No announcement yet.

[IC] (Hunter: the Vigil 2e Playtest) The Lucifuge's Doubting Souls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolling Khalil's breaking point: 6d10o10h8: 2 [6d10o10h8=6, 1, 5, 8, 7, 8] https://orokos.com/roll/565428 I think that I'll give him the Stoic Condition.

Khalil stared at the sigil, but he was no longer seeing it. Miriam? But she has nothing to do with any of this... He tried to make sense out of everything he'd just glimpsed, but his mind kept returning to the last thing he'd heard.He needed to figure this out quickly.. For her.
    "No mask... Ochre Prince... King in Yellow..." Entangled in his thoughts, he did not notice Cassidy's approach. As her hand touched him, he jumped a little. Quickly putting on a brave face, he turned to Cassidy. "Tell me..." he said quietly.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
    Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
    Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Cassidy was about to answer to Khalil, when she noticed that Stephanie has just entered the library. Worst time ever, she thought to herself. She has started to see danger everywhere- the shadows became darker, the air became thicker. What if Stephanie was the traitor? How would she react to her accusing Gabby for the act? Can she trust Khalil? Can she trust anyone?..

She took a breath to get over the touch of Hell, and nervously pulled her notebook and pencil out, opening it at the sketch of her vision. "That's what Hell has showed me" she said, and then scribbled a single word next to Gabby's bloody picture- possession?

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Like bird of prey, Micheal suddenly turns his head to Cassidy. Anger shows on his face and he goes in the instant over the scetch artist.

"SHOW ME!" - he demand in the tone that not accepts refusal.

[OCC]
        I need to Intimidate Cassidy by rolls or anything?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

It has been an intense night for Cassidy. The hour was late, she witnessed the butchered corpse of a priest, allowed her mind to be touched by Hell for answers and had to deal with a very complicated, explosive situation. Having Micheal covered in blood jumping upon her like a madman was more than she could have handled- she shrieked, her precious notebook falling on the floor, and recoiled into a position behind Khalil, putting him between herself and Micheal. It took her a moment to regain her composure and free herself from the infernal touch on her mind, but it was one moment too late. Suddenly, anger filled her heart- on herself for acting like a little child, on Micheal for putting her in that position, on the Dean for sending her to that damned investigation, on the Gabby for murdering people and on the priest for getting murdered. She gave an harsh, hateful look at Micheal and hissed the last sentence from her vision.

"No more confessions he shall speak tonight"

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Brian curses at the body of the priest.

"Devil's horns. This was no chance that the murder happened in the library! The killer is attacking us, personally, by attacking our attachments to humanity. This isn't some demon looking to cause mischief. This is a matter of blood and family!"

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Khalil stooped to retrieve the book. After a moment's hesitation, he offered it to Michael. He deserved to know. "She may be possessed," he said. "We must apprehend and imprison her, so that we may learn the truth."

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
              Projects: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res, DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action, C20 Anthology of Dreams
              Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Brian's interpretation, even if it's colored by his own recent loss, makes good sense to Steph. It plays into her sense of being aggrieved. "Blood and family" is right.

She's on edge, fingers curling and uncurling around her dagger. The drama around Cassidy's notebook is worrying. She doesn't look over Michael's shoulder, she just narrows her eyes and asks: "Who's possessed?"

2E Legacy Updates
                Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                Storm Keepers

Comment

Micheal evidently calms himself when taking book from Khalil. We tries to suppress his anger, knowing that it’s not his cellmates are responsible for Father Julius death. Deep down inside his heart he listen to tiny voice that it’s Micheal himself who did not protected his friend and confident…

“I’m…” – He turns his head to Cassidy – “I’m sorry. Sorry for my outburst. I’m just so angry that this… "- He looks inside a book onto sketches – "This… thing… killed so innocent and pious men like Father Julius. I know it’s literally Satan’s work – or one of his servants – but it still burns inside me. It only point’s that Scripture was right and we cannot let any Evil to live inside our community."

Micheal looks on the women depicted on the sketch. His eyes flint in some unsettling way for others to see…

LGBT+ through Ages
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Brian takes the sketch. He grimaces stoically as his eyes trace over the page.

"It's Gabby, Steph. Gabby's the one who did this..." he manages before his voice dies in his throat.

"We have to get moving. This is only going to get worse before it gets better."

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Stephanie stares unfeelingly at Julius' corpse. Her fingers reach unconsciously between the buttons of her coat and grasp the otherworldly fabric of her Lemurian armor.

Then she says: "Liar. No- just a fool. Ignoramus!"

She paces, extremely Not Mad.

"Impossible. Meaningless scribbles. God's hooks, Cass can't even handle her own infernal blood! A vision spoken by Lucifer's own blackened lips, drawn by a whelp with milk still on her teeth- and you think it's true as Scripture! We're in a schoolhouse, for godsake- use your reason! My little-"

Her voice catches. "th-the little bird couldn't knock a statue down, infernal whispers or none! She hasn't strayed that far from the nest! Listen to yourselves: a bloody corpse and a whiff of brimstone, and you go half-mad!"

