Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Play By Post] What Lurks Beneath The Waves IC Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Play By Post] What Lurks Beneath The Waves IC Thread

    To be on the sea for five weeks could be maddening, but a peaceful five weeks without any sightings of Fair Folk raiders is far more preferable than an "exciting" fate should one fall into the Rakshas' clutches.

    The sound of the sanxian playing during the voyage so far provided by the VIP on board, Brilliant Snow Crow, is the only thing that breaks up the monotony of the trip. As the ship moves midway through the Dreaming Sea, normally considered the most dangerous portion of the trip, Brilliant Snow Crow's performance becomes softer, as if trying to calm the passengers and crew while trying to minimize his volume.

    Another thing to be thankful for is the weather, which is quite windy but generally calm, and the clouds provide some measure of shade without colliding with each other enough to gather into storm clouds, enabling this trip to remain smooth and swift. And it is at this midway point where Haven's assigned escort ship, The Spry Mollusk, will accompany the merchant's vessel for the remainder of the journey.

    Brilliant Snow Crow is a handsome young man with snow white hair and well-tailored blue silk clothes. He has a sanxian made from fine antique wood with blue jade parts and silvery strings. He is also never seen without a solid blue jade smoking pipe with delicate wires wrapped around the luxury item. He is friendly to the rest of the passengers and often hosts feasts on the deck of the luxury vessel for all passengers at his expense, making use of the mingling sessions to talk to each passenger and ask for their life stories, which under the influence of good food and wine, the passengers are all too willing to tell. He has a bodyguard who is very quiet and keeps to himself, preferring to stay in a quiet corner with line of sight to his charge and remain still, till the point where one could mistake him for a statue. When probed about his name, he will simply reply "Strong Oak" and resumes his watch and end the conversation. The only time the man is seen talking is when he is privately conferring with Brilliant Snow Crow, exuding a sort of aura that makes it very clear that his conversation with his employers is private and nobody should get close.

    In the morning, when the two ships meet in the open sea the collective passengers held their breath as they behold the gossamer fittings and decorations on The Spry Mollusk, but it is only when the captain and crew wave the flag of Haven that a collective sigh of relief washes over the deck, with some small cheers.

    OOC: Decide for 5 weeks what your characters will do prior to meeting with The Spry Mollusk.

    Hope's Last Gasp
    Your sifu has given you a small bag of silver as travelling expenses and suggested that Haven might have some allies you can recruit for your personal mission, but also with strong suggestion that you get stronger yourself before embarking on your quest. You bought yourself a ticket and boarded the ship. Decide if you would tell Brilliant Snow Owl your actual life story or whether you'll make something up.


    Mirrin
    You had been venturing around the Scavenger lands for a few months when one day, waking up from your camp site you find a tree spirit that tells you that it has received a message requesting you make your way to Haven and provides you the directions and a ticket onto a luxury vessel. If you try to investigate, all you will be told is that it at the behest of a few powerful gods that request your presence in Haven. Decide if you will tell Brilliant Snow Crow your actual life story or whether you will make a story up.


    Paxrae
    The Spry Mollusk is obviously a fae ship, with all the hardened gossamer fittings and decorations that are attached to a sturdy wooden frame.

    Brilliant Snow Crow is the mayor's son who has returned from the Realm after graduating from secondary school. His father, Austere White Crane does not claim descent or lineage from any of the Realm's Great House but his recent immigration to Haven about a hundred years ago does seem to suggest someone wealthy enough to uproot himself and his family and move all the way to the edge of Creation to be an easy thing to do. You and your crew and ship are dispatched to escort the mayor's son back to Haven safely.
    Last edited by NickLance; 06-27-2017, 10:28 PM.

  • Silent Witness
    replied
    Paxrae sidesteps the deadly swing, seemingly in time with the rocking of the ship and delivers a lunge as he moves from beneath the path of the massive blade.

    Leave a comment:


  • NickLance
    replied
    The axe-wielding pirate levels an unreadable gaze at the approaching daiklave as his eyes move up and down at the advancing Paxrae. A scrowl climbs up the corners of his mouth when he hears the second half of Paxrae's statement.

    "You talk too much. Especially that justice bullshit." he grunts as he hefts his massive axe and brings it down in an expertly powerful swing.

    At this close combat range, Paxrae can see dark circles around the man's eyes, and a paler-than-natural hue to his skin, despite the fact that being on sea as pirates means facing the sun and getting tans.

    The sword pirate on the other hand, seems to have minute sparkles in his skin as is his white hair at this closeness seem slightly iridescent like mother of pearl.
    Last edited by NickLance; 07-07-2017, 09:01 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Silent Witness
    replied
    To the Axe-wielding pirate."You've assaulted a ship bearing passengers headed in peace for Haven. Under Haven's authority and by my blade, you will be brought to justice." Paxrae advances with casual grace, bringing the black and gold blade of his daiklave into a fluid guard.

