Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    We have a poll about Playtest is now live here - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...uVLAw/viewform

It's answers be read on November 10th.

I filled it even if not used Endowment myself in play to this date. Marked in comment for Integrity need for my diversity in characters Breaking Points, like I did on general read of rules in this post.

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    I only want to say that I'm all in to leave the general Code as it is now - only to let Hunters to change number of Breaking Points ( for example, up to 5 ) to those defined by them for -1 cumulative penalty to interactions with other hunters, not sharing new Breaking Point. In this way we have general hunters population that goes for the killing monsters - but could easily have edge cases, or even particular organisations - that follows more non-violent ways of dealing with supernatural. It also be 'canon' to what was shown in Supernatural TV show, where most hunters ( even Dean ) looks on Sam and his attempts to save the monsters as something 'weird' - but not the thing that makes him into Slasher-dom just because he thinks it's good and reattempts it more than 10 times.

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post
    It could go either way. I've got 9 Again on the roll, so there's a lot of potential to add. I won't be able to make his post for roughly 2 more hours, though, when I get home from work. If you post before then, I guess his roll will be independent. If not, then he'll contribute.
    Well, I have the Informed Condition AND 8 again from Mind of a Madman which I plan to use, plus the help from Gabby and Micheal- so I think I could make it on my own.

Leave a comment:

• White Oak Dragon
    replied
    It could go either way. I've got 9 Again on the roll, so there's a lot of potential to add. I won't be able to make his post for roughly 2 more hours, though, when I get home from work. If you post before then, I guess his roll will be independent. If not, then he'll contribute.

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    just to clarify- does Khalil joins the teamwork or is he making his own research? I want to know if I should wait for his post or not.

Leave a comment:

• Caladriu
    replied
    Personally, in PbP I tend to assume specialties and bonuses apply and let the ST remove dice from the right side of my results if they disagree. It moves a little quicker. Maybe an hour per roll for extended actions like this?

Do we have the 2E rules for risking Willpower? It's referenced in the Merciless Condition and I don't immediately remember how it worked in 1E.

This is what Mortal Remains suggests

Once per scene, you may risk Willpower on a roll. Spend 1 WP. Choose two of the following effects for that roll:
    • +3 dice
    • Exceptional success on 3 instead of 5, OR +1 damage to an attack
    • 9-again, OR 8-again if already rolling with 9-again
    • Remove 10-again from a contested roll
    If you succeed, you do not lose the WP, and gain +1 WP. You also gain 1 Practical Beat.
    If you fail, the failure is automatically dramatic. Gain 2 Practical Beats.
    Last edited by Caladriu; 11-07-2017, 01:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• White Oak Dragon
    replied
    Excellent plan. Intelligence + Occult on my end... I've got a pretty good dice pool for this action, since I'm assuming that it would count as an extended action, allowing me to benefit from the Library Merit. Would my specialty in Folklore count here? I could see that going either way, so I figured I should check. How long will each roll take?

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    Great- so Cassidy, Steph Khalil would go to the library, where Cassidy would start her investigation with Khalil's help from the Occult side and Steph from Gabby's personality side, leaving Micheal (and I assume Brian) would go and question witnesses?

Leave a comment:

• Caladriu
    replied
    If Cassidy is making a roll, Steph could add dice as a teamwork action using Manipulation+Streetwise to give insight into Gabby's habits and where she might be found.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Until shown with demon, Micheal will work on 'putting things together' ( his dots in Investigation ) and can question some witnesses with his Endowments.

Leave a comment:

• White Oak Dragon
    replied
    Khalil would certainly offer to help with such an endeavor, and his Library could prove quite useful.

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    I have been trying to think of a way to utilize the Informed Condition about Gabby- I think maybe Cassidy will use the information she knows about her and whatever she can find in the library about the Yellow King and Arkham's structure and history in order to decide where the most likely she would hide (a local theater near the docks, for example). Her current theory is that the demon is somehow connected to one (or more) of the cell members' bloodline, and that it views them as some sort of characters in a play, and she wish to understand what is Gabby's role in the plot. I think it would count as Wits + Investigation roll?

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Okay, ball is in your court players. We are pretty much done with Scene 1. I won't count Wyrd's Violent Condition kicking in until next scene so he doesn't rampage right now. I'm assuming you are trying to track down Gabby, but how you want to do that is up to you.

Leave a comment:

• Caladriu
    replied
    Before leaving the Miskatonic U instance, Stephanie will talk to the Dean, as the initial quest XP has pushed her to level 10 and he now has a large exclamation point floating above his head.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Unless there is anything people want to wrap up at the crime scene, that pretty much concludes l scene one (of three). I'd strongly suggest checking in with the Dean going on the hunt for Gabby. You may want those extra Endowments.

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    So I've started to re-read about the King in Yellow (for obvious reasons), and while doing so I've seen an interesting coincidence- one of the three known characters in the play is called Cassilda- which is way too similar to Cassidy. I know it wasn't planned for, but I still think it is something pretty cool on a meta level :P

Leave a comment:

Working...
X