Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IC [Exalted 3e] The Pirates of the Gilded Throne

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rose smiles, clearly relieved at Lessons' promise. The pair return above decks to find the crew hefting one of the heavy broadside ballistae forward-ships, presumably to threaten the trireme with. However, as before, neither the trireme nor the pair on the beach offer any signal back. Well, no signal, apart from the low constant droning blasts from the lone sailor on the trireme and his horn.

    What will you do?

    Comment


    • I wouldn't assume the trireme (it'd be a significantly smaller vessel even height wise so doubt it could see much on the deck) could even see the ballista until it's turned and aimed at them so not really intended as a threat.

      As for the horn blowing, tapping into his long years of not having time for this god damn shit and mastery at barking orders to sailors on other, often distant boats, Laughter takes a moment to center himself and calmly walks up to the bow of the ship, coughs once to clear his throat, sips a bit a rum to wet the pipes and ever so elegantly screams at the top of his lungs "OI! YE! YEA! YE! YOU'RE CHANDRA, YEA? WHAT ARE YE DOIN' HERE? WHY ARE YE BLOWIN' THE DAMNED HORN? YOU'RE NOT WORKIN' FOR THAT SHIT WULF ARE YE? RIGHT AWFUL OF YE IF YE ARE SUDDENLY!" (No, doesn't think he's working for the wulf, just trying to disarm a potentially nasty situation with a bit of absurdism)
      Last edited by angryicecream; 01-13-2018, 02:00 AM.

      Comment


      • The trireme is actually a quite large vessel, possessing a much deeper draft than such vessels usually possess, but still, Laughter;s ship still outclasses her in size handily.

        Chandra then looks from his colleague to the sailor blowing the horn on the crow's nest, before returning his gaze to Laughter and replying in his own tenor voice.

        "And what if I am? Who are you, to judge me, good sir? You seem to know my name, but I don't know your's," he replies, assuming a relaxed stance, his hands slowly settling on his bandoleer.

        Okay, then. What will you do?

        Comment


        • "NAME'S LAUGHTER ON THE BREEZE. LOOKIN' FOR SOME STOLEN GOODS. HEARD THEY WERE ROUND THESE PARTS. YE DOIN' THE SAME?"

          Comment


          • Chandra arches his brow, a point that is lost somewhat due to the distance between the two men," Stolen? Good sir, there is naught on this island, but the dead and their riches. The dead hold no sway over this place, so what problem is there if my colleagues and I releive them of it. After all, you can't take it with you,' He called, before he reflexively winced, placing his hand on his brow. However, whatever pain he felt seemed to be momentary, and he returned to his prior nonchalance....

            Well, that was odd. What will you do now?

            Comment


            • "The dead hold no sway? Are ye daft? Me ship just had dozens of undead boarders! Do that be what yet drum is for? To keep em at bay?"

              Comment


              • "Drum?" Chandra is clearly confused. He turns to his comrade, as she shrugs," Do you mean the bloke over there with the horn? That's not what he's for, either. He's there to inform the Boss you're here, is all. Now, the real question, is boy-o, what ought I do about you? Will you go home quietly? Or will I need to convince you?"

                Comment


                • "Well, when ye threaten a man, veiled or otherwise, it's quite unconscionable to just walk away! Tell ye what, how about ye come over here for some rum and brandy and we can discuss this like gentlemen. That way ye don't mar that beautiful vessel of yers for no good reason, aye?"

                  Comment


                  • Chandra turned to his colleague for a moment, muttering something to her, before he turned back to Laughter, nodding," I've never been one to turn down a drink. I'll be over in a moment.:

                    He then strides over the waves as sure as one walking on land, as the tides turn into frost beneath his feet. He calmly walks over to the ship, before leaping aboard.

                    "Chandra Coffin-Filler, called the Devil-Killer, at your service," he says, bowing.

                    What will you do now?

                    Comment


                    • Returns the gesture, "Well, I promised ye rum and brandy didn't I? Come on, let's fill ourselves some tankards (because clearly whatever passes for a shot is not enough.)" He says, walking towards his cabin (I assume Essen stopped being a cthulian horror by now, if not would have asked her to turn back when he started walking aboard. She seems smart enough to do it on her own, just figured i'd mention it)
                      Last edited by angryicecream; 01-14-2018, 11:21 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Once inside he pours him whichever, or both, he prefers and proceeds to down his own first. Showing good faith that it's not laced with poison before flopping into his seat. "So, ye said yer workin' with the Wulf, aye?

                        Comment


                        • Essen nods and ceases to be the fever dream of a timid man from Massachusetts or the lurid fantasies of high school girls from a far-off island. Either or. Reassuring her normal, plain, human appearance. Nothing weird going on on this ship. Nope.

                          Chandra follows Laughter to his cabin, where he pulls up a chair, as Essen trails the pair. No way in the Brass Realms is she going to let this strange man be alone with her Master.

                          Chandra follows suit, licking his lips, "That's good. All I've had to drink for the past week is watery piss that my Boss keeps. Presumably for the ratings. He doesn't touch the stuff. As per the question. Yes, I'm working for the Wulf. I've found, that in order to hunt Devils, sometimes one must walk the path of Midnight in order to trail them to back to their lairs. I can tell from your eyes, you know what I mean, as does your woman. She's a fighter. I can tell. Girly, you don't hold your arms like that, unless you want to do butcher work and strangle a bird, or you're fixing to slam me into the floor here. So, let's cut the crap. What are you really here for, then?"

                          Essen looks taken aback, muttering something about her posture, before she relaxes, and puts her arms behind her back.
                          Last edited by Dietaku; 01-14-2018, 11:30 PM.

                          Comment


                          • "I've been honest with ye from the start, mate. We've come for some stolen goods... And rocks to build a statue for some pompous fop, I suppose" he says the latter with a wave of his hand, focusing on other issues "Specifically, the heart of a light house. We heard tell it was brought here. Lot of good men gonna die without that heart."

                            Comment


                            • Naturally blending in with the others, Lessons followed the pair, keeping quiet and looking plain. He was good at that, looking plain. No reason anyone should take note of such an unimportant man. In fact he was pretty sure even Laughter and Essen had forgotten he was there at all by the time they got to his cabin. Laughter didn't even offer him a drink. Rude bastard.


                              activating easily overlooked presence method and tagging along!


                              My Mage 2e Homebrew

                              Comment


                              • Chandra sighs," You seem to have a rather....interesting view on the world picture, Ser. You heard that from the privateers in Flotsam? You're going to shed crocodile tears for that band of pirates? What if I told you, boy, that that Heart could light the way to salvation, to a riches that could enliven the entirety of the Dreaming Sea? ANd all we need to do? Is to give up a city filled with pirates, thugs and criminals? Well, I'm not one to talk, but, that seems like a trade to me."

                                What will you do all now?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X