[OOC] Mangham High School: Teens really are monsters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [OOC] Mangham High School: Teens really are monsters

Mangham, a small coastal georgia town, just close enough to Savannah for an easy commute, far enough to get away from the crime. With an economy based on tourism and the military, this small town is supposed to be great place to grow up... for a mortal that is. For a teenage monster, things will of course be more complicated. With adults keeping secrets, the other teenage monsters trying to recruit you for their bullshit, the rivalry with the other other teenage monsters at Frank Darabont Memorial High )your rivals) who want you dead and the down right weird shit happening on a regular basis, it seems Mangham has more to it than meets the eye. And that is where things stand when a group of teenage monsters, and one hunter at Mangham High School all wind up in detention together almost as soon as school starts in August. ..

Think Riverdale meets Gravity falls, but in Georgia.

Player List

Afj = Obrimos mage

ElvesofZion = Messenger demon

spencer = Netzo hunter

Malonkey = Cahalith werewolf

Cinder = Eshmaki Ravager

reaperfrost = stricken sin eater

Knowbody = acanthus mage

So the first thing I want you guys to do before we get started, once you finish making your characters, is come up with what y'all did to wind up in detention together, Breakfast Club style.

be sure to post your stats, background and such
    Last edited by The young man in the cafe; 01-24-2018, 08:48 PM.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

I think I'm going with the Cahalith werewolf. He ended up in detention when he fought back against a bully. Character sheet will be linked soon.

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by malonkey1 View Post
      I think I'm going with the Cahalith werewolf. He ended up in detention when he fought back against a bully. Character sheet will be linked soon.
      Anything left of the bully?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Anything left of the bully?
        The bully's nose is broken. Roger is pretty gentle, usually. He only went that far because the backpack had his dad's army uniform in it.

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

After thinking of the background, I decided to go with Anakim. It works with the physicality that kept coming up in my mental image and the hopelessness of "you'll turn up rotten as those of your family do no matter what".

Name's Sam. Detention might involve a rock, a teacher's car and an impulsive use of Cyclopean Strength. Gonna write him up tomorrow morning (sorry about that, but it's pretty late around here)
          Last edited by Cinder; 01-24-2018, 09:21 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Just finished writing up my sin eaters back story now I am thinking about his geist. His names gonna be Alden reason for detention is gonna have to involve him enjoying boxing a little to much.

Comment

http://twentytwowords.com/hilarious-...ven-detention/ got some ideas for what got him into detention.
              Last edited by reaperfrost8; 01-25-2018, 12:20 AM.

Comment

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Here is Eli! I statted him out and made his lore!

first of all i cant wait for this character to be really not as powerful as anyone else by a long shot with their regular ass human abilities (he's not even a sleepwalker so lunacy and paradox and Quintessence ahoy) and mere human 7 merit dots.

Second of all could people please look over my lore and stats to make sure I didn't mess something up or do something dumb or make lore that sticks out like a sore thumb or something?

Comment

He went to detention for bringing a metal baseball bat to school. he didn't know it was against the rules. he brought it for self defence.

Comment

Took me a while to think of his geist feel free to criticize

Name: Alden Santos
                    Virtue: Calm

Vice:Masochistic
                    Archetype: Mourner
                    Geist: Pale Sister
                    Threshold: Stricken

Willpower: 5
                    Psyche: 1
                    Synergy: 7
                    Health:8
                    Keystone memento: Music Player

Intelligence: 2
                    Strength: 3
                    Presence: 2
                    Wits: 2
                    Dexterity: 2
                    Manipulation: 2
                    Resolve: 3
                    Stamina: 3
                    Composure: 2

Skills
                    Academics:2 Medicine(Disease):1 Occult (Ghosts):3 Science: 1
                    Athletics (Endurance): 4 Brawl: 3 Stealth: 2 Survival 1 Weaponry: 1
                    Empathy:1 Persuasion: 2 Subterfuge: 1

Merits: Indomitable: 2 Tolerance for Biology: 1 Iron will: 2 Boxing: 2 Eye for the Strange: 2