    Leave a comment:


  • NickLance
    replied
    The archers yell out as the weapons smash into them, some of them prematurely firing their arrows into nowhere as they flinch or jerk away from the blows.

    Leave a comment:


  • Silent Witness
    replied
    The battle-hardened crew of the Spry Mollusk surges onto the deck of the opposing ship with startling efficiency and begins tearing into the archers before they can launch their first volley.

    Leave a comment:


  • NickLance
    replied
    After suddenly losing one man in their ranks and then several, the men spot the little girl with a dull blackish knife darting from their ranks. "Over there!" one of them shouts, pointing a sword in her direction.

    They have spotted her.

    But overhead a flare of bluish energy, whirling and whooshing like the wind erupts as Brilliant Snow Crow leaps out of the Mollusk and back onto the Pearl with his instrument clutched in his hand, something glitters beneath his sleeves as the swirling energies whirl around him, his expensive clothes billowing gracefully as he lands by stomping one of the raiding pirates onto the deck, despite the grace of his movements might indicate a soft landing the pirate is smushed into the boards, definitely dead.

    "Now now, bullying a little girl? Get through me first." comes his confident response as the group surges backwards to get away from the elemental flux.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aranfan
    replied
    As the boarding party comes on the deck their initially high spirits are dashed by a gurgle from one of their number, then then collapses. He has dead. As the realization of this ripples through the ranks, another falls. Now they are aware of danger, but cannot find it no matter how hard they look. They expect an adult, and their eyes are looking too high to see the child that is thinning their ranks.

    Hope's Last Gasp ghosts through the pirates, leaving some dead bodies, and a lot of lost morale in her wake. Quickly however she finds another hiding spot, too much motion means they will find her if she doesn't take care.

    (Hope is flurrying a decisive attack with an establish stealth action. She is spending one willpower, but no motes.)

    Leave a comment:


  • NickLance
    replied
    Paxrae receives no response, but he could see in the eyes of the two pirate leaders that no quarter would be expected.

    Leave a comment:


  • Silent Witness
    replied
    "I'll give you and your crew one chance to lay down arms and leave in peace, otherwise be ready to face Paxrae the Storm Crow!" Paxrae draws Tsunami's Apex.

    Leave a comment:


  • CapitanTypo
    replied
    As the ships collide, Mirrin commands the cloud platform to draft swiftly around the vessels so that they are in the air somewhere to the sides of the attacking force, and crouches low, ready to deflect any incoming fire that may threaten Atabo...

    Leave a comment:


  • Aranfan
    replied
    As the group of pirates board, Hope's Last Gasp ducks behind a nearby crate, and uses the obstructions that accumulate on a ship to get into a good position.

    Leave a comment:


  • NickLance
    replied
    The black ship seems to ignore the Mollusk as it drives forward towards the Pearl as it nearly misses, prow meeting prow instead of the middle of the Pearl as all ramming maneuvers intend to.

    The massive crash causes a loud racket as wood meets wood, the huddled guests hiding below deck screamed in unison as the cruise ship rocks violently.

    The pirates however are determined to board whether they hit the prow or their intended section of the ship and come pouring out from their deck, a good two dozen charging onto the Gleaming Pearl.

    As the Spry Mollusk turns around to the side of the pirate ship, a dozen archers suddenly reveal themselves from the side of the pirate ship, drawing their bows and readying to fire.

    At the helm of the pirate ship stands two men, dressed more impressively than the pirates, and if appearances are important, would indicate that these two are the heads of this group.

    One of them has reddish-brown hair, golden eyes, wearing a black undershirt with the top half covered by a red, sleveless jacket along with white pants and a metal plated headband. He is of a muscular build, tall man with an elaborate great axe by his side.

    Another one has white hair, heterochromia (left green, right red) eyes, wearing a vibrant red sleeved jacket, a black shirt under it and baggy black pants. He seems leaner than the other man and carries a slashing sword at his side and a greatsword at his back.

    OOC: Join Battle, a Size 2 battlegroup has boarded the Pearl. a Size 1 battlegroup remains on the pirate ship. The two heads are on their ship and not moving yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • Silent Witness
    replied
    "Brace yourselves everyone! We're going to cut off their advance; hopefully they'll recognize they're outmatched and head back out to sea." The Spry Mollusk picks up a sudden burst of speed and dashes in an unexpected course to intercept.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aranfan
    replied
    Hope nods seriously at Paxrae's statement.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X