No announcement yet.

[IC] Exalted Seas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Sparrow slowly walks into the infirmary. Respectfully, he asks the doctor, "Did he say or do anything before he passed?" In his pocket, West rubs his fingers over the cloth the old man had given him. He had hoped the old one would live, and would be able to share his knowledge. Without more information, opposing the female captain and her companions was going to be tricky.

Comment

• The doctor, a middle-aged sailor with a salt-and-pepper beard, appears startled by the sudden appearance of West Sparrow, glowing as he is with his caste mark upon his brow. "Um, no, he did not. He never regained consciousness."

Masters of the Industrial Elements
      Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
      Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
      The Underworld (3rd Edition)
      ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

• West Sparrow sighs. "I tried to be fast, but it was a long way to the ship. Thank you for doing what you could for him." West turns to walk away, but then has an idea. "Excuse me, sir, but do you have a moment to attempt to answer a question? Or do you have other patients to attend to?"

Comment

• Still seeming uncertain of how to act, the doctor answers "I do have a moment right now. What is your question?"

Comment

• "Can you tell me anything about the man? I don't have much information about him. Could you tell how he died, or how old he was, or where he was from, based on what you know of bodies and such?"

Comment

• The doctor shakes his head. "There's not much I could tell you. My best guess at how he died would be internal bleeding. He took quite a beating and several deep cuts. Someone got him bandaged up a bit, but it would have taken a surgeon to save him."

"As for how old he is, it's beyond me. He looks about fifty to me, but with him glowing like that earlier how old he looks might not mean much."

"By his clothes, he might be a tradesman from the Isle, but clothing doesn't mean much."

Comment

• West Sparrow sighs and nods. "Well, thank you anyway. I know you have much to do, so I will take my leave. Which way to the warroom?"

Comment

• The doctor gives you directions to reach the chart room, up a deck and next to the captain's cabin in the stern. The room isn't large, only enough space for the senior officers and then some, and is mostly bare except for a large map of the Western Ocean hung across one wall and a large cabinet whose top serves as a desk or table for plotting courses. West Sparrow knows from experience that the cabinet will contain scroll cases full of maps for specific areas in greater detail.
                  Last edited by Kyeudo; 07-29-2020, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• BanFiz surveys the layout of the workshop and smiles. After closing the door to ensure he's alone he begins to work. He's movements are quick and precise and within the hour, he has containers of two different powders. One seems to have a slight blue tint while the other is a firey red. This should get us started he thinks, I can make the rest at a more normal pace. He starts again on more of the Water Resistant formula. Ethan and his troops should enjoy this.

Water Resistant Firedust using CNNT
                    : 10d10x7 8

Impact Explosive Firedust using CNNT
                    : 10d10x7 7

Comment

• Dripping dry as he makes his way through the corridors, Ethan pokes his head into the infirmary and grimaces upon seeing the man they'd rescued has already passed. He passes among the wounded, however, exchanging a few words with each, trusting the infirmary's staff to know their business.

The doctor informs him that West Sparrow headed for the chart room, and Ethan follows him up a deck, and asks a crewman to let BanFiz know where to find them. The Mizuchi is holding position near the bottom of the ocean only a few dozen miles away from the port they fled. It's time to discuss next steps.
                      Last edited by Mizuchi; 08-03-2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• West nods at Ethan, and then pulls the cloth from the old man out of his pocket. He lays it out on the cabinet top, and starts to examine it.

Comment

• The piece of cloth turns out to be a rough map of an island, with mountains, forests, and a river, drawn with black ink upon the cloth. There are no marks to indicate latitude or longitude, only an X indicating a location on the island somewhere in the mountains and a single word at the top "kataigidas".

Comment

• Having plied these waters for years, Ethan bends to the map to see if he can place its location. Though he has spent more time under the waves than over it since throwing off his masters' yoke, he begins to match the island's shoreline to all the lands he's seen, whether on parchment or with his own eyes.

3 int, 3 sail, 2 stunt, 1 from Fine Passage-Negotiating Style (2 motes)
                            8d10x7+1: 4 [8d10x7=6, 9, 3, 7, 3, 9, 1, 5] (failed the 6 reroll)
                            Last edited by Mizuchi; 08-07-2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• West Sparrow, while young, has years of experience sailing, albeit mostly in the area around the loathsome fishing village his father insisted on inhabiting. He squints up his face in concentration, attempting to jog something useful out of his memories. Rolling for information about the map: Intelligence 2 + Sail 3 = 5 base dice. Plus 2 for stunt. Spending 4 motes on the Sail excellency to get 4 more dice. Total 11 dice. Results of roll: 7,7,0,5,3,6,3.3,1,1,1 = 4 total successes.

Comment

• Both Ethan and West Sparrow have heard tale of Kataigidas Island, an island supposedly surrounded by dangerous reefs and a perpetual storm, located somewhere within the region of ocean far to the west known as Sharukan's Triangle. Of course, that stretch of sea itself is fairly mysterious. The area is a haven for pirates and fae and ships have a history of vanishing into the Triangle, perhaps found later as flotsam.

Comment

Working...
                                X