Keys:Grave Dirt, Phantasmal Manifestations: Caul: 2 Rage: 1 Ceremonies:Pass on: 1

Background: Alden was a normal thirteen year old during the time of his Bargain. Like any normal family he would always get a flu shot every year but during this year his family opted not to seeing as he looked healthy already or that he never had a cold or disease since he was six. The next thing they knew he was in the ER. As he was surrounded by doctors trying to heal him he was saved by an angel in the form of the Pale sister who made a deal with the wayward teen. “Take me with you let me have the childhood I never experienced.” Hearing the terms of the deal the teen accepted the deal becoming one of the bound.

Waking up from that hospital Alden became apathetic to life. His emotion dulled when he died while he still has some form of. His family considered to send him to therapy but opted not to thinking that this was a phase that will wear off at some point. All the while his “Sister” is also trying to wake him from this apathy via trying to make him socialize or joining clubs hoping to get him more active in life not only for his sake but for her enjoyment so far the closest thing that's working is the boxing club.

Geist: The pale child was only but a child when she died her skin has become pale, eyes yellow and dull her clothes look dirty and ragged.Born during the time Europeans went to America It took her a century before she became a Geist thinking to use it as a way to get back to life she searches for the dying young hoping to receive a full childhood as well as piggy back ride to the true afterlife.

Aspirations
                    Long Term: Finish first semester with a gpa of 4.0
                    Short Term: Make new friends

His reason for detention is that during boxing practice he wasn't paying attention and accidentally stepped on someone during push ups.

Parents; Joshua Santos and Lilly Santos.
                    Last edited by reaperfrost8; 01-27-2018, 01:30 PM.

Comment

I'll get the writeup of James 'Achilles' Gardner out sometime later today. As for why he's in detention, it's probably for not paying attention in classes. He's one of those people that really works for the things he cares about and really doesn't give a shit about those he doesn't. In this case, 'what he cares about' is track and field and what he doesn't is 'most of the rest of the curriculum'.

Comment

Ok, here's my new friend. Comments or questions are welcome

Name: Sam Boone
                        Legend: Wrathful
                        Life: Loyal
                        Family: Anakim
                        Hunger: Ruin
                        Horror: Rampaging Boar
                        Mental Attributes: Intelligence 2, Wits 2, Resolve 2
                        Physical Attributes: Strength 3, Dexterity 2, Stamina 3
                        Social Attributes: Presence 2, Manipulation 2, Composure 3
                        Mental Skills: Academics 1 (Legends), Crafts 2, Medicine 1 , Occult 1
                        Physical Skills: Athletics 3 (Lifting), Brawl 4 (Multiple Opponents), Firearms 1, Larceny 2, Weaponry 1
                        Social Skills: Intimidation 3, Streetwise 2, Subterfuge 2, Survival 1
                        Merits: Encyclopedic Knowledge (Academics), Fame 1, Giant, Iron Skin 1, Relentless Assault 1, Striking Looks 2
                        Willpower: 5
                        Lair: 1 (Undergrowth, Rotting)
                        Atavisms: Cyclopean Strength, Relentless Hunter
                        Nightmares: Everything You Do Is Worthless, Run Away

Background: Sam had the bad luck to be born into a family filled with small criminals, thieves and troublemakers. While he rarely interacts with the worst elements of the Boone family (including his father, who has been in jail since Sam was a little kid), their reputation haunted Sam since childhood. This, combined with his somewhat intimidating appearance, made it so that too many of the adults in town always treated him as a lost cause, someone destined to end the same way as many of his relatives. This attitude left a mark over the time and a part of Sam has come to believe what others have told him so many times. Years of frustration and undeserved mistrust make it so that Sam has plenty of rage to vent, something that surfaces through tantrums and impulsive vandalism. The school has him listed as problematic student and most teachers treat him accordingly, but many would surprised to discover his grades are average and there’s no heinous crime or act of bullism in his file. The truth is that most people are just afraid of him and treat him accordingly, something he’s aware of. Too bad he has no idea how to make them change their mind (and has started to believe it’s not worth trying)

Those who give Sam a chance discover that he’s way more friendly and kind that his looks would suggest, but it will take some time and patience to get through all the defenses he had to raise over the years and go beyond a casual chat.

