No announcement yet.

IC [Exalted 3e] The Pirates of the Gilded Throne

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "All is well with me... Though, this black magic makes me uncomfortable." he walks over towards Diane as she pulls out the spear and the pudgy cherub appears "What in the name of the five dragons be that?"

Comment

• (Laughter, Diane)

The Cherub stares at Laughter, before stating flatly, "I am the spirit, Zykawl, Lord of Light and Master of Divine Justice. I was forged into this Spear in an Aeon forgotten, when the World was more complete and there was happiness and laughter. I relinquished my form to become an instrument of Divine Will when the great Terror, the Five Evil Suns,emerged across the shores of reality. So, do not think me some common sunsprite, buccaneer."

There is now a silent whistling that can be heard, almost imperceptible to the ear. Still, it seems to waver in and out of earshot.

What will you do?

Comment

• (Lessons)

As he looks over the dig site, he notices that the excavation has gone quite deep indeed, finding many ancient obelisks carved impeccably with numerous glyphs, the likes of which you cannot read. Alongside these obelisks, several of which stand off to one end of the dig site, there are numerous recovered tools and trinkets, which are gathered into reed baskets nearby. You also notice a small gaggle of the bearmen are inching their way towards where Diane, and the corpse are located, carrying a basket of what looks like fruit and a few dead birds.

Now, what are they doing?

Comment

• "I don't even know what a sunsprite be, oh radiant one" he says, cocking his ear to the side "What be that whistlin'?"

Comment

• “Oh,” Diane says as she kneels down to examine the body, “ I’m also a princess now or something.”

Diane will examine the body. Somethings not exactly kosher here.

Comment

• (Laughter, Diane, Lessons)

Zykawl harrumphs,"A sunsprites are small spirits who rise sunbeams to aid small, pitiful mortals who need excellence or hope in their lives. If you've ever experienced a moment of peace or calm during moments of absolute pain or hardship, that is the work of a sunsprite."

As DIane looks over the corpse, the corpse's arm grabbed her, as it jerked up to standing, growling in a guttural, vacillating voice," Yuuuuuu, waza Shoguunu yiia izi eetii?" it demands, staring with shriveled eyes at Diane.

(The 'corpse' is speaking in the language of Spirits, not a tongue that Laughter would know, at least at present.)

Comment

• "Dammit, not another one!" Laughter says with a start, drawing his blade and readying himself for battle... again... before realizing it's not attacking... yet "What be it sayin'?"

Comment

• “Za Shoguunu fele moa zana seve ciintureez ahgo,” Diane replies, “Eye du nauza no waza shoguunu yirii eetii izi.”

“He’s asking what year it is,” she says to Laughter.
                  Last edited by Noodle; 02-06-2018, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Assuming for now that the three of them can handle one corpse and a few beasties with tribute, Lessons inspect the Obelisks and especially the tools that have been excavated more closely.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• (Laughter, Diane)

The corpse sighs, as if not getting the answers it wanted. The beastmen then inch ever closer, laying a basket filled with fruits and loaves of bread before the corpse, as it sniffed the offering, gobbling it down.

"Ziisi eesee sheetii! Stilli, Beggaas kannata bii chuuzasa," it said between bites, as the Beastmen all sighed as one.

"Lady Thryme has accepted our tribute! Another season of good harvests!" one called, as the leader, the bearman who presented the basket, approached Laughter and Diane.

"Ye who rescued Lady Thryme from her limbo, we thank you, and, from the depths of the Uru-Uru people, offer out undying loyalty," he says, as the bearmen all bow.

"Whazza bancha wyaadohzo," Thryme grunts, still eating the "sacrifice."

(Lessons)

Despite your most scholarly approach to the obelisks, you get nothing more than an appreciation for their artistry. You find the glyphs to be quite masterfully carved, with no chipping or cracking you normally see with such fine stonework. Whoever carved these was a superlative artisan. As for the other finds, you find numerous metal tools, some of which you know, like blades, shovels, combs, and a few mirrors. Others you do not, like a plain metal cylinder about a cubit long which has no immediately identifiable use, another looks like a metal stave, albeit limp and serpentine, almost like a metal rope. The last being a translucent green crystalline cube that could easily fit in your palm. It doesn't seem to have any unique properties, although it is flawless, surely a treasure, at the very least.

Comment

• "Seems ye've got yerself somethin' of a fan club, Diane..." Turning towards the bear people "Who be this Lady Thryme?" He asks "And why'd ye have er stabbed to a block if she's helpin' he?"

Comment

• Nice... shiney... no idea what it is though, so better left undisturbed, before he pockets a bomb that ends up blowing up the ship. Instead he decides to get a look at what they are trying to excavate here, descending into the ditch.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• (Laughter, DIane)

"Who is lady Thryme? That's Lady Thryme," the leader said, pointing to the Corpse, as it continued to eat," She was one of Yuugo Al-Argentum's crew members. He had a hide-out on the island way back in the olden days, or so Grampy told me when I was little. Then, the Dragon-Harlots came," the leader paused to spit on the ground, before continuing," and they stole Yuugo away and nailed Thryme to the mountain. We of the Uru-Uru tried to keep her alive, and she'd bless us with favorable weather and keep other's away. She spoke with the gods of the winds and seas and let us have this island for our own. However, none of us could remove the spear, as we lacked the favor of the Sun, Stars or Moon. The Dragon-Harlots used some fell magicks to wield the power of a Sun-Lord from ages past, wielding his flesh and so, could wield the spear themselves, but we, we could do nothing but feed her and keep her clean," the bearman said, as Thryme shrugged.

"Eetee waznaa za faahztaa taaima Eye wazaa biitweeenee a rokko anada a haada plahysii," she shrugs, continuing to devour the contents of the basket.

(Lessons)

As you descend into the dig site, you find that the light of the Sun fades as you go deeper and deeper into the mountain, until you hit the bottom, where only a haze of sun shimmers down onto you. You see a small procession of zombies continuing to dig up dirt, but they seem to not notice you, or they're too invested into their digging to care. In any case, you notice several tunnels extending from the main shaft you descended down, one which ends about six feet away in a large obelisk with what can only be the Unconquered Sun trampling some unknown demon underfoot in a spectacular scene of dancing. Truly magnificent.

However, there are two other shafts you see. One of which extends into the mountain. The other extends off into the northeast, off towards the other isde of the island around the mountain.

What will you do?

Comment

• "Oh ye? How's it she lived so long lookin' like the livin' dead an stapled ere?"

Comment

• (Laughter, Diane)

Zykawl spoke up," I think I can answer that. My [Divine Imprisonment] isn't just a name.I seal those I pierce not just in place, but also in time. They will remain as they are as long as they are when pierced. For the most part, at least."

"Eye steelii geetii hangurii," Thryme grumbled," Ahlzoo, leetlii mana, eezii deesgaihzee,"

Before Laughter can ask for clarification, Thryme grabs her desciated hair, tugging as a sickening cracking noise roars, as she rips off her skin in one motion. However, instead of the muscle and other unpleasantness you expect to find underneath, she reveals youthful, smooth skin, unveiling an olive-skinned beauty smiling at you, coiffing her wild green mane as she popped another mango into her mouth. She grunted at Zykawl, as he nodded.

"She says it is a Faerie skill she learned; Oneiromancy, she called it," Zykawl explained, as Essen gasped.

"The word-magic of the Faeries!? My master told me of that power," she mumbled.

Comment

Working...
                                X