Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IC - Wyoming In the Dusk [Hunter/Mortal Game]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Vincent ducks back into the limo and grabs his bow, ensuring the string is taught and his arrows are read. He keys the intercom: "Keep the engine running and be ready to drive."

    He opens the door, slowly, and steps partially out, trying to keep as much door between him and the officer as possible, as well as keeping his bow hidden.


    Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy focusing on Mind and Forces

    Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy focusing on Matter and Prime

    Comment


    • #47
      -{OoC: Posting because Magnusar hasn't posted.}-
      Piero:

      An icy cold pierces through your skin where the blood is making contact. Something shoots up your veins, your muscles, your nerves — it is absolutely piercing, maddeningly chilly. Your head swims for a minute, the colours in your vision greying as the girl's voice hisses in your head.

      "Don't make a move. Don't even make a sound. You're going to listen to me now, and I'll be damned if I'm dragged back into the Pit without taking you with me, so don't even try it."

      (Roll Resolve+Composure to resist, Piero!)
      Eulalia:

      Something here is very, very wrong. You hear chattering whispers all around you, warning you of threats and serpents and stranger things. You barely make out the voices before you are gone again, but you definitely hear the threat the woman makes...even though her lips are not moving. She stares daggers at Piero, gripping her fingers into his skin like a cat into a prey animal's. You feel a tugging at the inside of your brain, and just a hint of fog as the woman's voice echoes through yours, but it's more like the sound is being played back. There is some sort of attachment to it, like an umbilical cord from an unseen womb.

      (Roll Composure+Occult to focus on the sound; it feels like it's "attached" to something, so you can use this roll to try and probe it)

      Vincent:

      The cops swarm the car like ants. Your driver is grabbed, tackled and cuffed, yelping as his shoulders are nearly dislocated with the force. The officers are hopping the car now, trying to get to you as on-lookers yell and start backing away in panic. Stop cars screech to a halt as people run across the road, and in this chaos, there are many chances to escape. It's up to you if you take them, however; you could always confront the officers. Feel free to do your own thing, as well.

      (Roll Dex+Stealth if you want to hide)


      Comment


      • #48
        Vincent grabs his bow and arrows and ducks into the crowd attempting to hide. (6d10.hitsopen(8,10)=1)

        He also tries to keep an eye on what's going on with the "injured" woman.


        Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy focusing on Mind and Forces

        Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy focusing on Matter and Prime

        Comment


        • #49
          Talahan gets down to look directly into the eyes of Eulalia and she can see something cold and merciless in his eyes. As he speaks every word seems to be carefully chosen like he's reading a script. He doesn't seem to be surprised by the fact that the man from the limo is running away.

          " What is going on my dear lady is that this is a delicate situation that Uncle Sam wants resolved quietly. So you are gonna answer my questions with civility and truthfulness or you are gonna go into a hole so dark for so long that you will forget what the sky looks like. Now AM I UNDERSTOOD ? "

          As he gets up he takes a look a closer look at the injured woman in Piero's arms.

          Comment


          • #50
            (Composure + Occult = 4 dice)

            Eulalia tries to grasp at this "attachment" to the woman's voice, but Talahan's words interrupt, making her forget all about it.

            "Clearly," she answers him, "What did you want to know?"

            While she gets the feeling that she can't trust this man, he does seem to know what's going on. She'll cooperate, at least for now.

            ((By the way, what time is it roughly? Like is it in the middle of the day, or nighttime? Just wondering))
            Last edited by crapcarp; 07-21-2014, 01:02 AM. Reason: ((Whoops, I didn't see Magnsar's post when I originally made mine, so I'm changing it to account for the dialogue))

            Comment


            • #51
              Piero grits his teeth as he struggles to regain consciousness. His eyes, now moving at a sluggish pace, search for a way out of this mess he has gotten himself into. His arms, faring little better, flail about, valiantly trying to free themselves. (Occ: The results of my roll are here.)
              Last edited by ocel; 07-23-2014, 06:30 AM.

              Comment


              • #52
                "Finally some cooperation ! You see it's not that hard. Now have you notice anything strange or out of the ordinary with this accident ? Strange noises or voices ? suspicious characters? except me of course. Anything at all ? These questions might seems a bit silly but I need all of you to answer them to the best of your abilities."

