8 2 his spell was blocked. spent 1 willpower on the Clash of Wills. Since you cancelled the spell before I cast it I didn't spend the charmed condition to bless the spell.

The spell has an area of a large building it should cover the underground area, or most of it.
          Last edited by Hardwire99; 03-20-2017, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Strife descends down into the tunnel and opens his eyes to the shadows. He does this so well, in fact, that he recovers 1 Mana. He then attempts to bind the Shadow-creature in its own dark aura, only to be countered successfully by Imhotep.

Strife sees the subtleties of the shadows obscuring the hidden chamber. The narrow brick tunnel is lined with notches and carved signs that seem to have ritual significance. At the end of the tunnel is a low square room with more elaborate carvings on the solid stone walls. There may be painted details and colors that the shadows still obscure. Strife recognizes on the far end of the wall a carved stone mural depicting the same scene that he meditated before in the temple proper: Set, standing proud on the solar barge of Ra, spearing the serpent Apophis to protect his lord. There are also several clay jars mounted on little altars, a scroll repository set into the wall, and heavy wooden chests for storage.

At the center of the low room, some 30 yards away from you down the narrow tunnel, is a raised altar (or sarcophagus?) surrounded by heavy curtains. Perhaps the master sleeps here. There are three unmarked stone sarcophagi on the packed earth floor, flanking the central curtained one.

Closer to the group, Strife feels that the boy Shadow is clinging to the ceiling behind them, wearing the darkness like a cloak and mask. He seethes:

"Enough of this. Terms have been offered. Will you do business, or shall we withdraw our hospitality?"

Accept/Decline the terms originally presented? Or present an alternative? The Shadow is getting antsy.

Strife can roll Wits+Crafts (Architecture) to assess the significance of this room if he likes, this is in his area of expertise.

2E Legacy Updates
            Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
            Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
            Storm Keepers

Comment

Mage Sight: Peripheral | Spells Controlled (1/3): Know the Shadows | Conditions: Charmed, Informed.
              Spells Cast On Him:
              Health: LOOOOOOO | Willpower: 5/6 | Hekau: 10/12 (3)

In the telepathy he says this "Offer him our assistance in finding the scroll and reliquary that he needs to raise the master and tell him that we can see if we can aid the master before we leave, I will not freely offer the blood of me of my wife to this shadow, or any member of the Caravan for that matter."

Strife has his hand on his weapon as he looks up at the boy smiling "I am a master of the darkness boy. You can not hide from me within. This substance that you play with is but a parlor trick.". He continues to look around the space under the temple recognizing the layout of the chamber beyond.

Wits+Craft: 5d10h8 2 = Success, I have succeeded in knowing something of the significance of this space.

BTW I was looking at the posts since day 3 and this scene began and I spent the Inspired during this scene but I do not see where you counted it in our total for arcane Beats. This was my first one this scene.
              Last edited by Hardwire99; 03-24-2017, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Sorcerous Sight: Active (Death, Life, Matter) | Conditions: Charmed, Steadfast(?), Team Player, Dead Certain, -1 Dex till dawn day 4| Spells: none
                Health: OOOOOOO | Willpower: 3/6 | Hekau: 8/11 (2)

I can offer him my blood, I can accelarate my recovery so it won't cause a problem. If we offer finding the scroll in addition to blood, we could ask him to tell us everything he knows about his master.

Comment

Strife picks up on some of the details from his architectural training. Kemet had been under Persian rule for some 2 centuries before Alexander drove them out a few years ago, and the temple and town of Hibis were constructed early in this Persian period. What's strange is that the low chamber ahead of you matches the architectural style of a much earlier era, as far back as the New Kingdom of one thousand years ago. The design of this place is quite unlike the rest of the Hibis temple above it. It suggests that this place came first, and the temple was built later.

Also notable is the system of regular notches and designs carved into the stone walls. They are cracked and eroded, remains of a bygone era. He's heard of hidden chambers with patterns like this before in especially ancient temples and guildhalls, places with a subtle but potent Sekhem that eludes Awakened senses. The more senior Weret-Hekau of Abydos, City of Tombs, know the most about these hidden chambers. All Strife knows for sure is that they are highly dangerous and have a way of attracting monsters and other unworthies. No wonder the Greek tomb-robbers broke in.

I think you're right- I'll get caught up on the A-Beats and bookkeeping stuff later.

2E Legacy Updates
                  Storm Keepers

Comment

Khvarenah: Wandering Chaldean Astrologer
                    Mage Sight: Peripheral | Conditions: Charmed, Informed, Inspired, Illuminated, Star-Crossed, Steadfast| Spells: Exceptional Luck, Shifting the Odds
                    Health: OOOOOOO | Willpower: 8/8 | Mana: 12/15
                    Gear: Clay Tablet [academics] (+2), Fate & Space Sacraments

The Persian was angry. He had risked miscreation to turn aside the new thorns growing like weeds from Strife and cut off the futures they portended. Worse, he had failed and another did what should have been his task.

