No announcement yet.

[Recruitment] New Mage: The Awakening (2e) Player Seeks Game, or to Start One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Recruitment] New Mage: The Awakening (2e) Player Seeks Game, or to Start One

Hello Everyone! Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.
    If you are reading this You are probably interested in either Storytelling or playing in a game of Mage: The Awakening 2nd Edition. I would love to have you join me in my exploration of this game line. I have never run, or played in a game of it and would love to try it out. But I can't do that by myself. Tabletop RPG's are not like that.

So what do we need to put together a game?
    ST: rwknoll

Player1: HaplessWithDice
    Player2: rwknoll (Probably)
    Player3: Hardwire99
    ----------Optional--------------------
    Player 4: (Open)
    Player 5: (Open)

Wow that's a lot of openings! You may notice that players 4 and 5 are optional. Why is that? Well simply put...because 3 feels like the minimum and more than 5 may start to create problems and over crowding. You may also have guessed it but as of the time I am writing this the position for ST is wide open. Yes, we have a game that needs a ST. I haven't run mage before so I don't feel comfortable as the ST. I don't want to half ass the Morality system if I tried to run it on my own that seems some what important to the game.

Does this mean I don't have Ideas? NO I do, but I don't know mage well enough to run it so...come join in me and let's play mage. Please post your interest and maybe an idea or two of the kind of characters you want to run (maybe a paragraph or two nothing too much). We can fill out those details later.

-----------------------------For those who want to ST-----------------------------------
    So I hate to put too much demand on you but here is what I need from you.
    • A willingness to deal with 1 or more new player in a Play by Post setting.
      • You don't need to spoon feed me answers when I have a question but politely pointing out a page number or section header or general location in the book to find an answer goes a long way.
    • A sense of hope, and optimistic view of your players.
    • The ability to craft a story that has elements of the mystery and the macabre .
    I look forward to hearing from you and the players soon future ST.
    Last edited by HaplessWithDice; 07-13-2017, 04:53 AM.

• Gentle_Rain
    replied
    Okay.

I think I might pass on this round, since I don't have the book, am more interested in Vampire, and it looks like there's a Vampire game I might be joining. However, I'd definitely like to keep in touch with you in the future, since my access to the book could change and I might be willing to play at a later date.

Leave a comment:

• rwknoll
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentle_Rain View Post
    Thanks again.

I'm not all that familiar with Mage: The Awakening, but I do have a copy of the first edition rulebook lying around and could try to read it in order to catch up. I'm not necessarily sure I want to get a copy of 2E just yet, but could look up rules in an ad hoc way or rely on other people's understanding of them for the purposes of playing. Does PbP just forego dice rolls altogether? What are the relevant mechanics?

Definitely consider PMing me if people drop out, and we'll talk further.
    There are very significant changes between 1E and 2E, so if you want to play in the Mage 2E game, you would definitely need access to the book in some capacity to play.

With PBP games, we do indeed use rolls, using online dice roll website that archive rolls so we can all see the results at any time. I use Orokos for CoD games because it allows for complex options related to rolling dice. You can also check out my IC thread for my other game, The Supernal Suburbia, in my signature line for examples of how this works.

Leave a comment:

• HaplessWithDice
    replied
    Gentle_Rain I can help you with rules, and everything like that.

Leave a comment:

• Gentle_Rain
    replied
    Thanks again.

I'm not all that familiar with Mage: The Awakening, but I do have a copy of the first edition rulebook lying around and could try to read it in order to catch up. I'm not necessarily sure I want to get a copy of 2E just yet, but could look up rules in an ad hoc way or rely on other people's understanding of them for the purposes of playing. Does PbP just forego dice rolls altogether? What are the relevant mechanics?

Definitely consider PMing me if people drop out, and we'll talk further.

Leave a comment:

• rwknoll
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentle_Rain View Post
    I'm sorry I never got to this and it sounds like all of you are geared up and ready to go, but I really appreciate the invite that rwknoll sent my way for this game.

His suspicion that I'm more interested in Vampire games is correct, but I might have been willing to give this a shot too. I'm just looking for a good, organized entry point into some kind of game.

Unfortunate that I missed out on this opportunity. Is there something I can do to stay in contact or add you as a friend over these forums?
    Hey, it's all good!

Several of the players who originally signed up for this game have since not responded to me or apparently gone inactive. I'm going to start reaching out to people on the wait list to see if some of them are still interested. If we end up having an opening, I will reach out to you via PM. You're also more than welcome to subscribe to the OOC or IC threads for either of my games. The OOC thread for this game has moved to this thread instead. Feel free to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Gentle_Rain
    replied
    I'm sorry I never got to this and it sounds like all of you are geared up and ready to go, but I really appreciate the invite that rwknoll sent my way for this game.

His suspicion that I'm more interested in Vampire games is correct, but I might have been willing to give this a shot too. I'm just looking for a good, organized entry point into some kind of game.

Unfortunate that I missed out on this opportunity. Is there something I can do to stay in contact or add you as a friend over these forums?

Leave a comment:

• rwknoll
    replied
    Originally posted by BurritoMage View Post
    Are you looking for one more? I have an idea for a Thrysus street artist.
    Thanks for the interest, but we are full now, sorry.

Gang, I'm going to invite us over to the OOC thread for my old game and resurrect it. Let's start posting there. HaplessWithDice, you might want to request this thread to be closed or to change the title so people don't keep thinking we are still actively recruiting.

Leave a comment:

• BurritoMage
    replied
    Are you looking for one more? I have an idea for a Thrysus street artist.

Leave a comment:

• Hardwire99
    replied
    Originally posted by Flinty View Post
    Yeah... I'm not sure the Pack would appreciate that, aside from all the other potentially horrid downsides.

Two questions regarding char creation : are we allowed to start with a legacy at char creation? And are supernatural merits allowed? I'm specifically interested in psychic vampirism from hurt locker
    Supernatural Merits are lost when a template taken. At least that is what the book says. Though I am not the ST so not my call.

Leave a comment:

• HaplessWithDice
    replied
    Originally posted by Thorbes View Post
    Wow, really? You use the name of one of the Firstborn as your Shadow Name? You do are asking for an interesting (if maybe short) life. And the Uratha you act as bridge between them and the mages are ok with that?
    Well, it depends. If the pack sees it as flattery coming from a former member of the pack, to honor mother wolf by taking upon himself her name. Or as insult by profaning the name of mother wolf.

Leave a comment:

• Flinty
    replied
    Yeah... I'm not sure the Pack would appreciate that, aside from all the other potentially horrid downsides.

Two questions regarding char creation : are we allowed to start with a legacy at char creation? And are supernatural merits allowed? I'm specifically interested in psychic vampirism from hurt locker

Leave a comment:

• Thorbes
    replied
    Wow, really? You use the name of one of the Firstborn as your Shadow Name? You do are asking for an interesting (if maybe short) life. And the Uratha you act as bridge between them and the mages are ok with that?

Leave a comment:

• HaplessWithDice
    replied
    rwknoll My character evolved a bit since I made the initial pitch. New Shadow name is Kamduis-Ur.

Edit: you should have my character sheet
    Last edited by HaplessWithDice; 08-01-2017, 07:39 AM. Reason: Added additional content

Leave a comment:

• Flinty
    replied
    Cool, I'll definitly write something up then. Looking at the pcs so far I may well do a mastigos.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X