No announcement yet.

[Recruitment] New Mage: The Awakening (2e) Player Seeks Game, or to Start One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far I have a few ideas that expand upon his post awakening self. I'd like to hear what the ST thinks of these.
    1. His first magic teacher was his mother, pack's Ithaeur, and a bone shadow. (Would like to take her with mentor merit)
      1. She was able to help him with Death, Forces, and Spirit magic.
    2. It wasn't until later when the Guardians realized that there was a mage being taught by werewolves that they dispatched the Adamant Arrow to collect him, hopefully peacefully.
    3. There was substantial negotiations around him and about him, the Pack finally agreed to let him go on the condition he still retains his membership and fealty to the pack.
      1. He knows some of their secrets and the wolves don't trust the mages with these.
      2. He was indoctrinated as one of them.
      3. He is the son of the Ithaeur, and a son of Death Wolf, and bears the markings of these things.
    4. The Arrow indoctrinated him next, and while they found they could not turn his loyalty against the pack, and the werewolf sigils carved into his skin were unnerving, they did find that he accepted mage culture, adapted and his former instructor hadn't done so bad in teaching him to use his power, so much so that he still meets with her.
    5. The Arrow had to mix werewolf hunting culture with their own conflict brings growth mentality but it works (mostly, sorta, kinda, better than hothing)
    6. The Arrow Mages consider him their ambassador to the Pack, and the pack consider him their Liaison with the mages.
    7. Werewolf Mother Issues.
    I made this a numbered list so you could tell me if any parts of this need to be nixed or altered and which parts just by giving the number reference.
    For everyone else I'm having a bit of trouble thinking of a good Legacy for him. Any ideas? Also I'm noticing parts of the original background I posted that are going to be falling away, including the shadow name as it now seems much less fitting. And a Shadow Name like Romulus, Mowgli,or Death Wolf would be more fitting than Charon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardwire99 View Post
      P.S. Ambersand, I am not taking a poke at your character as a Guardian of the Labyrinth, he just feels that someone is asleep at the wheel.
      fight me irl i'm jacked

But seriously you're going to put a basis for a tie that juicy and then imply it's not related to my character?? Maybe my character is a hedonist, maybe she is incompetent. Maybe she is struggling in her duties as a Cultor. Maybe she's eyeing another order to join. You'd be a fool to not embrace this. A FOOOOOL!!

Comment

lol, Never know who is thin shined when dealing with unknown people. There are players that would have taken offence to what I was saying and gotten all but hurt about it. I just cover my bases until i know how i am dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambersand View Post
          fight me irl i'm jacked

But seriously you're going to put a basis for a tie that juicy and then imply it's not related to my character?? Maybe my character is a hedonist, maybe she is incompetent. Maybe she is struggling in her duties as a Cultor. Maybe she's eyeing another order to join. You'd be a fool to not embrace this. A FOOOOOL!!
          Yeah we should probably figure out how we all fit together.

Ambersand So, how are we connected? We figured out how you and Hardwire are but what about us? Does your character view me as a freak? As a savage? Was I one of the ones that slipped through in your watch? If your character is a Hedonist I could see my character having respect for that, and her choice to live how se wants too, even if that chase is just for your own pleasure, though I could also see him seeing you as possibly hurt.
          Hardwire99 How do you view my character? I can picture my character respecting you as a hunter and a warrior.
          Last edited by HaplessWithDice; 07-16-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Diante Johnson, Shadowname: Darwin

Diante was tired of corporate life, and near the end of his office tenure, he started having subversive thoughts and visions. He developed an opposition defiance disorder and got terminated from his job due to a spat with middle management. Throughout these events, Diante kept imagining that he and other people were being kept in shadows; he believed life was just a sleepy play put on each day, with the real machinations occurring offstage. He threw out all his possessions, all except for an old lead coin a friend has given him years ago.

Unwilling to go quietly into the night, Diante starting reading more, and he stumbled upon a person of the night that offered housing and resources, if Diante worked as their Retainer (this could be a negative quality.) Diante agreed to this, and wisely said nothing about making acquaintances with a vampire.

Not long after, Diante found himself shoving aside curtains, mirrors, and other obfuscations in his dreams, until he witnessed, against a Stygian horizon, the Watchtower of the Lead Coin. Diante approached the tower and pressed his coin against its side, and harnessing newfound energy, inscribed his shadowname into it's stone base. Now a mage, Diante wishes to uplift the minds of other, and help forge destinies locked away by the oppressive great Lie.

Comment

Doggo Interesting but that puts 2 Moros in the game, while mine seems like he would be different from yours, and I can't think of it causing a problem other than would they be two of nearly the same character?

Comment

Just because there are two Moros in the game doesn't make them the same. They can be very different.

Comment

Thanks Hardwire
                  ​Just waiting on rwknoll to respond to my earlier post so I can do merits. then I'll have the base ready to go for when we find out how much starting XP we get.

Comment

I suppose I should be awaiting a response from rwknoll as well!

Comment

Hey all! Another update. The move itself went well, and all of our stuff is in the house! However, we have already had some major unexpected issues, including two instances of sewage flooding in our basement. I've been pretty stressed and busy these last few days, so might be later this week before things settle down. I'll be back here posting as soon as possible. Thanks for your continued patience.

My Games
                      Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

Comment

Originally posted by rwknoll View Post
                        Hey all! Another update. The move itself went well, and all of our stuff is in the house! However, we have already had some major unexpected issues, including two instances of sewage flooding in our basement. I've been pretty stressed and busy these last few days, so might be later this week before things settle down. I'll be back here posting as soon as possible. Thanks for your continued patience.
                        Hope things start getting better for you man.

Comment

Things have settled down a bit. I will try to post later today if I have time, or tomorrow at the latest.

Does anyone know of a reference for how much XP post-character creation corresponds with what level of character strength? Like in Mage 1E, there were Storyteller guidelines that said how much extra XP corresponded with beginner mages, experienced ones, and masters, etc. I suppose we could split the difference and go with something like 7? My only concern would be that I'm actually not very experienced yet with higher-XP Mage games and I want to make sure I do a good job running it.
                          Last edited by rwknoll; 07-23-2017, 08:10 AM.

My Games
                          Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

Comment

Then go with 5 Experience and a cap on Gnosis of 2, I am fine with that either way. There is no comparison chart at the moment but you can become a Master with as little as 17 experience points and an Adept with a little as 4 experience points, that is if there is not cap on the players and where they can put their points. Experience of 5 with cap of 2 on Gnosis will create slightly above novice characters. With a cap of 2 Gnosis it will limit the characters to a max of 3 in their Arcana. This is a decent starting point for characters and limit what they can spring on you at any one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardwire99 View Post
                              Then go with 5 Experience and a cap on Gnosis of 2, I am fine with that either way. There is no comparison chart at the moment but you can become a Master with as little as 17 experience points and an Adept with a little as 4 experience points, that is if there is not cap on the players and where they can put their points. Experience of 5 with cap of 2 on Gnosis will create slightly above novice characters. With a cap of 2 Gnosis it will limit the characters to a max of 3 in their Arcana. This is a decent starting point for characters and limit what they can spring on you at any one time.
                              I think this sounds good.

Comment

Working...
                              X