"Here is my counteroffer. I will recover this scroll for you. In exchange, you will guide us to the hand, not interfere with what we do there, and permit us to discuss a matter of importance with your master. If blood is absolutely necessary for you there are options we are willing to consider. Should you value the remainder of your reliquary I will hear offers on your part for their retrieval as well.

If you should happen to have a piece of the place of the hand or some deep attachment to it, that might be sufficient for our purposes, but I make no promises until I know if it is worth anything to us.

How does this sound to you?
                    "

Khvarenah had not felt this vulnerable since he fled Iskander. Though he had never worn armor, for years he had clothed himself in ever thicker layers of good fortune and lucky chance. Now Strife put them all at risk, when he was the one who stood before the miscreated wretch and stood to be the first to fall to its knives. How dare he! How dare he treat Khvarenah as scenery for his grand performance, swooping in as if he were some god or hero-king.

Never do that again. If you had misjudged or failed we might have died or suffered great harm. Your vanity and frustration are not worth our safety.Merely to prevent the damage you did from being worse has cost us already, and now you compound it with braggadocio! Unless you have power to dictate terms entire, and you do not because we do not know all of what we need or they have, such threats as that raise walls against our arguments and make the task harder than it already was.
                    Last edited by Exthalion; 03-23-2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Now we're gettin' somewhere. The Shadow replies:

"The Scroll of Going Forth by Night is most precious. We will not discuss the remainder."

"The blood cannot be denied. No contract or oath can overcome our Great Oath to Sutekh: blood for life. Payment for service. But you are cunning men. Help us hunt in the Red Land, and we need not drink of you."

"We will guide you truly and let you do as you will. The master may know of the Hand of U'mat, but he does not speak while in henet. If you have a way of speaking to him, you may try. But anyone who would enter the inner chamber must honor our hospitality by drinking the black wine."

The voice of Cruelty whispers in Unbound's ear: "the fat old tick isn't dead. he's dreaming."

The Shadow suggests modified terms. Accept/Decline?
                      • Greater Request: Retainer 3 for the Term. Will assist in combat and act as secondary actor in travel rolls. An audience with the master will be granted, to the extent possible.
                      • 2 Medial Costs: Someone (Imhotep?) must assist with a hunting roll each night to feed on animals, and/or offer their own blood on a failure. Khvarenah will recover the Scroll.
                      • Medial Term: You must return to Hibis and recover the Scroll by Day 28. The order doesn't matter, but they both need to happen.
                      • Medial Forfeiture: If you do not meet the terms, the Shadows will tell their network throughout Kemet that you are enemies and oathbreakers.

2E Legacy Updates
                      Storm Keepers

Comment

Mage Sight: Peripheral | Spells Controlled (1/3): Know the Shadows | Conditions: Charmed, Informed.
                        Spells Cast On Him:
                        Health: LOOOOOOO | Willpower: 5/6 | Hekau: 10/12 (3)

Thinking to the rest of the group 'The terms now seem acceptable to me and as long as the rest of you find them acceptable we can rap this up. Neither death nor harm would have happened as the spell I was casting would have hardened the very shadows around him and he would not have been able to move, the safety of the group is always foremost on my mind. The negotiations were happening to slowly we have more to worry about than this boy. My actions did not harm the negotiations, The term remained unchanged until the offer to find the scroll, which I suggested, you taking on that task as your task was your Idea and not forced upon you by the situation. And what you call Braggadocio it tactics in negotiations as you let them know that they do not hold all of the power at the table. So do not presume to be my better and order me as you would a servant.'

Comment

Unbound: Greek Binder of Daevas
                          Mage Sight: Peripheral | Conditions: Informed, Inspired (Negotiations)| Spells: none
                          Health: OOOOOOO | Willpower: 8/8 | Mana: 9/12
                          Enough of this. He "said" to Khvarenah and Strife. We can argue all day *after* we leave the lair of a blood-drinking, shadow-commanding monster. For now, let's accept its terms and move on. I will keep an eye on him, and if he tries anything we'll see how immortal it is with a sword in its heart.

"Tell me, Shadow" he is trying to face the direction from which its voice was last heard "What this Scroll is actually used for? How does it look? Do you have any idea how did these <<robbers>> look, how did they find you or where they were headed? I will not force you to answer, but it might be wise if you want this artfiact returned."

You know anything useful about this creature? If yes, speak, if you don't do me a favor and shut up - he said to Cruelty

Comment

Sorcerous Sight: Active (Death, Life, Matter) | Conditions: Charmed, Steadfast(?), Team Player, Dead Certain, -1 Dex till dawn day 4| Spells: none
                            Health: OOOOOOO | Willpower: 3/6 | Hekau: 8/11 (2)

Khvarenah, do you feel we can do this within a month? If so, we can accept.

Comment

Working...
                            X