No announcement yet.

[OOC] [Changeling: the Lost] What Lies Beneath

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking in the Kiths and trying to figure out what I am doing, I do not see what i was hoping to see. I was looking at making a Leprechaun but I do not see Leprechauns, are they not part of the Changeling Creatures, I just may have the wrong concept of what this game is about. I see Ogres and that may be fun to play.

Comment

Yeah, you won't necessarily find a specific kith named Leprechaun in Changeling the Lost. They moved in a more modular direction, so each Seeming (Ogre, Wizened, etc) is a very broad archetype, that you "flavor" using the Kiths.

So a Flamesiren could appear similar to what we call a phoenix, succubus, djinn/ifrit (even though there is another kith specifically named for Ifrits), seraph, etc. Whatever you can imagine that hits those general themes of fire and beauty

Comment

I'd ask anyone willing to play to (substantially) complete their characters within seven days from now (until the end of March 30th) and squeeze it into this character sheet, then post it for everyone to see on a websiteor service such as Google Drive. Thanks!

Comment

I don't think I can read enogh of the rules by then

Comment

It's not like you need *all* of them. If you can, you should read some stuff from the corebook about what the game, the Courts and Seemings are generally about. It'd be helpful to familiarize yourself a little with the Lexicon. A lot of rules- and lore-heavy stuff is quite specific and not every character needs it (not at a start, anyway). No one is going to hold it against you if you don't know how Lesser pledges exactly work,or what a Hobgoblin contract is. I can always tell you that on the fly, assuming you will need this and you should know this, IC. Give it a try is all I am saying.

Oh, and (all prospective players) remember that where character creation from the book and from the document I linked to earlier is different, the latter is binding.

Comment

I still plan on giving it the old college try, i just don't know that I will make it.

I have been working 13+ hour days for a while and no Network engineering isn't physically demanding, it is mentally stressful and sometimes that is worse.

Comment

Reading through the Kiths and the Seemings, I like the Seeming: Elemental, and the Kith: Maker. I know that it steps away from the original idea but I think this could work for me. So I think I need to look at a concept and then the contracts to see what fits. My question is, are we going with a Court from the material or where the Kings listed in the Opening Post the courts that are available.

I still have alot of reading to do and still not solid on how a Kith and Seeming work together, and I did't see anything in the 2e playtest material that talks about a Seeming Curse, Seeming Blessing, triggers and frailties. So time to look in the 1e books to see what I can glean from them.

Comment

Seeming Curse and Blessing should be in the Seeming writeup, and I can find them for you if not.

Comment

Thanks if I can't find them then I will let you know.

Comment

The one thing that's confusing me is Contracts. Do I spend dots on the individual spells or do I buy the whole Contract type and get every spell up to that level of dots? This is especially confusing with General Contracts.

Comment

Are we using the 2e General Contracts? I thought we were using the 1e ones since we're also (I think) using the Seeming and Court ones from 1e.

Comment

This is the only thing that I find under Seeming, nothing about a Curse or blessings.

Beast: You escaped using animal instinct. There's a bit of humanity you're not getting back, but
                          that was the price you paid for freedom. You're not quite human, but neither is anyone else.

Darkling: You were able to sneak out of Arcadia by embracing dark roads and ruthless choices.
                          Darkness is your ally, but you've been hiding so long you might not like who you are in the light.

Elemental: You gave in to the raw forces of nature, becoming less and more at the same time.
                          As part of the elements, you found escape, but surrendered something human along the way.

Fairest: When you realized what you’d lost and what you still had, you chose not just to grasp it,
                          but to make use of the potential of others. You didn’t just escape – you learned how to cut a path.

Ogre: You suffered pain and burdens. You suffered whips and chains. You suffered in your
                          flesh until your flesh couldn’t bear it. And what was left? Wouldn’t break. You tore your own
                          way out

Wizened: You were taken for a task and did it well. You did it often. You did what you do,
                          despite an unruly unreality that unmade you piece by piece. Luckily, you know how to rebuild.

Comment

Honestly, I am not aware of different 2ed Contract mechanics, so if you could get them to my attention I'd appreciate it. Until then however, Contracts behave like any other supernatural power and you buy the dots separately.

Comment

Sorry I will have to pass on this as i will not get the reading and character done in time. I do not want to hold the game up for others I try and wrap my mind around this game. I think I will hold off until the 2e books are done to try a game of Changeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Woland View Post
                                Honestly, I am not aware of different 2ed Contract mechanics, so if you could get them to my attention I'd appreciate it. Until then however, Contracts behave like any other supernatural power and you buy the dots separately.
                                2e ones don't act exactly like 1e ones; they don't strictly come as 1-5 dot ranges where every dot is a new power, often coming as each Contract being its own power made stronger by more dots.
                                If we're using the 2e general Contracts in addition to 1e Court and Seeming Contracts that's okay, but it may be a little odd blending these two types.

Comment

Working...
                                X