No announcement yet.

[Recruitment] New Mage: The Awakening (2e) Player Seeks Game, or to Start One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all. I'm cool with being the ST, and because we are low on players (and I would still like a chance to be a player as well), I'm going to probably create my own character and treat them like a ST-run PC.

Personally, I'm fine with not ending recruitment. I can try to recruit through other websites as well. But you two can have dedicated spots.

I am currently very busy this week with moving out of my apartment into a house, so there may be some delays in finalizing things and setting up the game. A couple questions for you to help me brainstorm ideas:

1) In terms of setting, is my Mountain of Shadow game something you are interested in? That would be my preference, as I already have some story plots and NPC ideas.

2) What is your preferred power level? Instead of starting at base XP, do you want to get some bonus XP or get free dots of Gnosis, etc.?

My Games
    Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller
    Mage 2E: Mountains of Shadow (IC / OOC) - Storyteller and Bruiser, Thyrsus Arrow and Perfected Adept

Comment

I do not know of your mountain of shadow game so I could not come to on that except to say that anything is good by me.

The EXP level that I would like to see is low-mid to mid (10 to 15 exp ). And let us know if we are based in a single city or traveling mages. Maybe a max of 3 Gnosis to keep things interesting.
      Last edited by Hardwire99; 07-13-2017, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I also don't know anything about Mountain of Shadow but it sounds interesting. I'd be willing to try it.
        As for starting EXP 10 is about as high as I'd like to go, but I think 5 would have been a very good point since this is my first game of Mage. Too much EXP would be overwhelming, but 10 seems to be a good balance between Hardwire and myself. So I'm going to say 10 EXP, and a Cap on Gnosis for the start of game at 3.

Comment

As for concept I was looking at a Supernatural Bounty Hunter/Private Investigator. Will that work with the Mountain of Shadows game.

Comment

I could potentially be interested in this if you'd have me!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardwire99 View Post
              As for concept I was looking at a Supernatural Bounty Hunter/Private Investigator. Will that work with the Mountain of Shadows game.
              I searched up the game, it's set in the Denver area and the rural areas in the mountains around it. The gauntlet is super thin and the werewolf population is swollen because of it.

Comment

Yeah, here is the link with the setting overview. Please check it out and see what you think: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/g...ains-of-shadow

Ambersand - Absolutely! Let me know your answers to some of my questions posed above regarding setting and power level.

My Games
                Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller
                Mage 2E: Mountains of Shadow (IC / OOC) - Storyteller and Bruiser, Thyrsus Arrow and Perfected Adept

Comment

Cool setting, I have always enjoyed my visits to the Denver Area. It looks like my concept of a Supernatural Bounty Hunter/Private Investigator will work. He could actually be used by both Mage and Werewolf society to help broker peace. That may even be a good theme to base a Cabal on.

Comment

I do not find a Legacy that would go with being a bounty hunter does anyone have any ideas. I am looking at being an Obrimos with Prime as my main focus and either Matter, Life or Spirit to match up with the Prime.
                    Last edited by Hardwire99; 07-15-2017, 07:05 AM.

Comment

I can't remember any either. Best thing you can do is create one in game

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

Well I was looking at the Eleventh Question and I don't mind going that route I would just need to move some dots around and go Time/Matter as it stands I could go with the following mix.
                        • Prime: 2
                        • Forces: 1
                        • Matter: 1
                        • Time: 2
                        • Spirit: 1 (4 Experience)
                        • Death: 1 (4 Experience)

Comment

Originally posted by rwknoll View Post
                          1) In terms of setting, is my Mountain of Shadow game something you are interested in? That would be my preference, as I already have some story plots and NPC ideas.

2) What is your preferred power level? Instead of starting at base XP, do you want to get some bonus XP or get free dots of Gnosis, etc.?
                          1: Setting seems groovy by me.
                          2: I've found 5xp to be the best starting point. Enough xp to get most concepts working without being overinflated.

Hardwire99 You'd want 11Q, Tamers of Wind, Stone Scribes, Sphinx or wraiths of epoch for general investigative nerds. Each varying from Sherlock to history nerds.

Comment

So for my character Charon I his central theme would be Afterlife Advocate. But his concepts is harder to explain. He's normally a peace maker, trying to end conflicts without violence. Yet if he feels the peace isn't helpful he will end the peace and bring about a cleansing conflict. I haven't picked a day job for him yet. That could feed into his concept, but mostly I want him to focus around death both literal and metaphoric. Maybe a HR director? Or maybe his mother and sister were Uratha, and after becoming a mage he became clued in, and allowed to know the family secret of his mother's family tree.

Still kicking around some ideas there. Might be good honestly. Facing a few things and having to try to find some kind of balance point so finding out you're sister who you thought was a protective, normal, older sister was in truth a Werewolf of the full moon aspect who was protecting her brother from the dangers of both the human and spirit world. You know the more I talk about this mage from a werewolf family idea the more I like it...

I think my concept will be Ambassador of the wolves.

Comment

Briar Rabbit is likely what most people think of when they think about the Acanthus. Carefree, foolish, spontaneous, yet as prone to cruel barbs and malevolent grudges as benign aid. She's also fairly foolish. Serving as the Daoine Maithe for the Guardians of the Veil, Briar is a skilled manipulator both mundane and mystical. Her preferences are in the labyrinth, where she ensures that only the worthy get to awaken, while the less deserving remain trapped in the honey pot. She advertises herself as a career agent, whose able to get you that guaranteed well paying gig and she can. That gig can be as much blessing as a curse, however, as you may be stuck in the well paying bar gig with no room for supernal growth just as easily as she can weave the web that causes the crisis of faith that sparks the flash of genius that leads to awakening.

Comment

James Wilkerson, known in the Awakened society as Bad Dawg, is an Obrimos Guardian that is less concerned with the Labyrinth and more concerned with those that have slipped through. Though only awakened for a short while, he has been a PI for over twenty years and whoever is letting these fools through the Labyrinth should have their head examined. He investigates the crimes that the sleepers can’t, the crimes that are best kept in the shadows. He has a reputation as a man that walks the middle of the road. He will just as easily take a job for one of the wolves as he will for a mage, and as such he must remain neutral. Mages, wolves, bloodsuckers, hell even a ghost if they needed it, he will help whoever has the money to hire him.

P.S. Ambersand, I am not taking a poke at your character as a Guardian of the Labyrinth, he just feels that someone is asleep at the wheel.

And I did go with the 11Q, thanks for the advice. I also like the Sphinx. Well at this time he hasn't taken any Legacy but he is setting things up to join the 11Q.

rwknoll I have currently built the Character on 10 points let me know if I need to shave 5 points off of that. 5 points is a little lower than I wanted to go but I can work with anything and all is go. It boils down to what are you comfortable with.
                                Last edited by Hardwire99; 07-15-2017, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X