No announcement yet.

[OOC][MtAw 2e] Smoke and Shadows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, things have come up and I'm going to have to bow out. Sorry, team!

Abyssals: Whom Death Has Called, a PEACH-as-heck attempt to make an Abyssal 3E holdover.

Where I try to make Artifacts. When I finish them I'll probably post them in the Artifact Workshop thread so people can help me hammer them into shape.

Comment

Guys,i just had an idea. Since most of ours have Death,what if got together as a Cabal when an 7000 year ghost showed up and revealed us the location of a certain artifact?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
        Guys,i just had an idea. Since most of ours have Death,what if got together as a Cabal when an 7000 year ghost showed up and revealed us the location of a certain artifact?

Thats a cool idea! I would definitely be on board with that, though 7000 years old might be a tad excessive , Unless Flinty has an idea for a Rank 8+ spectre to include in the Chronicle.
        Last edited by Katana1515; 07-28-2018, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Beans sorry to hear it, take care!

Even a 7000 year old ghost is not necessarily Rank 6+ and if it was it wouldn't really be anything like the ghost of a real person anymore. It would likely be rank 4-5, which is really bad enough. The question with this idea is whom did a ghost reveal it to? Why did that person recruit the other chars of the cabal specifically. (And of course why and is it true at all etc. but that's for me to decide )

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

So while you guys are building your character I thought I'd give you some more background info about some of the mages, cabals and structures of the Consilium your chars would likely know about.

The Consilium has for security reasons compartmentalized information, thus your characters won't be aware of every mage or even cabal in the city, but here are some things your characters are aware of.
            Positions

Hierach & Council - The Hierach, in theory, reigns supreme. In actuality he or she is dependant on the support of his or her councilors to keep her position. Thus the Council takes the place of advisors that cannot simply be ignored. Should a majority of the Council (3 or more) members vote to depose the current Hierach he or she must resign.

Provosts - A sort of personal Herald for the individual Council members, the Provosts speak with the voice of their Councilor and handle most buisness for them, affording the Councilors themselves privacy and more importantly security. It's a highly heterogenous position. Due to the constant strife of the last decades the position has often been filled by less experienced members of the Consilium since more established members didn't want to take the risk. Provosts therefor vary vastly in their magical proficiency and status. A member in an order usually is aware of a contact protocol for their order's Provost.

Sentinels - The Sentinels are the protectors of the Consilium and are entitled to commandeer any assistance wether personal or material from any mage of the consilium in line of their duty, as long as no member of the Council (or by extension their Provosts) says otherwise. There are currently two Sentinels, both Arrows, though the post has been known to be held by a Libertine in the past aswell. The current Sentinels are Benkei and Gallahad.

Heralds - The Heralds are the lifeline of the Consilium. They are aware of the cabals of the consilium, their members and most of their sancta. In return every mage of the Consilium is aware of ways to contact every Herald. When one mage needs to get into contact with another they usually arrange a meeting via one of them. Because of the high amount of potentially disastrous information they posess every Herald is protected by several powerful protective spells (and restrictive Geas) laid upon them by the council and any attempt to subvert, influence or otherwise mess with the Heralds are summarily punished by death. Heralds usually serve for life and are forbidden from holding any other office for the duration of their term. Should one wish to retire they are required to undergo extensive memory manipulations. Aside from their main tasks each Herald also has special responsibilities such as representing the Concilium to outsders or looking out for specific groups of mages.
            Territory

The docks are disputed territory so to speak, both Seers and some Pentacle mages hold influence here. Tread lightly and don't tread in the water at all. Why? Because something is in there. You can go for a swim (whyever you'd want to) and likely come back in one piece, but mages and others exploring the depths of the bay often disappear.

Downtown is Seer country, Mammon Pylons are deeply entrenched in the Skyscrapers of the financial district. Some Libertines try to contest it, but that's risky buisness. ESPECIALLY with the current truce. The Hierach has ordered Pentacle mages to give the area a wide berth.

