Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IC [Exalted 3e] The Pirates of the Gilded Throne

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Aye, I see it. Should probably go check it out to make sure that lilly Chandra don't be stealin' any weapons of doom. Would ye be so kind as to grace us with yer august company across yer beautiful island, Thryme?"
    Last edited by angryicecream; 02-13-2018, 04:52 PM.

    Comment


    • Scholar prepares for battle. He checks his breastplate and sword and heads down towards the site. He pulls Pool Pinto into his aura before he starts toward trouble.

      Comment


      • (Laughter, Scholar, Diane)

        Thryme laughs, " It's not my island. It was Captain Yuugo's. Although, now, if he really is....Well, let's not worry about that now. Come on, you lot,"Thryme calls, waving for you all to follow, as she leaps down into the pit. Ignoring the signs, Thryme walks briskly down the corridor, as if the gloom doesn't bother her, before she sighs and claps her hands. Immediately, the crystal veins in the walls hum with soft light, illuminating the hall. Walking along the now lit path, Thryme pauses at the door, which has since closed, before looking back at the Circle apprehensively, and leaning towards the head figure, the one whose arms laid outstretched for the key, and whispered into the frieze's ear.

        The frieze nodded, and bowed, "Welekumu bakka, Diia," it called, as Thryme nodded.

        She then turned to clap Essen on the back,"Do well, and you might have a cooshy little place like this one day, you," She chuckled, before motioning for you all to follow. Inside, you find piles of gold, silver, and other precious metals strewn about, along with racks of weapons and armor made of steel, copper, and even metals that you're not familiar with. Pointing to the humming globe at the far end of the hall, Thryme chuckled. "This all merely scraps of what Yuugo accumulated. The really good stuff is in his main vault. Here we just have his silly toy, there in that sphere."

        What will you do?

        (Lessons)

        You pause as your excellent plan comes to fruition, and the Circle, guided by someone you have yet to meet, walks them along the corridor. THere, at the end of the hall, you inwardly frown as this woman somehow bypasses the lock. And after you did all that puzzle solving and everything! You ought to have figured there was a backup key. She then begins to explain the complex in further detail, but this is nothing you, the intrepid explorer, hasn't seen.

        What will you do?

        Comment


        • Content that the others were taking stock of the treasure vault and are keeping it save from any looters Lessons turns around and explores where the path to the northeast leads him.


          My Mage 2e Homebrew

          Comment


          • (Lessons)

            Ever restless as you are, you walk along the other path, finding yourself returning to the surace in a wooded area, on the opposite end of the mountain, near a large shrine of the kind you occasionally see in the Old District "Shogunate Rococo style," you think they call it? Whatever. There, you see a number of heavily armed figures guarding the entrance to the shrine, although you can see a few figures within the walls of the shrine, namely Chandra, who is gesticulating wildly to a man lounging on a fallen statue of a fat man wielding a pair of scales like a weapon. The man seems not entirely interested in Chandra's distress.

            Everyone seems to not have noticed your presence, but you're still somewhat far off.

            What will you do?

            Comment


            • Lessons carefully sneaks closer toward the temple, going around so he doesn't approach the guards directly. He looks for a window through which he can listen to the conversation.


              Lessons achieves 12 successes to hide himself


              My Mage 2e Homebrew

              Comment


              • (Lessons)

                You sneak ever closer to the shrine, where you begin to hear snippets of the conversation..

                "So, this island is....a giant network?"
                "Indeed. If my theory is correct, then it's not just....but a whole series!"
                "Intriguing! Still, that doesn't leave.....What of those msicreants?"
                "Peace, Nova. Chandra was there. What do you think?"
                "There's one like...Lord Wulf. And several ...They even killed Shoat."
                "Now, now, no need to get so twisted over a doll. There's many more calves to be fattened for the slaughter yet."
                "But...."
                "Peace, Chandra, I'm not upset, and neither should you. After all, I assumed she would degenerate into a husk sooner or later. Now, my dear Makkaku, on the other hand..."
                "I would prefer to have Deneb of Marsday," came the voice owned by the one Chandra called Wulf.
                "Your love of that machine belies your position as a knight of Death and an owner of the Wolflord Armor," Nova chides.
                "Bah, We'll see when the Glacial Tyrant rewards me yet," came the only reply, as the conversation devolved into Nova and Wulf bickering.

                What will you do?
                Last edited by Dietaku; 02-16-2018, 04:37 PM.

                Comment


                • Nova and the Wulf. The two big bad guys, as far as anyone could tell. And Chandra caught in the middle, being casually disregarded by both. Perhaps this would help him see what low company he keeps... perhaps not. Time would tell. For now time to get a better look at these guards.


                  6 successes on appraising the guards and their equipment

                  Last edited by Flinty; 02-16-2018, 04:41 PM.


