No announcement yet.

[IC] Exalted Seas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BanFiz looks out over the water, while no stranger to the practice this view is far different than what he's used to from his island. Catching Eathans question he replies, "Checking the blots will possibly work but we run the risk of missing something. Quartering is the better option but if it has remained hidden this long it probably lies neared the middle. we may want to set a grid on the map but ignore the outer squares."

Comment

• West Sparrow nods. "Seems a reasonable enough thought process. How fast can your...shoal? swim, Captain? Perhaps they can give us an accurate idea of the coastline faster than the ship could sail around it? That would mean we don't have to divert the ship's course to the middle of the triangle, while still being able to perform at least a cursory check of every island we pass?"

Comment

• "I don't think I'd want to send them too far afield, but between my crew and Mizuchi, we should be able to speed up our surveys a bit." Ethan rubs his chin in thought. "Some accurate and up to date charts of this region would be worth quite a bit, come to think of it. It'd take a bit longer than just speeding by anything we find, but if we spend some more time surveying we'd be less likely to miss our target."

Comment

• BanFiz nods his head thoughtfully to Ethans response. After a few moments of though he responds. "While the is something to be said about a thorough search my fear becomes our foes will not give us that leisure."

Comment

• "Yes, we have to find a balance between thoroughness and speed." West Sparrow says, completely agreeing with BanFiz's assessment. "Let us quarter the area, and use your crew and familiar to search more thoroughly than a simple survey as we sail by."

Comment

• Small teams are dispatched to survey the nearby islands, while Mizuchi is sent to prowl the coasts and look for anything that might point the ship in the right direction. Hours later, Mizuchi is the first to return, indicating she has found a city to the southwest.

Dead But Not Gone: Ghosts
              Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
              Masters of the Industrial Elements
              Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
              ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

• Ethan, in communion with Mizuchi, seeks to discover if the city carried any of the same feeling as the raiders they so recently fought, and then sets out to find BanFiz and West Sparrow to share the discovery.

Comment

• Mizuchi conveys vacancy and depth - the city is flooded and she detected no humans there, with only the tops of the taller buildings breaking the surface for seabirds to nest in. She also conveys a sense of age. The buildings are encrusted with barnacles and corals - whatever disaster befell the city happened long ago.

Comment

• "Well," Ethan tells BanFiz and West Sparrow, "I think it may be worth diverting to the ruins; even if they aren't our target, they may have charts of some sort to help us find this island. Do either of you have an idea of what this city may once have been?"

Comment

• "Hmmm..." West Sparrow raises his eyebrows. "Odds seem long that we'll find useable charts in a long abandoned, flooded city. Still, there might be something of value in there..." He trails off, focusing on remembering the tales he's heard of the islands in Sharukan's Triangle. "I've been listening to sailors tell stories of the seas since before I could walk. Let me see if I can remember any about a flooded city..."
                      Rolling Intelligence + Sail, plus my stunt dice. 2 + 3 + 2 = 7 total dice Roll results: 1,1,2,5,6,9,0 = 3 total successes
                      Last edited by Arataya; 01-20-2021, 11:40 PM. Reason: I failed at math and thought I had 5 dice, but I actually had 7. Not that it mattered...

Comment

• While West Sparrow has heard stories of sailors coming across sunken cities, cities and whole islands being dragged beneath the waves by acts of sorcery or divine wrath, and the like, he can't say he's heard of one that was supposedly contained within Sharukan's Triangle.

Comment

Working...
                        X