                Talahan takes out a note pad and a pen ready to note any details Eulalia might give him.
                Last edited by Magnusar; 07-27-2014, 11:22 AM.

                Comment


                • #53
                  "You see that woman over there," Eulalia asks as she nods her head towards the "woman" and Piero, "She's supposedly been in a car accident and has been losing a lot of blood for at least 10 minutes now." She had to play this carefully. Certainly many strange things have been going on, but admitting most of them would give a one-way ticket to the nuthouse. She needed evidence to support whatever she brought up. Looking around, she sees one of the police officers staring in horror as he gazes at the translucent blood.

                  "Also, as crazy as this may sound, it looks like her blood is translucent. Wouldn't you agree, officer?" She asks the officer, trying to get him to vouch for her.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Everyone:

                    By the skin of your teeth, Vincent, you've managed to give the officers the slip. They're now pushing through crowds and searching the side of the road, angrily barking at people to move aside. You've got plenty of room to run if you want, but you'll have to be careful — the officers are now yelling a description of you back and forth. The crowd is panicked, and could stampede like a herd of cattle at any time. The woman clutching Piero sees this, and digs her nails tighter into Piero's skin; whatever she has planned doesn't work, as Piero's mental defenses are up.

                    "Stay away from me, Talahan!" the woman yells mentally, only heard to Eulalia, Piero and Talahan. Her voice is tinny and reverberating, like she is yelling into an empty soup can. "I haven't violated my parole! We had a deal!"


                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Vincent looks around for some sort of foliage or something to hide behind. (Wits + Survival w/ 9 again 6d10.hitsopen(8,9)=2)

                      If he finds something he attempts to hide in it, otherwise he continues to try to hide within the crowd. (Dex + Stealth: 6d10.hitsopen(8,10)=3)


                      Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy focusing on Mind and Forces

                      Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy focusing on Matter and Prime

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        "Wait, these two know each other?" Eulalia thinks as her eyes dart between Talahan and the "woman". Whatever was going on, the situation was clearly spiraling out of control. She had to get out of here, so she looks for a way she drive out.

                        (Perception = 6 Dice: 3 Successes)

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Ye Gods! What kind of drugs is this woman on?! Piero musters up what little strength he has left in his feeble body and tries to free himself from the clutches of this fiend. (OCC: Here are the results of my roll.)
                          Last edited by ocel; 07-30-2014, 04:44 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Talahan turns is attention towards the woman and puts is notepad back inside is jacket.

                            " I'm here because of our deal, your services are required once more. So stop playing and get in the car we don't have the luxury of time on this one. Officers make sure these two don't leave yet and find the other one and arrest him I have questions for him."

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Everyone:

                              Nice work, Vince — you manage to outwit the officers enough that you can safely dive into the bushes. With frustrated shouts, they hurry into the nearby foliage to try and track you, but you are as crafty as a fox. Despite the fact you're relatively well-hidden, you'll still need to find a way to escape, as the cops have swarmed your limo and are planning to have it towed; your driver is nowhere to be seen. The entire road is a mess of smashed cards, angry personnel and oncoming rescue workers, the chaos only making it harder for the cops on the road to concentrate. (Roll Wits+Survival to successfully get away; you have a +1 to your dice pool because you're ahead of the officers)

                              The woman still has her grip on you, Piero, and she digs her nails deep enough you feel like they're going to break the skin. With a snarl to her echoing thought-voice, she says, "And what if I don't want to? I technically have a hostage here. You don't have your fancy lead cuffs with you. You said the last job was my last job, and then you let me go — no ifs, ands or buts. You gonna go back on your word and drag civvies into it, too?"

                              Eulalia, it looks like, with the cops occupied, you can pull out and head to the other lane if you're quick. There's a gap in the crowd, so it'll be hard to hit anyone; now's your chance to make a clean getaway. The woman and Talahan won't be distracted forever. (Roll Dex+Stealth to get to your car, and then Wits+Drive to get away safely; Magnusar gets to roll Perception on both rolls to try and catch you)


                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Vincent waits for the police to be looking the other way before hustling away. 7d10.hitsopen(8,9)=2


                                Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy focusing on Mind and Forces

                                Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy focusing on Matter and Prime

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X