Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Play By Post] What Lurks Beneath The Waves IC Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Mr Fluffy wanders off into the various items that accumulate on a ships deck and disappears.

    Hope's Last Gasp, on the other hand, stays stubborn. "I can help."

    Comment


    • #17
      Brilliant Snow Crow looks back as the stubborn little girl refuses to board the Mollusk and turns around to return to her.

      "Captain, it looks like we are in a difficult situation. But seeing as I am also capable of contributing to the fight, let's say we just prepare ourselves to board them to take them down?"

      Taking up his sanxian like a club, he gives it a few practice twirls as it spins gracefully in his hands, and the speed and movement of the instrument looks like they have considerable force behind them despite moving as if they were dancing in the air.

      Comment


      • #18
        In Mirrins nightmares there are chittering things that lurk in the shadows and dark places, waiting to devour any unwary traveller to step beyond the safety of the light. To those they see as kin, the creature's noises reveal secrets from the shadows, secretas that tell of twists of fate and essence. Each night Mirrin is forced to listen to these secrets, all the while helpless to save those who wander blindly into the maw of shadows.

        Nodding at paxraes man who steps forward, Mirrin now speaks some of the words heard whispered in nightmares, each word coalescing into a cloud of essence in the air about the small sorcerers frame. Small hands clutching at the essence-clouds, Mirrin weaves the small motes together to create a modest cloud platform that hovers just beyond the rail of the ship, suspended over the rippling water below.


        Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

        "If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

        Comment


        • #19
          With the spell complete, Mirrin turns to Paxrae's archer, and urges him to grab enough arrows for the fight and jump aboard before leaping up to perch among the fluffy folds of the cloud, crouching low and peering above the egde of the cloud's swirling vapours.

          Once the archer is aboard, Mirrin makes a quick introduction with an outstretched hand, asking the warriors name before saying 'I hope you're not afraid of heights!"

          With that the cloud lifts at Mirrin's mental command and drifts to a position away from the boat, several yards higher, using the ships sails to try and mask the cloud from the approaching black vessel.


          Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

          "If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

          Comment


          • #20
            The ship, which is indeed painted black, is now clearly within sight and still approaching.

            Comment


            • #21
              The bowman introduces himself as Atabo as he pulls a longbow made from a single branch of sturdy wood from a waterproof sleeve along with a dozen or so arrows after stepping onto the Skiff with only mild trepidation. "My first time standing on a cloud, is will be something to tell my grandchildren about."

              Paxrae turns to Hope and Briliant Snow Crow and speaks. "I'll not tell anyone they can't fight to protect themselves. Just be careful and remember that surviving is our goal, anything else is secondary." To his crew; "Get ready!"

              Comment


              • #22
                Hope nods seriously at Paxrae's statement.

                Comment


                • #23
                  "Brace yourselves everyone! We're going to cut off their advance; hopefully they'll recognize they're outmatched and head back out to sea." The Spry Mollusk picks up a sudden burst of speed and dashes in an unexpected course to intercept.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The black ship seems to ignore the Mollusk as it drives forward towards the Pearl as it nearly misses, prow meeting prow instead of the middle of the Pearl as all ramming maneuvers intend to.

                    The massive crash causes a loud racket as wood meets wood, the huddled guests hiding below deck screamed in unison as the cruise ship rocks violently.

                    The pirates however are determined to board whether they hit the prow or their intended section of the ship and come pouring out from their deck, a good two dozen charging onto the Gleaming Pearl.

                    As the Spry Mollusk turns around to the side of the pirate ship, a dozen archers suddenly reveal themselves from the side of the pirate ship, drawing their bows and readying to fire.

                    At the helm of the pirate ship stands two men, dressed more impressively than the pirates, and if appearances are important, would indicate that these two are the heads of this group.

                    One of them has reddish-brown hair, golden eyes, wearing a black undershirt with the top half covered by a red, sleveless jacket along with white pants and a metal plated headband. He is of a muscular build, tall man with an elaborate great axe by his side.

                    Another one has white hair, heterochromia (left green, right red) eyes, wearing a vibrant red sleeved jacket, a black shirt under it and baggy black pants. He seems leaner than the other man and carries a slashing sword at his side and a greatsword at his back.

                    OOC: Join Battle, a Size 2 battlegroup has boarded the Pearl. a Size 1 battlegroup remains on the pirate ship. The two heads are on their ship and not moving yet.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      As the group of pirates board, Hope's Last Gasp ducks behind a nearby crate, and uses the obstructions that accumulate on a ship to get into a good position.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        As the ships collide, Mirrin commands the cloud platform to draft swiftly around the vessels so that they are in the air somewhere to the sides of the attacking force, and crouches low, ready to deflect any incoming fire that may threaten Atabo...


                        Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

                        "If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          "I'll give you and your crew one chance to lay down arms and leave in peace, otherwise be ready to face Paxrae the Storm Crow!" Paxrae draws Tsunami's Apex.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Paxrae receives no response, but he could see in the eyes of the two pirate leaders that no quarter would be expected.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              As the boarding party comes on the deck their initially high spirits are dashed by a gurgle from one of their number, then then collapses. He has dead. As the realization of this ripples through the ranks, another falls. Now they are aware of danger, but cannot find it no matter how hard they look. They expect an adult, and their eyes are looking too high to see the child that is thinning their ranks.

                              Hope's Last Gasp ghosts through the pirates, leaving some dead bodies, and a lot of lost morale in her wake. Quickly however she finds another hiding spot, too much motion means they will find her if she doesn't take care.

                              (Hope is flurrying a decisive attack with an establish stealth action. She is spending one willpower, but no motes.)

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                After suddenly losing one man in their ranks and then several, the men spot the little girl with a dull blackish knife darting from their ranks. "Over there!" one of them shouts, pointing a sword in her direction.

                                They have spotted her.

                                But overhead a flare of bluish energy, whirling and whooshing like the wind erupts as Brilliant Snow Crow leaps out of the Mollusk and back onto the Pearl with his instrument clutched in his hand, something glitters beneath his sleeves as the swirling energies whirl around him, his expensive clothes billowing gracefully as he lands by stomping one of the raiding pirates onto the deck, despite the grace of his movements might indicate a soft landing the pirate is smushed into the boards, definitely dead.

                                "Now now, bullying a little girl? Get through me first." comes his confident response as the group surges backwards to get away from the elemental flux.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X