                  My Mage 2e Homebrew

                  Comment


                  • (Lessons)

                    The guards are clearly not alive, standing far more still than even living guards could. Their arms and armor are fine craftsmanship weapons and llamelar armor, insofar as Lessons can tell. Their equipment doesn't seem to have any magical qualities, although as Lessons isn o doubt aware, appearances can be deceiving.
                    '
                    What will you do now?

                    (Laughter, Scholar, DIane)

                    As the Circle stands in awe of the wealth before them, a darkness washes over the room, and a chilling laughter echoes across the hall.

                    "Is this something you had installed?" Essen asks, as Thryme shakes her head," This is something new."

                    What will you do?

                    Comment


                    • Lessons retreats back to his listening spot, keeping an ear out for sensible information and otherwise making sure the bad guys don't suddenly move out and get a drop on his allies.


                      My Mage 2e Homebrew

                      Comment


                      • As Scholar was following the lady, he was also memorizing the path he followed. Then she said some words at the door, he memorized those also. In case he needed to get out of here fast, he memorized. everything he could. He had also not forgotten about the wave marble. He was tempted to have Pool Pinto pick up some but he didn't. It would be a waste of Essence to keep pulling her out again and again. For now, though, he followed.

                        Comment


                        • Laughter whistles appreciatively as they walk through the building but presses on for now

                          Comment


                          • (Laughter, Diane)

                            Ignoring the wave of darkness, Thryme presses towards the waving sphere, as she stands before the sphere, before leaning over and whispering something undecipherable into the ear that melds forth from its surface. The sphere then smelts back, like a cloth curtain, revealing a baroque machine, a relic of a bygone age; a titan of the battlefield, a Warstrider....Or it would be. This one now seems to be a piece of junk, ill-kept and covered in dust.
                            "I suppose it has been some time," Thryme admitted, as the shadow that fell over the room darkened.
                            "I smell fresh blood. Fresh blood of the Sun. I'd love to drench my tongue in your ichor," it crooned, as a figure came into view.

                            What you do?

                            (Lessons)

                            "So, this Makkaku, what is he capable of?" Wulf asked, as Nova brightened.
                            "Ah, he's a pinnacle of engineering! A beauty of hunter-killer technology, able to sniff out essence and then wields a ingenious weapon I'm calling the Preta Scourge."
                            "Oh? And what does that do?" Wulf asked.
                            Nova 's echoing cackle resounded out of the plaza," If we find a victim of it, then I'll explain."

                            Oh, dear, that sounds serious. What will you do now?

                            Comment


                            • "More dead things, then?" Laughter asks, looking for the source of the voice and placing a hand on the hilt of his saber

                              Comment


                              • (Diane, Laughter)

                                "Your guess is as good as mine," Thryme muttered, as the figure vanished, reappearing right before the group as a trio of figures, before this group vanished, and the cackling resounded across the The air whistled around you all, as Essen whimpered.

                                "There's a bug in here, slicing through the air, she hissed, as Thryme narrowed her eyes.

                                "Curious," she muttered, as the cackling grew to anger. Clearly something wasn't going as planned. However, just as Thryme muttered her quip, the air howled again, and a red blossom of ichor bloomed as her right arm vanished in a cloud of blood. Collapsing to one knee, she let out a keening yell, as the figure appeared before you. A tall, well-muscled facsimile of a man stood before you, clenching the lost arm as he greedily sucked on it. Evil intelligence burned in his dull eyes as he slowly studied the group, before spitting the llimb to the ground.

                                "Foul stuff, that. Bestial copper-tasting blood of animals is no good! I want sweet blood! You all! Slit your wrists for me this instant!" he demanded.

                                Well, what will you do?

                                (Lessons)

                                As Lessons continues his ever-present silent and rather contemplative vigil, a squawking can be heard in the plaza, as a new voice is heard between the trio.

                                "Nova, Wulf. I will be heading to your present location. I will inspect your present work and progress," a stern female voice growled, as Nova coughed.

                                "Madame Tyrant, there's not been enough time! Besides, we're having...issues. Some of our workers are being attacked by some...interlopers," Nova explained.

                                "Is it that androgynous bravo with the evil starblade, and those...cheese knives?" she demanded, as Nova laughed nervously.

                                "No, nothing like that. These are a new group. I have not seen them, but apparently they erased an entire work area."

                                The Tyrant clucked her tongue, before responding," I see. As stated, I will be arriving in an hour. Be prepared for my arrival, and we shall take care of these pests. By the glory of the Obsidian Pyramids."

                                "...By the Glory of the Obsidian Pyramids," Nova and Wulf echoed, not entirely enthusiastically.

                                "By the Gods and the Lords of Black Midnight, she's coming here?" Wulf asked incredulously.

                                "I just hope she's in a better mood than before. Last time something like this happened, M'Lady Tyrant got put into her...present predicament," Nova replied with a nervous chuckle.

                                Well, that's odd. What will you do now?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X