The Foxhall district is off limit to mages. An elusive cabal (The Black Vigil) has taken up residence there and placed a ban around the area barring other mages from entering. They are technically part of the Pentacle but they observe none of the rights and allmost never leave their claimed area. Anyone who makes it past the ban will be killed first and interrogated later. The last guy to try (12 years ago) ended as a particularily bloody spot on the sidewalk outside of Foxhall. Most are simply never seen again.

Rushville National Park is a large, heavily forested area about 20 miles away from the city. Claimed by a local Cabal (Animal House) that only allows for crossing along certain paths.

Cabals

The New Dawn - The Hierachs cabal has made it its goal to usher in a new era of prosperit for the Consilium. It's a rather large cabal that only recently formed. Predominantly Silver Ladder and Adamantine Arrow, though all orders are represented.

The Roundtable - The cabal of former Hierach Arthur. Arthur was an Adamantine Arrow and a master of the second degree. He held the title for more than 20 years (quite impressive given the dangers involved) before he died about a year ago. Most of his cabal died in the fighting with him, the remnants keep largely to themselves, though Gallahad holds the position of Sentinel and deputizes his cabalmates frequently. All members of the cabal are Adamantine Arrows and many belong to a Legacy called "Knights of Avalon", said to have been founded by Arthur a decade ago. Arthus was said to posess a powerful artifact in the form of a sword, what has become of it nobody knows.

The Swords of Liberty - Alongside the Roundtable the largest and most notorious warcabal in East Bay. They have weathered the storm relativly well and are not happy with the truce. Predominantly Free Council and Arrow, their leader is an experienced Libertine by the name of Theomacha.

The Black Vigil - elusive, militaristic isolationist cabal that holds Foxhall. Many silently question wether their enormous secrecy is supposed to cover left handed practices.

The Web - predominantly Libertine cabal dedicated to connecting the awakened and spreading information. They have multiple ties to other consilia and cabals near and far.

The Melting Pot - After the fierce battles last year many cabals were shattered and since then there has been an influx of new mages in the consilium. The Melting Pot is a cabal founded to give these disenfranchised mages a (temporary) home. It has only a few permanent core members, but refugees and transients are welcome to use communal sancta and hallows until they move on or join a cabal of their own.

Known to Tara (and other SL members): The Wise Ones - Predominantly Silver Ladder cabal whose members style themselves after Wise Men (or Women) from history (and myth) and try to guide the lives of sleepers towards awakening. Responsible for most Cryptopoly in East Bay. Cabal of the Silver Ladder Councilor Balthazar and his Provost Ptolemy.

Know to Lumiel (and other Mysterium characters, so likely Second Chances' char): The Lords of the Below - A cabal that studies the mysteries of death and specifically of the underworld. Predominantly Mysterium and the keepers of the local Athenaeum. Predominantly Mysterium, the Councilor, her Provost and both Curators are members of this cabal. It's members all styled their shadow names about gods and spirits associated with death.

Know to Lumiel (and other Mysterium characters, so likely Second Chances' char): Animal House - The second important Mysterium cabal, though less so than the Lords Below. They have claimed Rushville National Park, about 20 miles from the city, as their territory and allow crossing only along certain paths. Thyrsus heavy, invested in Spirit magics. Their members style their names after animals.
            Mages

Phoenix - The new Hierach. Very young for her position (or so it is said, she looks somewhere between 20 and 30, but due to magic that doesn't mean much) and very talented for her age. Came to East Bay merely five years ago but has gained great respect among the Arrow, Free Council and Ladder in this short time. Didn't ascend to the Hierachy uncontested, but strengthened her claim with the Duel Arcane (she appears to be a brilliant duelist). Far from being a pacifist she fought on the frontlines, but believes it's important to clean house and rebuild before fighting the seers. If both sides destroy each other completly the only ones winning are the Exarchs. She's Obrimos and a Théarch.

Hope - A young Obrimos who only finished her apprenticeship 2 years ago. Phoenix' student and now her Provost. Member of the New Dawn and a Théarch.