Sam lives with his maternal grandparents. They told him that his mother left when he was a little kid, though there’s a recurring gossip in town that Sam’s father killed her. On his part, Sam refuses to think about her. His grandparents try to keep him away from all the Boone family, but Sam still visits some of the “good” ones from time to time. At times, less than savory individuals, either family members or their associates, recognize and approach Sam. This led him into danger on many occasions, but he always managed to handle the situation.

Sam’s Devouring complicated things a lot. After weeks of unexplainable nightmares, the Devouring came out of nowhere in a heated summer night. It happened spontaneously, with no other Beast involved, but Sam could not deny the bond with the monstrous boar that rampaged through his dreams. The Devouring brought clarity to his life and now Sam feels like he found a missing piece of himself, but he has to deal with Hunger and his now-empowered wrath without any guidance. No other Begotten has approached him so far and Sam wonders if he’s the only monster of his kind.

Description: Sam is, to be blunt, huge. He’s taller than all the other boys of his age (and many adults as well), to the point many take him as a grown-up man, and a rather big one to boot. Sam keeps his brown-reddish hair short, shaving them himself in an almost military cut. He often wears old, dismissed clothes of all sorts (as long as they fit), but his grandparents try to buy him some new ones for special occasion. He almost always wear a baseball hat when outside.

Some think Sam is slow-witted and shy, but that’s only because he has almost nobody to talk with. He has his passions and a peculiar love for legends and fairytales that doubles as escapism. A bunch of people have mentioned that Sam might shine in certain sports, but nobody is willing to let him try. The general idea is that he’s not worth the trouble.

Sam’s Horror is an immense, nightmarish boar. Its hide is covered in blood and pierced by dozens of arrows, spears and swords. Its Lair is a mountainous forest, with the ground littered by ancient weapons, armors and the bones of their owners. There’s trace of old ruins and buildings here and there, but they all been destroyed and reclaimed by nature long ago. The environment is almost actively aggressive towards living creatures, as open wounds fester and life is drained by all intruders. Only the Boar itself is strong enough to endure here.

Last edited by Cinder; 01-25-2018, 01:27 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Originally posted by Cinder View Post
                          Name: Sam Boone
                          This is really cool! Also further brings out just how utterly screwed Eli is in this party so that's fun (It's fine really. Eli is a mini-antagonist already and has Tactics and Practical Experience and Risking Willpower and things like that)

Comment

Hank "Mjolnir" Dixon took the blame when the kid sitting behind him kept talking during class and his clumsy attempts to protest only landed him in further trouble and detention. The little prick responsible apparently ended up with a broken nose later that day, so Hank feels pretty good about hexing him to balance the scales.

Name: Henry "Hank" Dixon
                            Shadow Name: Mjolnir
                            Path: Acanthus

Virtue: Stubborn
                            Vice: Reckless

​Intelligence: 1
                            ​Wits: 2
                            ​Resolve: 3
                            Strength: 4
                            Presence: 3
                            Manipulation: 1
                            Composure: 3

Skills: Crafts 1, Investigation 1, Medicine (first aid) 1, Occult 1, Athletics (throwing) 2, Brawl 2, Drive 3, Firearms 1, Weaponry 3, Expression 1, Intimidation 3, Streetwise 2, Subterfuge (play dumb) 1

​Merits: Artifact Hammer 6, Mentor 2, Hallow 2 (shared 4)

Fate 2, Life 1, Prime 1, Time 2
                            ​Gnosis: 1
                            Wisdom: 7
                            Mana: 10

Size: 5
                            ​Health: 8
                            Willpower: 6
                            Speed: 11
                            Initiative: 5
                            Defense: 4

Background:
                            ​Hank Dixon is a white trash thug trying to turn his life around. His family have lived in and around Mangham pretty much as long as he can remember, and his younger sister Barbara attends the Middle School. Never especially bright, Hank's biggest failing throughout his life has been his tendency to follow others who didn't necessarily have his best interests at heart, earning the otherwise well-intentioned young man his unfortunate reputation as muscle for kids who are smarter and meaner than him. His Awakening to the Path of Thistle gave him a moment of clarity to shake free of his thorny past even as it landed him in juvenile hall. Now he's back in school for the new year and hoping to make sense of how his view of the world has changed.