She fingers her knife with a trembling hand. "You think I can't keep a firm hand on my woman?"

Thinking about the estrangement through the lens of the Hunt is about the first time she's spoken of it in front of the cell. Losing Gabby to demonic forces is about the worst fate she can imagine.

"The killer's probably after her next, and here we are casting aspersions- enough with it! We'll track her down first and catch the devil flat-footed. Come on, then!"

Steph sheathes her dagger and turns to storm out of the room. Gabby's been around tonight, she can't be that far.

2E Legacy Updates
                      Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                      Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                      Storm Keepers

Comment

Cassidy practically ignored Michael's apology. Somewhere deep in here she knew he was truly sorry, but in here eyes, apology should be done with acts, and not words. She cringed as Steph called her vision "meaningless scribbles", but that was more or less what she has expected. Beside, there were some more urgent matters- if Brian was right, her sister was in danger. She reached to Brian and coldly said "my sketchbook".

Family and blood, she mused.

What if that demon was family too?

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

[OoC] I'm going to skip back to the Dean so that we keep things moving. I'm hoping we can get to Scene 3 before the feedback period closes on the 10th. If there is anything you want to do before meeting with him, just make note of it in the same post.

Dean Jaegar is deeply disturbed by your findings.

"We cannot stand by when the Lucifuge and its kin are under attack. Save Gabby if you can, but we must put this demon down. I had planned to to do this after you had successfully closed this investigation, but now it seems you need all of the power at your disposal to survive. Steph, Micheal, you have earned the right to unlock deeper secrets from your blood. Please bear with me, I will make the ritual as expeditious as I can."

Normally unleashing a new endowment is a ritual filled with pomp for Arkham's Lucifuge. There is none of that here. The Dean gathers a crucible of sulphur and quicksilver, spills his blood in it, adds Steph and Micheal's blood before lighting the entire thing on fire. The entire room fills with the rank smell of flesh and brimstone. Your eyes water and you nearly wretch, but Steph and Micheal are left feeling the rush of power in their veins.

[OoC]
                          Steph gains access to the Shackles of Pandemonium. Micheal gains access to Falsehood's Heir. You both suffer a breaking point for gaining power from an obvious supernatural source. Keep in mind at you may trade away this breaking point in favour of altering the Code. If you roll the breaking point, take a beat.

"Move quick. Move quietly. We must put this to an end now. May God be with you."

Comment

OoC
                            I'm going under the assumption that Khalil and/or Micheal has shared the information they got about the Yellow Sign with the rest of the cell in the time skip. Correct me if it is not the case.

Cassidy had to coldly watched at the Dean as he endowed, from her point of view, the two most unreliable members of the cell. She wasn't jealous- Hell has "gifted" her more than enough, whether she wanted it or not- but she was yet to forgive the two for their reaction in the murder scene. While Steph and Micheal got their reward for their bad behavior, she softly touched Khalil's hand to draw his attention, and then whispered "that.. that demon. The King in Yellow. You said it is connected to theaters..." she took a pause in order to decide how to express her thoughts, and then added "If it was a play, and Father Jacob's murder was the first act- how you would have written the next scene?"

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

[OoC] Micheal is not ready to acknowledge he is ‘Son of Devil’, especially when he just vow to avenge killing of his confident Father Julius from the claws of demon. He will take Beat and roll on Breaking Point.

He has Resolve 2, Composure 3 and gaining inhuman Endowment is a Point with -2 penalty. BUT rolling any Breaking Point without having any Touchstone is also -2 penalty. So Micheal roll with only 1 die on Breaking Point…

He got no success. 1d10o10h8: 0 [1d10o10h8=5]
                              https://orokos.com/roll/565877

Seeing how his world is crushing and Dean is forcing his inhumanity on him – I think he swing more in to going over with indulgence in his demonic side to resolve vengeance quickier. I take Dramatic Failure from this roll and take Violent Condtion for Micheal. I mark 2 Beats from rolling Breaking Point and taking Dramatic Failure.
                              Last edited by wyrdhamster; 11-05-2017, 04:28 PM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

[IC] After words and signs made by Dean, Micheal looks aloof. In his eyes is reflected shadow of the Hell – eternal fire that is burning in his heart, however he tries to quench it. But now there is no one to calm him. No one to control him. The man that was his moral guide in the life of Lucifuge, his friend – is dead. And so, let the world burn with the fires of Inferno he has in his veins. He maybe tries to be God’s soldier in his army against Darkness – but, in the end, Micheal is the demonic half-spawn, at least in part from the Pit. And so he will show that Hell hath no fury greater by it’s own on God’s mission - he will bring Hell to this wretched from Hell itself!

However, to his cellmates he just calmly says:
                                ” Let’s track this thing and send from where it come from.”

LGBT+ through Ages
                                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                                X