Benkei - A large and ugly fellow with a propensity for swordmanship. Member of the New Dawn, Adamantine Arrow and one of the Consiliums Sentinels.

Theomacha - Longtime strategos of the local Assembly and therefore also Councilor for the Free Council, though recently some voices wonder wether the two positions should be decoupled. It's said that if any mage managed to make a personal enemy of the Father, it's her. Fiercly opposed to the Seers of the Throne and the Ministry of Paternoster in particular, she leads the Swords of Liberty and is one of the most vocal proponents for continued warfare. She was a longtime friend of the former Hierach, Arthur, and is one of the few Masters in the Consilium.

Gaia - A matronly Théarch who was instrumental in the founding of the Melting Pot. Has connections and allways an open ear for mages new to the Consilium. Member of the Melting Pot.

Victoria - Fashionable and Elitist, the Théarch is one of the Consilium's Heralds and tasked with handling external relationships - meaning non-Pentacle mages and other supernatural beings. Member of the New Dawn.

Link - Libertine with a profound love for the digital age (and the movie Matrix). One of the Consilium's Heralds and tasked with handling relationships with other Consilia near and far. Member of the Web.

Muse - Jovial Libertine who loves art. One of the Consilium's Heralds and tasked with welcoming and advising mages new to the Consilium.

Gallahad - Erstwhile Provost of Arthur, now Sentinel of the Consilium. Adamantine Arrow and Member of the Roundtable.

Known to Tara (and other SL chars): Balthazar - Elderly black gentleman, Obrimos, Thrice-Great, Master of Spirit, Deacon and Councilor for the Silver Ladder. Used to treat Phoenix as a rising star but their relationship has cooled considerably since she took the Hierachy he deemed his by right and humiliated him in the Duel Arcane. The local caucus is now split between Phoenix and Balthazar causing a fair deal of internal tension. Most prominent member of the Wise Ones.

Known to Tara (and other SL chars): Ptolemy - Student and Provost to Balthazar, the aging Obrimos is the first point of contact for all buisness cocerning the local ladder. Member of the Wise Ones.

Known to Mysterium chars: Morrigan - Moros, Hierophant and Councilor of the Mysterium. She is a Master of Death and member of the Lords of the Below. She, like the rest of the order, shows little interest in politics but in general the Caucus is in favour of peace as it stops fighting from interfering with their work.

Known to Mysterium chars: Banshee - A rather morose woman dressing in funeral wear most of the time. Provost to the more elusive Morrigan and first point of contact for any Mysterium buisness. Member of the Lords of the Below.

Known to Mysterium chars: Hades - An allmost skeletal, old man that still carries himself with suprising regality. One of the Curators of the local Athenaeum and member of the Lords of the Below.

Known to Mysterium chars: Hecate - A rather strange woman with shifting appearance and personality. One of the Curators of the local Athenaeum and member of the Lords of the Below.

These lists are of course far from complete, I've only detailed important people that you would likely know of.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty View Post
              Beans sorry to hear it, take care!

Even a 7000 year old ghost is not necessarily Rank 6+ and if it was it wouldn't really be anything like the ghost of a real person anymore. It would likely be rank 4-5, which is really bad enough. The question with this idea is whom did a ghost reveal it to? Why did that person recruit the other chars of the cabal specifically. (And of course why and is it true at all etc. but that's for me to decide )
              Okay,i've come up with this: So the ghost had an struck of luck,he found an extremely potent artifact,an sarira! The ghost,who learned quite a bit about mages in his 7000 years of existence, is astonished that no mage has managed to find it but he knows most of them would do a lot for it. So he finds a group of mages at that might be interested,he decidess this cabal can be as good as any other,he tells them the location of the Sarira,but he begs them to do one thing for him first. He once watched a mage create a new ghost from scratch,just straight up creating a ghost is a spell almost all masters of death know. So the ghost begs the cabal to intercede with a Master for him. Why? The ghost wants a girlfriend,simple as that,he's lonely. he wants a mage to create a new ghost to be his eternal companion,once he has his girlfriend he'll tell the coterie about the Ruby Mistress

