No announcement yet.

IC [Exalted 3e] The Pirates of the Gilded Throne

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lessons cautiously inserts the cylinder into the indentation.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• Scholar greets Laughter and looks at Lessons curiously. He tells Laughter that he is getting the wave marble that he needs. Next, he goes off to find the deposits of wave marble to make three statues.

Comment

• (Lessons)

Lessons inserts the cylinder into the frieze's hands, and the man leans out of the carving, nodding, before standing alongside his fellows, as he holds the cylinder, as it shifts from a small cylinder to a sword about four feet long, before reverting to its cylinder shape. The door slides aside to reveal a large complex, far larger than any building Lessons had seen, with piles of coin and treasures, many which Lessons had never before seen. However, in the center of the complex sits a large sphere, which gently hums. Upon closer inspection, the sphere seems to be made of stone.

(Scholar, Laughter, Scholar)

"Wave Marble? You mean Shift-stone, stuff that shifts and alters itself with essence? Yes, there's some of it here, as part of the vault where Yuugo kept his goods before he stashed in his main banks. Don't get your hopes up, chicks, this stuff isn't much. Why would you want such a material, though?" Thryme asked.

Comment

• Lessons whistles appreciativly. Laughter would be happy about that.... Well golds gold. Time to take a closer look if there's anything more practical left. Lessons inspects the vault for identifiable items of use beyond sheer wealth, ending with a closer inspection of the humming sphere in the middle, touching it carefully.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• Scholar looks at Thryme and says, "I was contracted to make a statue in the town center out of wave marble." Please tell me all about this Shift Stone."

Comment

• "Do ye know anythin' about a weapon on this island?"

Comment

• (Lessons)

The sphere shimmers, begins glowing, and then....ripples wave across its surface at Lessons' touch, before a large ear melds out of its surface. Then, nothing. Presumably, the is another lock, requiring another key....

(Laughter, Diane, Scholar)

"A statue made out of Shift-stone?" Thryme snorts," That would be a gross misuse of such a rare material. Either your patron is mad or has more money than sense. Or both. Shift-stone is basically made of millions of small earth elementals. They will congregate in a certain pattern, forming a certain shape, but they can alter themselves depending on whatever patterns the sorcerer that summoned them thought to teach them. Others CAN alter their shape, but it requires a great deal of effort and will. That's why Yuugo had his vault made of the stuff. It's almost impossible to break the normal way!"

Shifting to Laughter's question, Thryme grins mischievously," I'm the strongest weapon on this island. Just you see," she said, as she rummaged in her pockets, before laughing nervously," I, uh, seem to have lost my control cube. Oh well! Even without my Therianlord Armor, I'm still the strongest being here! Unless you count that piece of junk Yuugo fawned over....What was its name? Deneb of Marsday? Some piece of junk he bought from the Tyrant of Althanaaz," Thryme shakes her head," He always had too much of a soft spot for those romance cycles of his..."

Comment

• "Oh ye? Where be that? Got some mad men lookin' to misuse it."

Comment

• Faced with the insurmountable language barrier Lessons does the only sane thing... he lays out a map for the more scholarly equipped to follow. Taking his brush of excellent adhesion out of his pockets he begins to draw arrows pointing toward the Vault, finally stealing a big plank of wood from the excavation and writing a huge arrow on it pointing down into the Excavation site and reading "HUGE MAGICAL VAULT OF RICHES. WITH GOLD AND STUFF. AND EARSPHERES. THIS WAY." He waits for an opportune moment, positions the sign so it can be seen if anyone looks down to the excavation site and then throws something heavy that will make a good loud crash where it lands to alert attention to it before slipping back into the darkness of the excavation site.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• Yes, thought Scholar, I will definitely be keeping two of the three statue sized slabs when I get them. He turns to Thryme and says, "thank you."

Comment

• (Lessons, Diane, Scholar)

"Huh? Oh,no problem, Chick," Thryme slaps him on the back," Oh, the entrance to the vault is over...." Thryme pauses, tall, bushy ears, not unlike that of a rabbit, sprout from her head, as she jerks towards the dig site.

"Something is down there," she whispers, kneeling down and patting the open earth, "Bugger is invisible to sight, but Lord Paisap can see you, fool," she grins.

What will you do?

Comment

• With a grin Lessons writes onto the ground: Can he read me too?

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• Scholar looks in the direction Thryme is looking. He searches in vain to see what she sees. "Pool Pinto, do you see anything at that dig site?"

Comment

• (Laughter, Diane, Scholar)

Pool Pinto stares deep into the gloom before shrugging," NOPE! Sorry, Master! There's just nothing down there! Except that sign. Hey, free gold!"

Thryme blinks, looking intently into the dig site, as she snorts," I could've sworn I heard....No matter. That's where the vault entrance is, anyway.."

Comment

• Scholar looks at Laughter, "So what are we doing here Captain? Are we going down to the site or not? There is a big sigh that wasn't there before."

Comment

Working...
                                X