No announcement yet.

[IC] Exalted Seas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Storms no," Ethan shakes his head. "My second can watch the ship, and I love an adventure! As for your question, my crew and I have something of a pact. Our bond lets us share many of the benefits Mizuchi has from breathing underwater and improved swimming to natural defenses. You only need partake of a bit of my blood."

Comment

• "Hmm..." West Sparrow ponders for a moment. "This seems to be a great boon, not granted to just anyone. What are you expecting in return? I cannot provide any coins; I left nearly all I had with the temple I scaled at our last port."

Comment

• BanFiz lost in thought snaps, suddenly realizes his name has been called. Quickly reviewing the conversation in his head, he smiles and replies. "I've done what I can to bolster the defenses of the ship and I have some new toys to play with. I think Ethan probably would prefer I test these somewhere not on his ship."

Comment

• "As to your question West Sparrow, I only ask my men for their loyalty and service. As we are working towards the same ends, I would only ask that you not work against the good of this ship and crew. If ever you find you cannot agree with me and mine, I'll release you from the bond at your request. Though I hope I've shown myself trustworthy."

Ethan turns to BanFiz. "As for your toys, I would love to play with them. Could we take them with us to this ruin? The offer I've made to West Sparrow is open to you as well."

Comment

• West Sparrow ponders for a few minutes. Ethan, so far, has been a good fighter and a good host. West's long term goal is to have his own ship, but learning from this magical captain would probably only further his goal. And considering the dangers of the ocean, being better equipped to handle himself in the water seems to only be an advantage. "I accept your offer, Captain." he says, nodding his head in a small bow of gratitude for the generous terms.

Comment

• "Excellent!" Ethan waves over a sailor, who sets a tray with a heavy cup, several small glasses, a rag, and a bottle on the table before them. Taking up the bottle, Ethan pours a clear liquid into several of the glasses.

"Rice wine -- you'll find that blood is something of an acquired taste, and this helps to keep it down. It also makes the itching a bit more bearable after."

Untying the shirt cuff from his wrist, Ethan pushes the sleeve back towards his elbow exposing his forearm, the underside thick with scars. With quick motions, smooth with familiarity, he unsheathes his belt knife and draws it across the previous scars, letting the blood fall into the cup until it nears the brim. Then, holding the rag tight to his arm he turns to his companions.

"We stand on little ceremony here. Once you have partaken of my blood, offered freely, the magic will take hold and adapt your body. I recommend one or two glasses of wine, a deep drink from the cup, and then the wine. It shouldn't take long; but we can spare a few hours until you've grown used to the changes."

Ethan casts One Through Blood:
              * spends 1 lethal health level, and unsure if I need to commit additional motes with the battle group I already have committed?
              * https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
              * Effected individuals gain the benefits of Deep Seas Element, Salt-Slicked Scales, and Hook Fang Jaws

Comment

• West Sparrow gulps. His idea of "partaking of blood" was a few drops, not a mouthful. Still, Ethan was actively bleeding to provide this benefit, so it would be extremely rude to refuse now. West eagerly downs two shots of the rice wine, and then, more gingerly, raises the goblet of blood to his face. After a moment of dread, he raises the cup in a toast. "To your health, good Captain," he says with gusto, and chugs a single mouthful of the blood. Grimacing at the taste, he immediately downs another two shots of the rice wine. Unsure what to expect while the changes take place, he finds a corner of the deck to sit down in, where he will be out of the way while the magic overtakes his body.

Comment

Working...
                X