The Sarira

There was once a a People who lived on what today is known as Ireland. A young woman of this People worshipped the Tuatha de Danaan,the Gods. and gave them all honors,she believed they would care for her . But her family was killed by a druid of great magical strenght. His magic,he claimed,was a gift of the Gods. He left the woman alive to suffer the loss, one day later she awakened,she tought of nothing but revenge.She spent the next 50 years growing more powerful,until she found her ancient enemy and destroyed him. But her thirst for blood wasn't sated,the man claimed the Gods have Gifted him,and where those gods might be if not in the Supernal? (It wasn't called the Supernal in ancient ireland,but i don't know which name they would use). So she vowed to Ascend,and to destroy the gods and take their place as ruler of the universe. No one knows if she suceeded,no one knows if the Gods were real. But the Supernal is real and she did Ascend. Her ascension left a Sarira,a statue of petite woman made almost entirely of wood,but with deep cruel eyes made of ruby. The ghost tells all that to the cabal. I don't know what the others will think but Lumiel realizes he did heard of some people who destroyed Gods and took those Gods places as rulers of the Universe,those people are called by the greek word for "ruler from the outside" Exarch. Others would be terrified,but Lumiel? The Arrogant little shit decided finding the Sarira was the first step on a long journey to destroy the Exarchs,especially that false God the Father.

"Here's rules for making a Sarira

Sounds good?

Comment

Well a few things. Before we get into specific plothooks I'd like to know how you guys became a cabal in the first place and what your reason for sticking together is. Simple protection, some common goal, that kind of thing.

Plotwise I allready have a few things in mind I'll spring at you. I don't mind doing a general artifact hunt at some point (not sure I want to place it at the beginning, though) and what you suggest works in principle (allthough I'd change a few details of the story around).

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

Well a few things. Before we get into specific plothooks I'd like to know how you guys became a cabal in the first place and what your reason for sticking together is. Simple protection, some common goal, that kind of thing.

Plotwise I allready have a few things in mind I'll spring at you. I don't mind doing a general artifact hunt at some point (not sure I want to place it at the beginning, though) and what you suggest works in principle (allthough I'd change a few details of the story around).
                  understood! i'm personally open for any ideas that you may have about how the cabal formed,i suppose it could be because we all are begginners and want to rise up on our orders?

Comment

I'd like to hear your ideas on the issue. They're your characters, why would they stick together? It's the one thing about the setting I feel the player must come up with (which doesn't mean I'm not happy with more input for your side, I'm happy if you have ideas and wishes, really).

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

I'd like to hear your ideas on the issue. They're your characters, why would they stick together? It's the one thing about the setting I feel the player must come up with (which doesn't mean I'm not happy with more input for your side, I'm happy if you have ideas and wishes, really).
                      an idea that came to me is that the characters may have a commom enemy,someone who hurt them somehow and they get together to make them pay for his crimes,could it worrk?

Comment

an idea that came to me is that the characters may have a commom enemy,someone who hurt them somehow and they get together to make them pay for his crimes,could it worrk?
                        Sure, you'd just have to divine between you who this enemy is.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

Double post so this doesn't go under.

I think I've got everything together on my side to get started.

Nicolas Milioni Katana1515 Second Chances how is charcreation going? As soon as you get your sheets and backstories done and you figure out what kind of cabal you want to be in and why we can get started.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

Double post so this doesn't go under.

I think I've got everything together on my side to get started.

Nicolas Milioni Katana1515 Second Chances how is charcreation going? As soon as you get your sheets and backstories done and you figure out what kind of cabal you want to be in and why we can get started.
                            Hi,my sheet and backstory are done

Comment

Hi,my sheet and backstory are done
                              Cool, please post them here.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

Cool, please post them here.
                                Ok,the backstory is that my character is a motos of the mysterious. Low in order hierarchy,but very good in egregore. With a mysterious mentor who sometimes helps him
                                Do you know I post a PDF file in here without accessing Google drive?
                                Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 07-31-2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X