Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [OOC] [Innocents] Through Darkness

Through Darkness

This is the Out of Character thread for discussing our chronicles. We will discuss characters and thematic concepts here, as well as any issues that come up during gameplay.

Children are the most honest beings in our world. Children won't lie to you about the things they see. Unfortunately, adults don't often taken them seriously.

You will each be pulled beyond the veil that hides the monsters from humanity. Your innocence will be tainted. Welcome to the World of Darkness.

You are children, beginning aged 12 - 14, living in the sleepy town of Solemn Falls. In the current year, Solemn Falls isn't a frequented town by travelers. It's twenty miles from the next big Washington state city. The town's inhabitants are mainly middle to upper-class people, and a quarter of them are eccentrics. This is a town where people might choose to retire in, or raise a family.

Things to note is that Solemn Falls is home to a gentleman's society known as the Spalding Society. There are also tenured artists that put on exhibits three times a year, usually spear-headed by the uncannily talented artist known as James Abramovic, who also teaches at the local youth club.

There is an immense wooded area northwest of the town where the daring like to camp out. A portion of the woodland is a nature preserve, run by a group of native american shamans that tend to keep to themselves. It is known that one of them is a government official trying to move up in office.

The city has an older sewer systems with expansive tunnels that run throughout downtown, and somewhat through the city suburbs. It's rumored that some of these tunnels lead to paths not marked on any of the woodlands maps. Explore if you've got the guts for it.

Players (full)
    1. TheHouse
    2. Marcmanonlyme
    3. Shawarbaaz (Arby)
    4. Horace Tabor

IC Thread
    Last edited by Doggo; 07-06-2017, 09:41 AM.

That's new, never seen anyone trying to start an Innocents game before, count me in

Comment

I'm phlegmthemandragon from Reddit, I'd still love to join!

Comment

Hi there, I contacted you in Reddit, I can't subscribe but here I am retiring for duty

Comment

Hey House, Marc. I added you to the list. I'm going to give our third time to show up. If not, I'll move forward with another player.

Comment

Hey fellas. What's happening? Let's get some conversation going. What theme and mood should I story start as, and what characters do you want to play?

Shawarbaaz, I'll add you to the roster. Our third has yet to respond, so count yourself in.

Comment

I'd prefer a good opposition of themes, horror mixed with a bit of lightness and dark humor. Using the backgrounds, I want to play a "Witty Wannabe Writer."

Comment

You got ahead of me on the Witty Wannabe Writer!! XD ok ok, then I am interested on the brat/bully with a golden heart. I am also up for the horror theme, but I would like to see also some coming of age and/or blurring of line between fantasy and reality, you know the kind of story that makes you wonder if the Pan is real or imagined, or if the killing clown does exist or not.

Comment

Awesome, fellas. This is some good information to jump off of.
                  Do you fellas need access to any books? We will be playing 2E, so we'll have Chronicles of Darkness corebook and also the Innocents book. We'll convert on the fly where needed. If you have any questions about something in Innocents, please outreach to me.
                  Also, if you PM me your Discord, I can set you up on a server and we can contact each other easier that way. We are, of course, playing by post over an IC thread on this forum.

Shawarbaaz , are you in or no?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggo View Post
                    Awesome, fellas. This is some good information to jump off of.
                    Do you fellas need access to any books? We will be playing 2E, so we'll have Chronicles of Darkness corebook and also the Innocents book. We'll convert on the fly where needed. If you have any questions about something in Innocents, please outreach to me.
                    Also, if you PM me your Discord, I can set you up on a server and we can contact each other easier that way. We are, of course, playing by post over an IC thread on this forum.

Shawarbaaz , are you in or no?

Oh sorry, I didn't notice that this thread updated

Comment

And of concept, I think I'm going to play a highly intelligent African-American girl (or boy) who comes from a low-income family but is a chess prodigy, and is somewhat nationally famous because of that (and a little controversial, considering the current state of affairs...)

Comment

Good morning folks!
                        Shawarbaaz , marcmanonlyme , and TheHouse , have you started making characters yet? Do you guys need anything from me?
                        Last edited by Doggo; 06-16-2017, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Good morning everyone! I'm just posting in the hopes of keeping the dream alive, haha.

Comment

Hey there! Has the game started yet and if not are you still taking players?

Comment

Sorry, been really busy at work the past few days, I've got a bit more work to do on my character, I should have it ready soon. Sorry. Still excited about this game!

Comment

Working...
                              X