​Appearance:
                            ​His formerly shaggy dark blonde hair has been trimmed into a buzz cut and he seems a bit more focused than before, but old habits die hard and his undefined muscular frame still makes an imposing first impression. He's still trying to define his Shadow persona; so far he tends to stand or sit up a bit straighter when shifting into "wizard mode" at least.

Aspirations:
                            Solve a problem without magic
                            Stand up for yourself or others
                            ​Prove that you're not still the person you were.

Obsession:
                            Who will try to wield Mjolnir?

​A couple questions: how much input do you want from players on things like the Mentor merit? And is there a school uniform? I seem to recall this being a private school at one point.
                            Last edited by Knowbody; 01-27-2018, 05:08 PM. Reason: Added Aspirations and Obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Knowbody View Post
                              Hank "Mjolnir" Dixon took the blame when the kid sitting behind him kept talking during class and his clumsy attempts to protest only landed him in further trouble and detention. The little prick responsible apparently ended up with a broken nose later that day, so Hank feels pretty good about hexing him to balance the scales.

Name: Henry "Hank" Dixon
                              Shadow Name: Mjolnir
                              Path: Acanthus

Virtue: Stubborn
                              Vice: Reckless

​Intelligence: 1
                              ​Wits: 2
                              ​Resolve: 3
                              Strength: 4
                              Presence: 3
                              Manipulation: 1
                              Composure: 3

Skills: Crafts 1, Investigation 1, Medicine (first aid) 1, Occult 1, Athletics (throwing) 2, Brawl 2, Drive 3, Firearms 1, Weaponry 3, Expression 1, Intimidation 3, Streetwise 2, Subterfuge (play dumb) 1

​Merits: Artifact Hammer 6, Mentor 2, Hallow 2 (shared 4)

Fate 2, Life 1, Prime 1, Time 2
                              ​Gnosis: 1
                              Wisdom: 7
                              Mana: 10

Size: 5
                              ​Health: 8
                              Willpower: 6
                              Speed: 11
                              Initiative: 5
                              Defense: 4

Background:
                              ​Hank Dixon is a white trash thug trying to turn his life around. His family have lived in and around Mangham pretty much as long as he can remember, and his younger sister Barbara attends the Middle School. Never especially bright, Hank's biggest failing throughout his life has been his tendency to follow others who didn't necessarily have his best interests at heart, earning the otherwise well-intentioned young man his unfortunate reputation as muscle for kids who are smarter and meaner than him. His Awakening to the Path of Thistle gave him a moment of clarity to shake free of his thorny past even as it landed him in juvenile hall. Now he's back in school for the new year and hoping to make sense of how his view of the world has changed.

​Appearance:
                              ​His formerly shaggy dark blonde hair has been trimmed into a buzz cut and he seems a bit more focused than before, but old habits die hard and his undefined muscular frame still makes an imposing first impression. He's still trying to define his Shadow persona; so far he tends to stand or sit up a bit straighter when shifting into "wizard mode" at least.

​A couple questions: how much input do you want from players on things like the Mentor merit? And is there a school uniform? I seem to recall this being a private school at one point.
                              I don’t mind having input on the mentor just as long as they aren’t part of one of the orders remember the social splats come into play later . I’m thinking the school is a formerly private school that got seized by the state for... reasons but being in the Chatham county area means that the public schools have uniforms. The uniform for mangham high is a white button up shirt with a dark blue vest and khakis for boys . Some of the clubs have their own vests with different colors but all the vests have the school seal on the right breast.
                              Last edited by The young man in the cafe; 01-25-2018, 12:10 PM.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Working...
                              X